Duke @ Syracuse - 2/15/18 | The Boneyard

Duke @ Syracuse - 2/15/18

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Purdue @ Md on the BIG10 Network, started at 6PM

Alabama at Tennessee on the SEC Network, started at 6:30PM

SC at Georgia, in progress on SEC Network + channel (WatchESPN app)

MSST @ Vanderbilt on the SEC Network, 8:30PM

Last edited:

Centerstream

Reaction Score
At the half, AL 29, TN 25. AL ended the 2nd quarter on a 12-0 run.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Duke's #21 - Faz Davalos has a weird foul shot but it caused 2 lane violations...she was 1-4.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
The Syracuse PG Tiana Mangakahia has taken over the game. 19 pts 11 assists although 7 TO with the game winning 3 pt shot. Exciting player. Duke had like 5 chances to tie the game but blows it. Syracuse wins 68-65.

Edit: Ahh. She is an Aussie by her accent. That explains things. :cool:

Reaction Score
Lots of ranked teams go down tonight: Maryland, Tennessee, Duke, Green Bay. Georgia will also lose at home to South Carolina. Texas A&M in a close game with Florida. WOW!!!!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I knew this game was gonna be a tough one to pull out.... with our lack of guards.. and their mad-bombing / pressing style. Lexie Brown got 2 fouls early... sat down for a chunk of minutes.... went back in and promptly got a 3rd foul trying to draw a charge.... had to sit the rest of the 1st half. Felt comfortable when we went up by 9 in the 4th... but some sloppy turnovers were crucial to letting them get back in the game. Pretty much shuts out any chance of hosting in the NCAAs...... and Duke isnt a good road team so...... Head bang

The masses want a meme!

Well I found something..... but if I posted it, it would get deleted and I would garnish some warning points :oops:

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Well I found something..... but if I posted it, it would get deleted and I would garnish some warning points :oops:

Years ago, back in the Big East days, when there was some bad blood between UConn and the 'Cuse I had several memes, vids etc.. Just found this one....

Reaction Score
Very tough game to watch for more than 10 minutes....Both teams are very undisciplined and lack a true leader. But, #4 for the Orange was the only player who had any guts...........A lot of empty seats in the Dome......Why play any games there?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Pretty much shuts out any chance of hosting in the NCAAs. and Duke isnt a good road team so. Head bang
You never know. There's a lot of wins and losses yet to be had. If Duke can beat Florida State and make a run in the ACC tourney, they'll still be in the running. Pretty much all of the teams from #11 and below have suffered some bad losses. So much so that I think Stanford is likely to be hosting at this point, something that just 3 weeks ago looked very unlikely.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Very tough game to watch for more than 10 minutes....Both teams are very undisciplined and lack a true leader. But, #4 for the Orange was the only player who had any guts......A lot of empty seats in the Dome.Why play any games there?

Mighty harsh words there buddy..... especially talking about student-athletes. Lord knows if someone on another board said that about a UCONN player... there would be a 4-7 page thread about it here on this forum.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
You never know. There's a lot of wins and losses yet to be had. If Duke can beat Florida State and make a run in the ACC tourney, they'll still be in the running. Pretty much all of the teams from #11 and below have suffered some bad losses. So much so that I think Stanford is likely to be hosting at this point, something that just 3 weeks ago looked very unlikely.

Here's what Im thinking........ Duke needs to finish 11-5 in the conference... and hope that Miami loses one of its final.. that will clinch 4th in the ACC and get the double bye. We hold the head to head tiebreaker over State and UVA. The problem arises if there is a 3 or 4 way tie..

Taken from an ACC Blog

III, If three or more teams are tied in the standings, the following procedures will be used:

(a) The combined record of conference games between the tied teams involved will be compiled. Ties will be broken, and seedings assigned, based on the winning percentage of the combined conference records. The higher winning percentage shall prevail, even if the number of games played against the team or group is unequal (i.e., 2-0 is better than 3-1; 1-0 is the same as 2-0; 2-0 is the same as 4-0; 2-1 is the same as 4-2; 1-0 is better than 1-1; 0-1 is the same as 0-2; 0-2 is the same as 0-4).

(b) If procedure (a) fails to break the tie, then each tied team’s record shall be compared to the team occupying the highest position in the final regular-season standings, continuing down through the standings until one team gains an advantage by a higher winning percentage.

(c) If the tie is broken by (a) or (b) regarding one or more teams, but three or more teams remain tied, then procedures (a) and (b) will be reapplied among those tied teams only.

:confused:

Reaction Score
I knew this game was gonna be a tough one to pull out.... with our lack of guards.. and their mad-bombing / pressing style. Lexie Brown got 2 fouls early... sat down for a chunk of minutes.... went back in and promptly got a 3rd foul trying to draw a charge.... had to sit the rest of the 1st half. Felt comfortable when we went up by 9 in the 4th... but some sloppy turnovers were crucial to letting them get back in the game. Pretty much shuts out any chance of hosting in the NCAAs. and Duke isnt a good road team so. Head bang
s

Wow.........you guys certainly had enough chances to tie that game in the last 30 seconds..........how many three point shots did the team get 9-10? If Duke had sank a few more of it's foul shots it might not have been an issue............I wonder if shooting in that dome is just a little more difficult for away teams..............

Plebe

Reaction Score
Here's what Im thinking... Duke needs to finish 11-5 in the conference... and hope that Miami loses one of its final.. that will clinch 4th in the ACC and get the double bye. We hold the head to head tiebreaker over State and UVA. The problem arises if there is a 3 or 4 way tie..

Taken from an ACC Blog

III, If three or more teams are tied in the standings, the following procedures will be used:

(a) The combined record of conference games between the tied teams involved will be compiled. Ties will be broken, and seedings assigned, based on the winning percentage of the combined conference records. The higher winning percentage shall prevail, even if the number of games played against the team or group is unequal (i.e., 2-0 is better than 3-1; 1-0 is the same as 2-0; 2-0 is the same as 4-0; 2-1 is the same as 4-2; 1-0 is better than 1-1; 0-1 is the same as 0-2; 0-2 is the same as 0-4).

(b) If procedure (a) fails to break the tie, then each tied team’s record shall be compared to the team occupying the highest position in the final regular-season standings, continuing down through the standings until one team gains an advantage by a higher winning percentage.

(c) If the tie is broken by (a) or (b) regarding one or more teams, but three or more teams remain tied, then procedures (a) and (b) will be reapplied among those tied teams only.

:confused:
If Duke went 1-0 against both NC State and UVA, then they would win the 3-team tiebreaker as well.

The problem for Duke would be if it ends up tied with Miami, which holds the head-to-head over Duke as well as NC State. The result of Miami @ Virginia will bring some clarity to the logjam there at 4th through 8th.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Very tough game to watch for more than 10 minutes....Both teams are very undisciplined and lack a true leader. But, #4 for the Orange was the only player who had any guts......A lot of empty seats in the Dome.Why play any games there?
Huh? I watched most of the game and actually, I enjoyed it. Q's half time discussion with the announcers was painful but the game itself was a good back a forth game of runs. I enjoy watching Lexi and was worried when she went down with the injury but she came back. I thought that Duke had the game comfortably in the 4th when Q called the time out to stop the run and switched the game off. Apologies to Triad...

Not sure what your referencing or why your referencing the player comment as frankly, it's a DUMB comment. There are plenty of players on the floor with talent who gave pretty good efforts so I am not in agreement.

As the Carrier dome is on campus and their other facility might be too small, I don't know that they have a choice. It is a bit sad when you see so many empty seats though as the energy just dissipates.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Me thinks that UMiami is winning out. UVa is now a dumpster fire and could possibly lose out their three. NC State will lose one to ND but the Dukies also have to play a good FSU team so I am not thinking a tie is in the works. My guess is Miami gets 4th due to the tiebreaker over NC State. Duke comes in 6th. I am rooting for JPM but my money is elsewhere.

Honestly, I just want Duke to blow out UNC which gets us back a better Triad meme and then have Duke get hot in the conference tournament.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Me thinks that UMiami is winning out. UVa is now a dumpster fire and could possibly lose out their three. NC State will lose one to ND but the Dukies also have to play a good FSU team so I am not thinking a tie is in the works. My guess is Miami gets 4th due to the tiebreaker over NC State. Duke comes in 6th. I am rooting for JPM but my money is elsewhere.

Honestly, I just want Duke to blow out UNC which gets us back a better Triad meme and then have Duke get hot in the conference tournament.
UVa is a dumpster fire? Their only losses in conference have been to Duke, Louisville, Florida State, and Notre Dame.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
UVa is a dumpster fire? Their only losses in conference have been to Duke, Louisville, Florida State, and Notre Dame.
As noted, they had a soft schedule of the bottom dwellers early to build their gaudy record, have lost 3 of their last 4 and will lose 2 of the next 3 and possibly all 3 to Miami, Louisville and at Wake...so yes, losing 5/7 or 6/7 would be a "trash burning" to me.

I also think Boyle has drastically under performed in her years there given her salary, expectations and AD budget given to her. In her last 5 years, she's finished 10th, 9th, 9th, 8th and probably 8th again this year.

I am probably a tad harsh though, so I will acquiesce to you on that. Thank you for the dose of water to the face...

By the way VG's back-you don't have to do the Coaching thread anymore! :cool:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom