Duke Baylor Gonzaga | The Boneyard

Duke Baylor Gonzaga

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I would like to hear the excuses today on how we give these teams a close competitive game. When we can’t even guard MD eastern shore playing basic 5 out? We are a good team, that is offensively challenged and questionably coached. The facts will set you free.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Gonzaga beat (1-6) Tarleton State by 9 in their last game. Sometimes I don't believe these posts are real. They have to be shtick. People can't be this f _____ stupid.

Lol, sure thing Ern. We'd be competitive with these 3. It's one thing to keep a game close it's a completely different thing to watch the game and realize our guards aren't quick enough to guard them. Good teams have bad games, but it's not hard to point out our weak points and where we need to be better. It's hard of being a fan.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Baylor beat VCU by 8, we beat them by 7 (after two harder-fought games than Baylor had).

Bad games happen. It’s not a bunch of robots out there playing, it’s a bunch of 18-22 year olds.

Should have beat them by a lot more. Watch the tape, learn, and leave the game in the rear view.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure why but I feel that they would've won by 30 if this game was before Atlantis. That was the strangest tourney I've witnessed in a while. This team has the Atlantis crud still on them.

Reaction Score
Gonzaga beat (1-6) Tarleton State by 9 in their last game. Sometimes I don't believe these posts are real. They have to be shtick. People can't be this f _____ stupid.
The idea that we don't belong on the court with any of the top teams and would get demolished is one of the dumber storylines in a while. You just have to look at the posters.

Reaction Score
We would probably be in trouble against those teams and even though we are ranked as high as 15 now the expectation is that we are what the ranking says we are. And the thinking is we move that up all season and get in position for a national championship run? A huge test is at West Virginia and without Martin and maybe Sanogo I'm more than concerned. We shouldn't get to amped over those ranking numbers.

Reaction Score
Lol, sure thing Ern. We'd be competitive with these 3. It's one thing to keep a game close it's a completely different thing to watch the game and realize our guards aren't quick enough to guard them. Good teams have bad games, but it's not hard to point out our weak points and where we need to be better. It's hard of being a fan.

Honestly it's like you've never watched sports, or you're so completely wrapped up in simulations that you don't realize that a team that just came off a couple high leverage games might be less amped up to play Maryland Eastern Shore, just like Gonzaga was less amped up to play Tarleton State.

So what do the analytics tell you was Gonzaga's fundamental flaw that mightly 1-6 Tarleton State exposed?

Reaction Score
This team is who the reasonable fans thought they were: offensively challenged (and so prone to offensive droughts) and very good defensively though mostly on the interior...Cole's footspeed means good guards are going to drive past him.

Throw in Purdue and we'd be underdogs to those schools all by 10 or so. Nothing in this game changed that for me.

Reaction Score
This team is who the reasonable fans thought they were: offensively challenged (and so prone to offensive droughts) and very good defensively though mostly on the interior...Cole's footspeed means good guards are going to drive past him.

Throw in Purdue and we'd be underdogs to those schools all by 10 or so. Nothing in this game changed that for me.
What games are you watching? Cole is a very good defender.

Reaction Score
To be fair here, Tarleton State, while 1-6, would be favored by 20 points according to KenPom over UMES, and Tarleton State has played a gauntlet—in addition to Gonzaga, they've played Michigan, Kansas, Stanford and Wichita State. UMES, uh, has not.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
I would like to hear the excuses today on how we give these teams a close competitive game. When we can’t even guard MD eastern shore playing basic 5 out? We are a good team, that is offensively challenged and questionably coached. The facts will set you free.
We absolutely can bore them to death. And the POW!!! A Polley trey for the win.

Reaction Score
Honestly it's like you've never watched sports, or you're so completely wrapped up in simulations that you don't realize that a team that just came off a couple high leverage games might be less amped up to play Maryland Eastern Shore, just like Gonzaga was less amped up to play Tarleton State.

So what do the analytics tell you was Gonzaga's fundamental flaw that mightly 1-6 Tarleton State exposed?

You're big on exclamations, but short on insight. Tell us your thoughts on UConn's PG situation.

Reaction Score
You're big on exclamations, but short on insight. Tell us your thoughts on UConn's PG situation.

I've never seen your name before tonight in the chat so I can't say what you're big on.

But my thoughts on our PG situation are that it's fine, it's not the weakness of this team by a long shot, and anyone saying that this team is not getting past the first weekend in March because of RJ Cole is just being silly.

So how about you, "Enoch Root," what sort of insight do you have to offer besides throwing a temper tantrum that they didn't beat a team you'd never heard of until this week by enough?

Reaction Score
To be fair here, Tarleton State, while 1-6, would be favored by 20 points according to KenPom over UMES, and Tarleton State has played a gauntlet—in addition to Gonzaga, they've played Michigan, Kansas, Stanford and Wichita State. UMES, uh, has not.

I like your posts generally but I actually can't believe you're making this argument. So are you as panicked as polycom right now?

I don't know, maybe I'm the one taking crazy pills, but it would seem to me that if a team beats Auburn, beats VCU by the same margin as the Baylor team everyone here genuflects in front of, and then gives away a game to Michigan State in which they were clearly the better team, maybe it's not the best analysis to say their true self is the team that sleepwalks through their next game against some directional school that they probably though they could beat wearing crocs.

But that's just me. I'm sure you guys are right.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I like your posts generally but I actually can't believe you're making this argument. So are you as panicked as polycom right now?

I don't know, maybe I'm the one taking crazy pills, but it would seem to me that if a team beats Auburn, beats VCU by the same margin as the Baylor team everyone here genuflects in front of, and then gives away a game to Michigan State in which they were clearly the better team, maybe it's not the best analysis to say their true self is the team that sleepwalks through their next game against some directional school that they probably though they could beat wearing crocs.

But that's just me. I'm sure you guys are right.
You are probably right not to jump ship on this team yet. But what will the excuse be if we dont come close to covering against Grambling? I think a lot of us see glaring offensive holes, with no answers.

Reaction Score

Listen to Hurley's press conference on Cole's defense. He's been a very good defender since he got here and he's carrying the entire load as point guard on both ends of the floor while being our best perimeter defender...

Watch "Dan Hurley: UConn Men's Basketball Postgame Press Conference (MD Eastern Shore) - 11/30/21" on YouTube

Reaction Score
duke looking pretty average down the stretch against ohio state. reality is that there is parity in college basketball this year, and has been for years -- any team can lose or win on any given night. if you don't think the huskies have a chance to keep it close against one of these teams you are delusional.

Reaction Score
You are probably right not to jump ship on this team yet. But what will the excuse be if we dont come close to covering against Grambling? I think a lot of us see glaring offensive holes, with no answers.

I appreciate that I'm "probably" right not to jump ship on the 17th ranked team in the country in November. Thanks.

I honestly can't remember what this board was like when the team was under .500 in March. Could it have been worse? Hard to imagine.

Reaction Score
So Tyrese is probably going to be out a month. He played those games in the Bahamas with an avulsion fracture in his wrist. That Auburn dogfight wiped us out pretty good. We really need to start using our depth now, guys need to be given the chance to step up and they need to step up when called upon.

Reaction Score
Duke just lost to unranked Ohio State. Add a name to the list of teams we can’t stay within 20 of I guess. Rough night.
No matter what you say some here are determined to prove we suck. I don’t get it

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom