Duke transfers - Azura Stevens, Angela Salvadores | The Boneyard

Duke transfers - Azura Stevens, Angela Salvadores

Status
Not open for further replies.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Azurá Stevens and Angela Salvadores are leaving the Duke program. Stevens will transfer; Salvadores is going to play professional basketball.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Azurá Stevens and Angela Salvadores are leaving the Duke program. Stevens will transfer; Salvadores is going to play professional basketball.
Cam please tell me this is not an April fools joke of some kind!

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Holy crap. Is Duke a sinking ship or what. Has there ever been a program that has lost so many elite recruits to transfer?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
From a few months back:
I saw Mike at the Temple game and spoke to him briefly nothing about this however. I don't get the vibe that he talking about Stevens leaving Duke as much some other players who have been rumored to already have bags packed for California & Europe. I've been told Stevens loves Duke because Duke showed her much love when few other schools did in the recruiting process. Stevens in a UCONN uniform would be an all American, but it is likely not going to happen.

Man was I wrong.

Reaction Score
Doesn't look like it:

Well, this is huge. Azura is a game-changer, no doubt. Losing her will hurt Duke badly. Salvardores is not as much of a surprise.

If I was Geno they'd both get a call. At least to see and hear their reasons.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
We still need height. I know Geno generally doesn't like transfers. Did we look at Azura when she was in high school?

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Now on Duke's website:

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.d...846&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=210855391&DB_OEM_ID=4200

Check out the quote from Stevens (emphasis mine):

“My experience at Duke has been amazing,” said Stevens. “I would like to thank the staff and the Blue Devil community for all their support over the last two years. At this time, I feel it would be best for my basketball career go in a different direction.”

HGN

Reaction Score
WOW , this is a shocker !! The Dukies have had a number of prominent players leave the program in recent years. Not just bench players , but starters. Something must be wrong when starters start leaving. Only adds to the problem the coaching staff has in trying to build a consistent winner. And I guess having not won a regular ACC league championship , nor ACC tournament championship , nor getting invited to the BIG dance stings. Plus , it doesn't look like the next 2 years would be any better for them.

I wish the players Luck and all the best.

HGN

Reaction Score
WOW , this is a shocker !! The Dukies have had a number of prominent players leave the program in recent years. Not just bench players , but starters. Something must be wrong when starters start leaving. Only adds to the problem the coaching staff has in trying to build a consistent winner. And I guess having not won a regular ACC league championship , nor ACC tournament championship , nor getting invited to the BIG dance stings. Plus , it doesn't look like the next 2 years would be any better for them.

I wish the players Luck and all the best.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Wow - I too took a moment to think 'April Fools?'
I too am not surprised with Salvadores as she has the European option and it makes a lot of sense. But Azura is a huge blow. I would love it if she had interest in Uconn - she is obviously not Breanna, but she has skills that are similar with range to the three and abilities down low as well.

Duke is a great school, and beautiful campus, and a basketball program in disarray - they get great recruits but too many of the best leave, and I have to believe it is because of the coaching.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Holy crap. Is Duke a sinking ship or what. Has there ever been a program that has lost so many elite recruits to transfer?

North Carolina. They lost almost an entire #1 ranked class.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
North Carolina. They lost almost an entire #1 ranked class.

That was what, 5 players? Haven't at least that many transferred from Duke at this point?

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
It's transfer season ladies and gents.... Can't you just smell the indecision and uncertainty in the proverbial WCBB air. It is just getting started... there WILL be more. Breath deep everyone it ain't over just yet.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
That was what, 5 players? Haven't at least that many transferred from Duke at this point?
DeShields
Mavunga
Gray
Washington

Was there a 5th?

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score

Probably right. Aside from Stevens and Salvadores.. Who actually left Duke? I need a refresher...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom