Duke gets a 2014 pickup | The Boneyard

Duke gets a 2014 pickup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
@ASGR1995: ASGR # 25 Azura Stevens 6-4 F 2014 from Cary HS NC is going ACC. Stevens has verbally committed to the Duke Blue Devils.

wes33

Revels in Blue Devils
Reaction Score
What does this make 7 in the 6.3 to 6.5 range when she arrives?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
What does this make 7 in the 6.3 to 6.5 range when she arrives?

Doing some quick research.... found this

http://www.bluestarmedia.org/index.php/component/k2/item/228-boo-williams-fresh-facess on the blue star site

"Garner Flames 2014 Center Azura Stevens (Cary, N.C.) will initially grab your attention in the layup line because she’s a legitimate 6-5, but once the game starts she’ll keep your attention with her basketball skills. Stevens has solid footwork and balance around the basket and she can run the floor like a guard. She seemed very comfortable both taking perimeter shots within the flow of the offense and handling the ball in the open court. Stevens looks like she’s on her way to a breakout club season and we should expect her name to be mentioned among the top posts in next year’s junior class"

Seems to be a different type of player than the other F/C's that will be on the roster.

Its extremely rare to have an actual player from North Carolina on the roster. I can recall two scholarship players in the past 15 years. Conversely there will 4 four Cali players on the roster next season.

Reaction Score
Notre Dame has proven that WCBB is played from the outside in and guards are what makes a team not bigs.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Notre Dame has proven that WCBB is played from the outside in and guards are what makes a team not bigs.

And how many titles have they won with those guards ?:rolleyes:

Reaction Score

only if you have an All American PG, they just signed 3 bigs for next year

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
only if you have an All American PG, they just signed 3 bigs for next year
Notre Dame will be very tough next year. McBride and Loyd at guards with Achonwa other back and the new bigs. ND is not going away.

Reaction Score
What a great world we live in.... I find out about a new Duke recruit on a UCONN board :p

Haha, no joke! I work for the school system this young lady plays for and yet didn't even hear about this but on the UConn board, ha! Sad to say, but Duke & UNC are going to need all the mega recruits we can get with Notre Dame coming onboard next season. Next years, ACC Tournament should be interesting. I hope I can get the same seats I had this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom