Duke Adding Seatbacks to Wallace Wade | The Boneyard

Duke Adding Seatbacks to Wallace Wade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Ugh...me and my damn busted links. Here you go...

Though the track won’t be removed at Wallace Wade Stadium until next off-season, Duke continues to make major improvements to its stadium.

The Blue Devils are in the process of adding chairback seating behind the benches.

After the 2014 season, construction workers will remove the track and lower the playing surface. At that time, new field-level seating will be added, as well.

The home schedule at Wallace Wade Stadium this season includes games against Elon, Kansas, Tulane, Virginia, Virginia Tech, North Carolina, and Wake Forest.

As noted this weekend, do not sleep on the Blue Devils this season

BrQHZanCIAAxuOn.jpg

Reaction Score
I wonder if this is something UCONN will do at the Rent once the inevitable expansion/renovation happens. Would be great if it was!

http://coachingsearch. /Bolt/Duke-making-improvements-to-Wallace-Wade-Stadium-29396408
I could see trying to drop the field.. but I don't know if there is room to add much seating. What I can see unfortunately is the shrinking of bleacher seat size to a B1G size seat and trying to boost capacity by squeezing more people in like they do at Mich, PSU and ND

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I could see trying to drop the field.. but I don't know if there is room to add much seating. What I can see unfortunately is the shrinking of bleacher seat size to a B1G size seat and trying to boost capacity by squeezing more people in like they do at Mich, PSU and ND

Dropping the field is an interesting concept. They could then add some field level boxes to add revenue. Probably put them on the scoreboard side of the field. I'm 50/50 on the chair back vs capacity debate. On one hand, I want to see the Rent get over 60K. On the other, we are entering a well-documented age of TV vs live sporting events. Making the sports venues as fan friendly as possible also needs to be considered. If they can get capacity over 60K AND add chair backs, I think that would be most ideal.

Reaction Score
I'm not an engineer, but I do know that because of the water table at the rent the field would be flooded all the time if it were not for 3 massive water pumps buried behind the end zone in front of the student section. Sounds like a lot of work for not much reward in our case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom