Duke lost to NC State | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Duke lost to NC State

Reaction Score
Not sure Duke fans are familiar with the concept of house money. They think the Final Four is their birth right
maybe....but there is also a realization that the model that worked for about a decade of loading up on undeveloped 5 star recruits and out-talenting teams compensating for a lack of maturity, physicality, and cohesion is over. This is an issue when the current coach has not demonstrated an ability to develop anybody (given, n=1) and is depending on a crop of 5 star recruits.

Last year was an underperformance based on what they had coming back and were expected to do. Nobody was expecting an elite 8 run, and there is a lot of fear that there will be more of the same this year. Of course there is the added salt that Uconn, whom is long hated there, has now far surpassed them, and is winning in the exact way that Duke fans believe duke should be (keeping players around, playing hard nose ball, and developing)...rather than having 7 players transfer.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Is this what lives in your brain rent free?
A conversation about Dook and NC State
Slow news day in CT.

Reaction Score
Hmmm . . . . . . . . so this is what blue blood fans talk about. Now I know.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Just randomly thought of this. Can you imagine a worse ending for a season? I think it's worse than Coach K ending his career with a loss to UNC.

Duke hardly even thinks of NC State as a rival. It'd be like us having championship aspirations and losing to Providence in the Elite Eight. I'd die of embarrassment.
If this happened to UNC, and not Duke, it would have the reaction you're thinking of.

Duke "fans" are much more spread out. Unless everyone moves from Raleigh to Saddle River, NJ - it's not that big a deal.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
Crazy how many of yall allow Duke to live rent free in your heads.

Do you think they would just have a random offseason post about who beat us?

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score

Writing a post about something does not equal living rent-free in your head. People on here are so weird.

And yes, if we had a humiliating end to our season I could absolutely see other teams' boards randomly posting to relive it.

Reaction Score
Writing a post about something does not equal living rent-free in your head. People on here are so weird.

And yes, if we had a humiliating end to our season I could absolutely see other teams' boards randomly posting to relive it.
i can say conclusively this board thinks about duke far more than duke boards think about uconn. It's pretty embarrassing. JFC....we're back to back and we try to hang our hat on how duke lost? yeesh.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
i can say conclusively this board thinks about duke far more than duke boards think about uconn.
I can say conclusively that Duke thinks about UConn much more than guys like you are willing to admit. Even JJ Reddick curses when good things happen to UConn.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
i can say conclusively this board thinks about duke far more than duke boards think about uconn. It's pretty embarrassing. JFC....we're back to back and we try to hang our hat on how duke lost? yeesh.
I can say conclusively I hang my hat on how good UConn is, but can also take five seconds to retroactively laugh at Duke. If that's embarrassing then, well, OK

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
OK but no Duke fan is going to call this past year their Dream Season
When everything is said and done, this may have been Scheyer’s best season lol (we can only hope…)

Reaction Score
When everything is said and done, this may have been Scheyer’s best season lol (we can only hope…)
i'd be shocked if they weren't better this year overall. That doesn't mean they'll make it to the elite 8 again....since they likely won't get to play an undermanned and injured team again....

Reaction Score

Not a good look and pretty pathetic.

Reaction Score
I have no problem talking Dook this off season from our lofty perch. I’m enjoying every minute of it. It will be even better if they flame out and we exceed expectations next year. Ride the wave boys- enjoy. Good times.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom