Duke Pushing For Top Class | The Boneyard

Duke Pushing For Top Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Duke went from no guards to 5 in one class.

JPM needs to learn to recruit balance. At this rate in a few years she will have all guards and no posts.

Reaction Score
Yes indeed -- pushes them ever-so-slightly ahead of L'ville.

1) Duke 2573
2) Louisville 2513
3) UConn 2095
4) NDame 1989
5) Kentucky 1712

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
How many of them will leave with no comment from their coach? How many will put in four years and not be recognized at Senior Night with no comment from their coach. Duke recruits and the Tweeter Xtraordinar' does what she will with them.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Wow... Wing overload in 2015-2016

Problem is they still have Coach P. :rolleyes:

pandasad.gif

I've seen her play. She is a combo guard.

Is she any good ?

Reaction Score

JPM needs to learn to recruit balance. At this rate in a few years she will have all guards and no posts.

I can't see UConn fans being in a position to be particularly critical of this at the current juncture.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Actually, we are pretty stacked in the post department for the next few years..... This will put us at a 14 players for next season.... 13 if Henson decides to graduate. If Henson stays.... we will have 3 junior Posts.... and 2 sophomore Posts..... plus a 6'5 Stevens who could play the PF spot as well.

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
rocky rococo said:
I can't see UConn fans being in a position to be particularly critical of this at the current juncture.

It's a running joke with our Duke friends ;-)

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
triaddukefan said:
Wow... Wing overload in 2015-2016 Is she any good ?

Yes. Saw in Chicago last year when she was on UCONNs radar. Very hard nose player. Good handle. Plays within herself. Didn't force anything. Nice shot from perimeter. My only thought is she isn't 6'0.

Reaction Score

Guards, shmards. Give jpm a Cameron full of 'em. Won't matter. UConn has THE best, THE purest pg in the nation and Mini-Mo 2 on the way from Tennessee.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
How many of them will leave with no comment from their coach? How many will put in four years and not be recognized at Senior Night with no comment from their coach.

Hopefully zero

Duke recruits and the Tweeter Xtraordinar' does what she will with them.

If Duke recruits itself...... how does that explain all the recent uptick in recruiting ? Alot of people say that.... but if thats the case... Duke should have had great recruits in the 70s, 80s, and 90s. Its not like Duke just became a quality institution in the past 15 years or so.... Of course Duke has had some great recruits in Coach G's tenure... ...... but nothing like the current 5 year streak of top 5-10 classes

Reaction Score
I don't think it matters if Duke has the top class. They had the top class before and couldn't even make a Final four.

Reaction Score
Hopefully zero

If Duke recruits itself. how does that explain all the recent uptick in recruiting ? Alot of people say that.... but if thats the case... Duke should have had great recruits in the 70s, 80s, and 90s. Its not like Duke just became a quality institution in the past 15 years or so.... Of course Duke has had some great recruits in Coach G's tenure... . but nothing like the current 5 year streak of top 5-10 classes

I think the answer is quite simple- yes, the U is doing it. I am sure that she has gotten a ton of money and the green light to bring in players that previous coaches got the usual emphatic, "No ..." Add to this the growth of the ACC and the need to hold fast to being the top dog. The real question however is this: if ND and LV go to the finals (in each or one) the next 2 years and Duke is eliminated on its way, then .....? How does she rationalize the returns? I don't see the Dukies willing to play second fiddle to ND and LV- even NC now that the latter is licking its wound. Just speculations on my part. The again we cannot rule out the fact that telling a group of young girls (individually) that they are the key to dominance (plus a sellable degree and great buildings to look at) isn't enoug to reel them in. Not too many programs at that level can these days: Uconn, ND, etc cannot do that-- all know they will be a little piece of the big puzzle. Those holding out to be the last piece or has Reggie said about the Yankees- the straw that stirs the drink, will probably head elsewhere then Uconn, ND, etc.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Actually, we are pretty stacked in the post department for the next few years..... This will put us at a 14 players for next season.... 13 if Henson decides to graduate. If Henson stays.... we will have 3 junior Posts.... and 2 sophomore Posts..... plus a 6'5 Stevens who could play the PF spot as well.
Yeah, but Duke is desperately in need of attending "Wing Night. "

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
For many reasons coaches recruit differently. Geno seems to recruit players by spacing them to replace players who are getting ready to graduate. This usually happens when players are entering their junior year he brings in a freshman class that can grow with the team and by their soph or junior year theyre ready to step into the linup. I do admit he caught a break when Butler came then again he may have heard she was interested in coming to UConn and thus the reason why some other bigs went elsewhere. I would think the same thing may have happened when Kia Nurse verballed Asia Durr wasn't happy and went elsewhere. This happens at some schools. Duke appears to be a school where this doesn't happen. I would think academics have something to do with it. Congrats to Duke on having the number 1 class. They lost a lot last season.

wes33

Revels in Blue Devils
Reaction Score
I don't think it matters if Duke has the top class. They had the top class before and couldn't even make a Final four.

As a forever Duke fan I would love to see our offense get a complete overhaul but less
don't forget coach P has been to the final four with virtually no highly recruited players.
She needs to keep recruiting speed play a little less golf and tennis / then coach um up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom