OT - duke recruiting | The Boneyard

OT - duke recruiting

Reaction Score
I'm sure everyone has seen this by now, but duke now has the consensus top 3 players committed for 2018. R.J. Barrett, cam reddish and now zion williamson. Throw in the lowly #8 (10 on espn) overall player, tre Jones, and they've got likely the best class...ever

Funny to think not that long ago we had a pretty decent shot at reeling in reddish

Rich get richer...blah blah blah

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
I remember the good ole days arguing with punks from Duke on how UConn was just as good (and in some aspects a better program) than the one in Durham....wouldn't dare do that these days.

Not sure I would even argue with a Boston College fan right now. It's humbling when you've got to mentally prepare yourself for the next shellacking vs the ponies of SMU.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I remember the good ole days arguing with punks from Duke on how UConn was just as good (and in some aspects a better program) than the one in Durham....wouldn't dare do that these days.

Not sure I would even argue with a Boston College fan right now. It's humbling when you've got to mentally prepare yourself for the next shellacking vs the ponies of SMU.

Don’t worry, I’m sure John Becker will have us back there in no time.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
As I mentioned elsewhere, Duke has gotten great talent for decades, but it has gone into overdrive ever since Capel got there.

And why is that, I wonder.

Reaction Score
Well I won’t say Capel is dirty, but OU did lose a season’s worth of wins for recruiting shenanigans during the Capel era.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It’s an astounding recruiting class.

I’m curious to see how it works out - there are four players who no doubt think they’re one and dones and the game is still played with just one basketball.

Reaction Score
Don’t worry, I’m sure John Becker will have us back there in no time.
hey man. he hasn't won less than 20 games since he's been at Vermont. Has NCAA tournament experience. Won the AEC twice. Not saying he'd be the savior but I bet the product on the court would be better with him at the helm

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
hey man. he hasn't won less than 20 games since he's been at Vermont. Has NCAA tournament experience. Won the AEC twice. Not saying he'd be the savior but I bet the product on the court would be better with him at the helm
He’ll only be 50 in April and is from CT. Giddy up.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Duke getting Zion Williamson does not mean winning NCAA title as simple as 1-2-3

Villanova w/Brunson assuming he returns will be the team to beat next year. NOT Duke. Next year is setting up to possibly be the best team ever at Nova.
Yeah, sure looks like it'll be Villanova & UNC next year.

I expect all those Tar Heels freshmen (especially the bigs) to make a huge leap next year, and I think Felton will be an upgrade on Berry. They'll basically be able to trot out four 40% or better 3-point shooters (Felton, Williams, Johnson, Maye) and a rim protector/rebounder in the starting lineup, and then bring more shooters and rebounders off the bench as well as a top-10 recruit in Little.

FWIW I'd worry about 'Nova defensively and on the boards if Bridges declares.

Reaction Score
I'm sure everyone has seen this by now, but duke now has the consensus top 3 players committed for 2018. R.J. Barrett, cam reddish and now zion williamson. Throw in the lowly #8 (10 on espn) overall player, tre Jones, and they've got likely the best class...ever

Funny to think not that long ago we had a pretty decent shot at reeling in reddish

Rich get richer...blah blah blah
If we got the #8 player how long would the party go on?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

I expect all those Tar Heels freshmen (especially the bigs) to make a huge leap next year, and I think Felton will be an upgrade on Berry. They'll basically be able to trot out four 40% or better 3-point shooters (Felton, Williams, Johnson, Maye) and a rim protector/rebounder in the starting lineup, and then bring more shooters and rebounders off the bench as well as a top-10 recruit in Little.

Yeah but what happens when UNC gets banned for its two decades of blatant, unconscionable cheating?

Oh wait.

Reaction Score

It will also be interesting to see how the Auburn roster shakes out next year. Assuming suspended players return/no one leaves and the program miraculously escapes any post season bans that roster is LOADED. I could see that group next year steam rolling their way to Minneapolis. With Wiley and Purifoy.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
FBI will take care of this in due time. Follow the money

Exactly.

Bowen was like what, #12 and he got 100k.

You think Duke and Kentucky aren't cheating?

At least with Kentucky I understand how they're not getting caught. Duke....they're just really good at hiding it apparently.

Reaction Score
FBI will take care of this in due time. Follow the money
Screen Shot 2018-01-21 at 6.13.39 PM.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul