Reaction Score
More of the disruptions we fear.

1608202471583.png

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
More of the disruptions we fear.

View attachment 62573

It can happen to any team at any time. We don’t hear about the details, but Geno has the team wrapped up as tight as he can with respect to limiting the contact they have with anyone outside of their teammates. We can’t afford another quarantine. We’re already behind as it is.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
It is worth noting that on the men’s side at Duke, Coach K has been outspoken about his belief that college basketball should not be played right now, and should in fact be postponed until some time in the spring semester at the earliest.

In support of his position, Duke has cancelled 3 OOC games over the break, and Coach K is giving his team a 2-week break over the holidays to be home with their families.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It is worth noting that on the men’s side at Duke, Coach K has been outspoken about his belief that college basketball should not be played right now, and should in fact be postponed until some time in the spring semester at the earliest.
Of course, it is also worth noting that the Duke men’s team was 2-2 when he said that…

Reaction Score
The positive- at long last- is that the vaccine should be available to a lot of people in March and April. So if WCBB and other sports have to be postponed, we see the light...

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

In support of his position, Duke has cancelled 3 OOC games over the break, and Coach K is giving his team a 2-week break over the holidays to be home with their families.
Love Coach K and his program but cancelling games against Elon and Gardner-Webb doesn't add much credibility to his position. A better statement would have been to cancel the ACC game against ND last night.

Reaction Score

I'm sure that has nothing to do with the fact that Duke is 3-2 right now, in danger of falling out of the Top 25, and has been a disappointment so far this season.

CL82

Reaction Score
It was Coach K’s position to postpone the season before Duke ever played a game, so that dog won’t hunt.
Oh... that dog hunts. It not only hunts, it comes back with a 12 point buck in the bed of its F-350.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I'm sure that has nothing to do with the fact that Duke is 3-2 right now, in danger of falling out of the Top 25, and has been a disappointment so far this season.
As I pointed out earlier, this has been Coach K’s position before the season ever started.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Love Coach K and his program but cancelling games against Elon and Gardner-Webb doesn't add much credibility to his position. A better statement would have been to cancel the ACC game against ND last night.
Point taken, although I’m sure that Coach K would suggest that at this point he is committed to completing the ACC schedule.

Yes, I agree there’s an element of hypocrisy in that position.

Reaction Score
As I pointed out earlier, this has been Coach K’s position before the season ever started.

He knew what he had coming back, I guarantee if Duke was pre-season #1 and he had a stacked roster he would have changed his tune. Coach K is right up there with Calipari for being one of the biggest hypocrites in college basketball.

CL82

Reaction Score
But was that because he knew he was going to go 2-2?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
He knew what he had coming back, I guarantee if Duke was pre-season #1 and he had a stacked roster he would have changed his tune. Coach K is right up there with Calipari for being one of the biggest hypocrites in college basketball.
But was that because he knew he was going to go 2-2?
OK guys. I’m not here to sing Coach K’s praises. I’m simply pointing out that he’s saying the same thing today that he was saying before the season. I’ll leave it to you to speculate about his motivation.

Reaction Score
And K has enough power at Duke and around CBB that he could have opted out because of Covid and no one would have questioned it. To deflect attention off a double digit home loss by talking about Covid in the post game presser is typical of him. Full disclosure, not remotely a fan of his (as anyone could probably tell). Candid take on the K press conference by Coach Oates of Alabama for anyone interested.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom