Duke almost beats aTm | The Boneyard

Duke almost beats aTm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Using its impressive stable of high school AA players, Buchanan Duke University went toe to toe with aTm tying the game 63-63 at the end of regulation. It ran of gas during OT and lost the game 72-66. Needless to add that it was a home game.

Disclosure: I believe aTm was first used by EricSandiego.

Last edited:

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Oi... ay yi yi. What a start to the WCBB season.

Reaction Score
Seemed like A&M was bigger (or at least stronger), more physical. I was surprised Duke caught up at the end of regulation, as A&M had been able to hold a lead pretty much the whole game after the first quarter. In OT A&M just seemed to have more confidence and energy - like they seemed to know what to do. Duke never really threatened in OT.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
"There are good lessons for us as a team, the obvious ones, boxing out, not getting offensive rebounds, getting to the free throw line more than 18 times, not turning the ball over 20 times. There are just very, very good lessons for us." - Joanne P. McCallie

#LessonsLearned

Reaction Score
"There are good lessons for us as a team, the obvious ones, boxing out, not getting offensive rebounds, getting to the free throw line more than 18 times, not turning the ball over 20 times. There are just very, very good lessons for us." - Joanne P. McCallie

#LessonsLearned
Lots of other lessons too:

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4200&ATCLID=210511910

Coach P on Rebecca Greenwell: "She can rebound, she can pass, she can shoot, and she can drive. That was really evident in this game, so that’s excellent. The challenge being a captain, being able to lead a team, and get other people to do what they’re supposed to do. That’s her next step from a team point of view, is getting people to understand what has got to be done and getting them to do it.” I'm OK with this I guess, but isn't this something Coach P needs to do herself too?

Azurá Stevens: "....The girl who was guarding me was really physical so I had to use my quickness to get around her and just repost. In the second half I had to adjust because that wasn’t going to fly if I did that for two halves.” Good job by her - she just got hammered. A&M seemed bigger and more physical (don't know if they are actually bigger - ?). Suspect Azurá is pretty black & blue today.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Lots of other lessons too:

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4200&ATCLID=210511910

Coach P on Rebecca Greenwell: "She can rebound, she can pass, she can shoot, and she can drive. That was really evident in this game, so that’s excellent. The challenge being a captain, being able to lead a team, and get other people to do what they’re supposed to do. That’s her next step from a team point of view, is getting people to understand what has got to be done and getting them to do it.” I'm OK with this I guess, but isn't this something Coach P needs to do herself too?
hmm Sophomore captain. That can't help any. (at least this year)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

#LessonsLearned

polar_bear1.jpg

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Was last night the earliest the bus was used by Coach JPM?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

#LessonsLearned

Again with the "lessons learned" theme. At some point they're just "lessons."

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score
"When you can recruit as well as Duke and you can have this building. This is my bucket list. I’ve completed my bucket list so you might not see me again. Duke – everything about this program is just class. It’s just class. In all of the sports, that’s something you should be very proud of." - Texas A&M head coach Gary Blair

Maybe Gary wants the Duke coaching job.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Almost everything, Gary.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Almost? If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry old time. Is this P's last year?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
won't happen... that ship has sailed an it ain't coming back

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I am too lazy to look up the presser. Did Coach P run true to form?

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
The Lady Devils may not be the winningest elite team in wcbb, but they surely must be the most learned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom