Duke @ North Carolina St (10) - 2/24/20 | The Boneyard

Duke @ North Carolina St (10) - 2/24/20

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Raleigh, NC - 7:00 PM ET
TV: ESPN2 (Beth Mowins, Debbie Antonelli)

Video stream:

Audio:

Live stats:

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
It's Wolfpack, not Wolf Pack. Nevada-Reno is the Wolf Pack; NC State is the Wolfpack (actually, the official name of the team is Wolfpack Women).

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Saw on twitter that Duke had their shoot around earlier.... I wonder if they get back on the bus and go back to Durham... or just stay in Raleigh until game time.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Saw on twitter that Duke had their shoot around earlier.... I wonder if they get back on the bus and go back to Durham... or just stay in Raleigh until game time.

That's just weird that's even a possibility. The Triangle is a trip with so many schools so close together.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
That's just weird that's even a possibility. The Triangle is a trip with so many schools so close together.

Not WCBB related....... but despite being 30 minutes from each other... State and Duke havent played in football since 2013. Since 2003..... the schools played each other in 2008 in raleigh, 2009 in Durham, and 2013 in Durham. We do play in October in Raleigh.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Not WCBB related....... but despite being 30 minutes from each other... State and Duke havent played in football since 2013. Since 2003..... the schools played each other in 2008 in raleigh, 2009 in Durham, and 2013 in Durham. We do play in October in Raleigh.

Don't get me started on this. Duke and State should play EVERY year, even if one of those is a non-conference game. UNC and Wake Forest played a non-conference game during the 2019 football season...no reason why Duke and State can't do the same thing. TPTB say scheduling is difficult but that's a crock of hooey; I'd rather play Duke than some of the crappy non-conference games Dave Doeren arranges on an annual basis.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Is there any more appropriate pregame meal for this Tobacco Road Rivalry than a Chopped BBQ Sandwich from Stamey's... along with a Carolina Style Hot dog.... washed down with a Cheerwine :cool:

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Is there any more appropriate pregame meal for this Tobacco Road Rivalry than a Chopped BBQ Sandwich from Stamey's... along with a Carolina Style Hot dog.... washed down with a Cheerwine :cool:

Only if it came from Parker's...or King's Restaurant (in Kinston).

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Don't get me started on this. Duke and State should play EVERY year, even if one of those is a non-conference game. UNC and Wake Forest played a non-conference game during the 2019 football season...no reason why Duke and State can't do the same thing. TPTB say scheduling is difficult but that's a crock of hooey; I'd rather play Duke than some of the crappy non-conference games Dave Doeren arranges on an annual basis.
"It's the money, Stupid" is the answer that you already know. Bring in Cupcake U for a home game, build the resume of >.500 to get a bowl bid...alternating home games with a rival doesn't help that...

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Not sure who I am to root for tonight...I like Wes and the NC State team, despite being a tad overrated, I like Triad and this group of Duke players, but JPM, not so much...what to do, what to do... :confused:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I'd feel much better about this game if it wasnt the Yow game for State. They always come out extra inspired for this game... especially wearing those special jerseys. The crowd will be extra fired up as well.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Oh great. Sounds like the audio is coming from one of those old 78s on a gramophone.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
4:07 left 1st quarter...Duke leads 7-4. NC State to the line when play resumes.

Neither team shooting well. Duke started off hot but is now 3 of 10 from the field; NC State is 1 of 6.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Please just have a good offensive game by both teams and not a 54-52 dredge of a game...

I hate to say this, but I kinda like Wes' jacket there, wonder where you order that from...

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
End of 1st quarter...14-14 game. NC State ended the quarter on a 5-0 run.

Duke shot 37.5% from the field on 6 of 16 from the field; NC State shot 40% on 4 of 10. Both teams hit two THREEs.

Duke leads in rebounds, 8-7.

Leading scorers: Leaonna Odom with 4 points for Duke; Elissa Cunane has 7 points for the Wolfpack Women.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Duke sprints out to an 11-2 run in the 2nd quarter, prompting an NC State timeout. 6:30 left 2nd quarter, Duke now leads 25-16.

Reaction Score
How many players in the ACC are more talented than Duke's Odom? She has tools that few players have. It has been that way since AAU basketball for her. I saw her outplay some of the nation's top players when she played for Cal Storm Team Taurasi in the EYBL. She shoots at a very high percentage (55% this season) and can elevate on her jumper over quality athletes.

What keeps her from being even better? Is it an effort issue? Does she pick her spots as to when to assert herself?

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
How many players in the ACC are more talented than Duke's Odom? She has tools that few players have. It has been that way since AAU basketball for her. I saw her outplay some of the nation's top players when she played for Cal Storm Team Taurasi in the EYBL. She shoots at a very high percentage (55% this season) and can elevate on her jumper over quality athletes.

What keeps her from being even better? Is it an effort issue? Does she pick her spots as to when to assert herself?
J....P....M....

Last edited:

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Halftime: Duke leads 31-30. NC State finished the quarter on a 14-4 run. This game has been full of runs; Duke a 7-0 run, followed by a 6-0 run for NC State, then a 9-0 run for Duke...and NC State finishing on a 14-4 run to end the first half.

Duke shot 43.8% from the field on 14 of 32 from the field, was 3 of 9 from THREE and did not go to the FT line. NC State heated up late in the half, shooting 43.5% from the field on 10 of 23 from the field, 4 of 12 from THREE and was 6 of 7 from the FT line.

Haley Gorecki was Duke's leading scorer, with 8 points. Onoma Akinbode-James added 7 and Leaonna Odom 6 points.

NC State was led by Elissa Cunane with 9 points, Kayla Jones added 7 and Ace Konig 5 points.

Duke outrebounded NC State 17-14. Akinbode-James, Odom and Kyra Lambert each grabbed 4 boards for Duke. Elissa Cunane grabbed 5 boards for NC State.

Duke had 5 turnovers; NC State 7. Duke scored 11 points off NC State turnovers...NC State scored 2 points off Duke turnovers.

Duke led in points in the paint, 16-10, and in second-chance points, 8-0.

Duke racked up 8 personal fouls, with 2 fouls on Akinbode-James and Odom for Duke. NC State was whistled for two fouls.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

None. It has to do with an inconsistent motor... plus she's naturally laid back and doesn't usually force the issue. If she had Gorecki's motor... she'd be a top 5 pick in the WNBA draft. She has definitely picked up her play in the past month or so..... being more vocal & animated on the court. @CamrnCrz1974

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
So, does this game help propel a front-runner for the ACC POY? Cunnane vs. Gorecki (the 3rd candidate is Evans) so if one can exert their presence more in the second half to will their team to victory...?.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom