Duke Falls to Doormat BC | The Boneyard

Duke Falls to Doormat BC

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
35-30 [at thread inception] ... other things threatening tonight too. Don't see this on my telly though.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I can't believe Duke didn't pull that one out. Good grief, triad, that would be like UCONN losing to SMU... Yikes! #lessonslearned...

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I can't believe Duke didn't pull that one out. Good grief, triad, that would be like UCONN losing to SMU... Yikes! #lessonslearned...

Naw..... BC isnt SMU bad......:rolleyes:

but its still an unacceptable loss :oops: If Duke doesnt upset UNC sunday........ they will fall out of the top 25 for the first time since 1997 or so.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
#lessonslearned... apparently not enough. Bet Coach P throws them under a double-decker tonight. Video too choppy for me to watch. Anyone have any insights into the game?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Naw..... BC isnt SMU bad.:rolleyes:

but its still an unacceptable loss :oops: If Duke doesnt upset UNC sunday... they will fall out of the top 25 for the first time since 1997 or so.
Maybe not SMU bad but BCU is 9-10 and now 1-5 in the ACC. They lost to Maine and Holy Cross (almost by 20 in that game).

Ok I'll amend. It would be like UCONN losing to Tulsa or Memphis...

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
#lessonslearned... apparently not enough. Bet Coach P throws them under a double-decker tonight. Video too choppy for me to watch. Anyone have any insights into the game?

Zone defense by Duke..... Coach P is too stubborn with that darn zone defense. You have a bunch of shot blockers on your team....... why not play them straight man to man..... and if they manage to drive by you....... you have EW, Cooper... or Henson waiting to block/disrupt the shots in the lane. BC hit 13 3pters........

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Reported on Duke board the Coach P's first salvo was to say early in the game her team decided to disrespect BC. Guess she just admitted to being unable to coach in game and control her team.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
More like UConn losing at Tulane if you go by point prediction since Duke was about a 17 point favorite, but yeah BC is at around Tulsa's level, and Duke will be lucky to stay in the polls after this mess.

Do players just get together before a game and vote on a decision to disrespect the opponent? Not sure how that works. "It's just the Eagles. Let's give them the cold shoulder and pretend they're not there."

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
This may be a dumb question , but who doesn't listen to their coach? Or for that matter why wouldn't you? If even the coach is not making the best decision a team should work together. I just don't get that. Both JPM and Warlick have made those comments.

I'm not saying making a play that may or maybe not what the coach drew up, but to just decide as a group on the floor to do what you want?? Don't get it.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Reported on Duke board the Coach P's first salvo was to say early in the game her team decided to disrespect BC. Guess she just admitted to being unable to coach in game and control her team.
It must be the air in New England. Don't look for Duke to schedule any games at Yale or Harvard in the future.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Just noticed Duke scored 56 points in the game and 3 players combined for 54 of those points. Was this a 3 on 3 game?

Reaction Score

I just listened to the Duke postgame press conf on the Duke website (a very short press conference w/o many questions) and I did not think she said anything bad to put down her team and gave a lot of credit to BC. She seems more subdued than normal. When Duke drops out of the top 20's, UConn's schedule now looks kind of weak.

Reaction Score
Duke sort of reminds me of Tenn in the sense that they get some wonderful recruits..... and cannot seem to do much with them..... losing to BC is embarrassing

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
wow eagle.gif

Perfect gif for this loss :oops:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Here's a link to the post game press conference video.

JPM starts out saying it was a poor performance especially on leadership and defense. I stopped listening after a short while but it seemed like more of the same, calling opponents by number and talking about lessons.

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I just listened to the Duke postgame press conf on the Duke website (a very short press conference w/o many questions) and I did not think she said anything bad to put down her team and gave a lot of credit to BC. She seems more subdued than normal. When Duke drops out of the top 20's, UConn's schedule now looks kind of weak.

Short! 2.54 minutes? Edited down maybe. Yeah, that 22 and 11 really had our number. 11 hit her 3s from unusual spots. How do you let a rookie post beat a 3 time All American? ;) Some on Duke Board posit that the team's spirit is deflated and they aren't listening to Coach P anymore.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
If I was a Duke fan, convinced that Coach P is a cancer on their program, I'd be rooting for a couple of high profile recruit decommitts to drive it home to the Admin. 'Course, those same fans would probably tell you the kids go to Duke for the education, so ....

HGN

Reaction Score
Please dont watch ;)
Triad , I can't blame you for hiding your face. But its the Duke team that should be hiding their collective faces. The team is clearly underperforming. They are an up and down team. Catch them on an Up night and they can play with anybody. But catch them on a Down night , which happens too often , and they can be beaten by the worse team in the conference......But as a fan you are married to them for better or worse. Or worse . Or worse. Or worse.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
More like UConn losing at Tulane if you go by point prediction since Duke was about a 17 point favorite, but yeah BC is at around Tulsa's level, and Duke will be lucky to stay in the polls after this mess.

Do players just get together before a game and vote on a decision to disrespect the opponent? Not sure how that works. "It's just the Eagles. Let's give them the cold shoulder and pretend they're not there."
I think I read while the BC players were introduced, the Duke players had newspapers in front of their faces. :D

Reaction Score
I remember BC used to give uconn a fit from time
to time when they were still in the BE. They sort of just went to the bottom of the food chain once they joined ACC

Reaction Score
. The team is clearly underperforming..

Are they?
When Alexis jones transferred, they were a team with no guards and I think most people expected them to struggle this year, particularly against a brutal schedule. I actually was impressed with how they had held up before yesterday's game. This is a team that really should've beaten the #1 team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom