Duke 2017 - 2018 | The Boneyard

Duke 2017 - 2018

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Whoa, great pickup by JPM.

Faz Davalos one of those players who stays under the media radar because she's been in a weak conference. She's an elite shot blocker and will give Duke a much needed interior presence.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
tenor.gif

Good news to start out the week. This calls for a donut or 3 :p

Once again...... I come to the Boneyard and find out information on Duke :cool:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
A nice pick up, but let's just pump the breaks a hair. We're not talking about the reincarnation of Wilt here, and although her swat numbers are good let's see how she does once the competition is raised, and let's see if she can stay in front of her mark. Good defense and nice shot blocking numbers are two different things.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
A nice pick up, but let's just pump the breaks a hair. We're not talking about the reincarnation of Wilt here, and although her swat numbers are good let's see how she does once the competition is raised, and let's see if she can stay in front of her mark. Good defense and nice shot blocking numbers are two different things.

Pump what brakes? :confused: No one said anything about Wilt or anything... I'm confused here

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
May have got the missing piece to go with there three great guards.

McCallie Adds Bego Faz Davalos to 2017-18 Roster
I think maybe the "pump the brakes" may have been in reply to the OP "missing piece" comment. My question would be "missing piece to what?"
  1. A winning season?
  2. Making the NCAA's?
  3. Winning the ACC?
  4. Making a deep run in the NCAA's?
  5. Making the final 4?
  6. Winning the NC?
I hope Duke has a terrific year. I enjoy our Duke visitors more than most other teams' visitors. Plus I have some friends who went to Duke. Will NEVER get on board with liking the men's team, but I root for the Duke women against most everyone not named UCONN...

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Faz Davalos one of those players who stays under the media radar because she's been in a weak conference. She's an elite shot blocker and will give Duke a much needed interior presence.

I'll come to the defense of the MWC....... yes its weaker than the "power" conferences.... but its not like its the Big South or the SWAC. I looked it up... and it was the #11 out of 32 in conference sagarin ratings for the past year. The American was #7th...... with UCONN.

I think maybe the "pump the brakes" may have been in reply to the OP "missing piece" comment. My question would be "missing piece to what?"
  1. A winning season?
  2. Making the NCAA's?
  3. Winning the ACC?
  4. Making a deep run in the NCAA's?
  5. Making the final 4?
  6. Winning the NC?
I hope Duke has a terrific year. I enjoy our Duke visitors more than most other teams' visitors. Plus I have some friends who went to Duke. Will NEVER get on board with liking the men's team, but I root for the Duke women against most everyone not named UConn...

Ok..... from my perspective it gives Duke an improved shot at the top of the ACC in the regular season..... a chance to win the ACC tournament..... and a better chance at advancing past the 2nd round in the NCAA's. Duke needed interior help in the form of rebounding, blocked shots, and some offense. While I dont expect Bego to be the female version of Wilt.... she definitely should help.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Hopefully she can help boost the Duke TV ratings in the Lucrative Mexico City Metro Market :cool: I need to learn how to say ... "get that weak crap outta here" in Spanish :p

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score

Wonder what kind of restaurants she's worked at. :cool: :D

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Her numbers are very similar to the numbers that Butler put up at Georgetown her freshman year.

Its the blocked shot numbers that caught my attention. I looked it up.... If she would have stayed at Fresno State and kept at her current pace... she would have ended up in the Top 5 of all-time in Division I history. She's the active NCAA leader in Blocks and Rebounds.

Now I wish I'd paid more attention to MWC WCBB this past season :oops:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I'll come to the defense of the MWC.. yes its weaker than the "power" conferences.... but its not like its the Big South or the SWAC. I looked it up... and it was the #11 out of 32 in conference sagarin ratings for the past year. The American was #7th. with UConn

Almost every conference is better than the Big South and the SWAC and the MEAC. :eek:

My point was that outside of the power 5-plus-UConn and, to a lesser extent, the Big East, there are some very good players who fly under the national radar of conversation about great players. Some of these players even end up thriving at the professional level.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Almost every conference is better than the Big South and the SWAC and the MEAC. :eek:

mad teddy bear.jpg

Hey now dont go bashing the Big South and the MEAC ...... I didnt even mention the MEAC and you threw them in . Guess I should have said the NEC instead of the Big South :oops:

My point was that outside of the power 5-plus-UConn and, to a lesser extent, the Big East, there are some very good players who fly under the national radar of conversation about great players. Some of these players even end up thriving at the professional level.

Yes I agree. Ive been scouring the internet trying to find Fresno State highlights. She looks to be pretty mobile for a C and she runs the floor well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom