Duke takes a Hit | The Boneyard

Duke takes a Hit

Status
Not open for further replies.

wes33

Revels in Blue Devils
Reaction Score
DURHAM – Duke freshman Amber Henson will miss the remainder of the season as she undergoes knee surgery, school officials announced on Wednesday. Henson, a 6-foot-4 forward, came to the No. 7 Blue Devils as a top 10 recruit, who along with center Elizabeth Williams as part of what many considered the nation's top recruiting class. Henson, whose injury has limited her playing time this season, will have surgery on Friday to stabilize her kneecap. She injured her knee while at Walter L. Sickles High in Tampa, Fla., where she became a McDonald's All-American.

Read more here: http://blogs.newsobserver.com/dukenow/home#storylink=cpy

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
What's Chloe Wells' status? I read she's not playing pending resolution of an academic issue.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
DURHAM – Duke freshman Amber Henson will miss the remainder of the season as she undergoes knee surgery, school officials announced on Wednesday. Henson, a 6-foot-4 forward, came to the No. 7 Blue Devils as a top 10 recruit, who along with center Elizabeth Williams as part of what many considered the nation's top recruiting class. Henson, whose injury has limited her playing time this season, will have surgery on Friday to stabilize her kneecap. She injured her knee while at Walter L. Sickles High in Syracuse, Fla., where she became a McDonald's All-American.

Read more here: http://blogs.newsobserver.com/dukenow/home#storylink=cpy

Thanks for the update... its not even on the goduke site yet. Terrible news..... in hindsight I wished she would have taken a redshirt. A trying season gets even tougher for us. :(

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Amber has only played in 8 games. She most likely will be eligible for a Red Shirt Year.
Sorry to see she'll have to sit out the rest of the year, but she's not a significant loss for Duke this year.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Amber has only played in 8 games. She most likely will be eligible for a Red Shirt Year.
Sorry to see she'll have to sit out the rest of the year, but she's not a significant loss for Duke this year.
i always forget these days what the red shirt rules are. is it 33% of the regular season games or less? still, with her already being injured, it's not like she was contributing much. better to rest her and have her at full strength next year.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

whats the redshirt rule again

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
whats the redshirt rule again

I think to be eligible for a medical redshirt the player can not play in more than 30% of the team's regular season games and the games can not be in the second half of the season.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Whats up with Chloe Wells? Is she out too??

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
violation of university policy? she's not even going to be enrolled at school? that sounds very serious. i wonder what something like that could be.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
violation of university policy? she's not even going to be enrolled at school? that sounds very serious. i wonder what something like that could be.

Thats the surprising part. I was at the game at Wake friday night, and she was on the bench with a notepad taking notes.... and I heard that she was doing the same at the game Sunday vs NCSU.

Wow. What's the story triaddukefan?

Wish I knew.

Reaction Score
Cuts the Duke roster to 10 players. Including 1 player (Frush) who's averaged 3 minutes in a whopping 3 games.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Cuts the Duke roster to 10 players. Including 1 player (Frush) who's averaged 3 minutes in a whopping 3 games.

9 scholarship players, Frush is a freshman walk-on.

wes33

Revels in Blue Devils
Reaction Score
She is # 4 not bad for a walk on.

Reaction Score
I think to be eligible for a medical redshirt the player can not play in more than 30% of the team's regular season games and the games can not be in the second half of the season.

Yes, that is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger