duffy article- How good can UConn be in 2013-14? We'll find out in the next month | Page 2 | The Boneyard

duffy article- How good can UConn be in 2013-14? We'll find out in the next month

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
DM - can I get a bullet-pointed summary please? I don't have 6 hours to commit right now.

I'll say this: JC almost never let a guy make the wrong decision. KEA is the only guy I can think of. These kids respect KO, needless to say. I think that if the word from NBA people is that none are likely 1st rounders, they'll be back.
Come on, nomar. It won't take that long and I've been leaving much shorter posts lately. I just felt compelled to take a deep dive into this topic.

Reaction Score
Checked a couple of mock draft sites and no Uconn players were listed in the first 2 rounds (top 60). As much as I love Bazz, if I were an NBA GM and had to take a Uconn player it would Daniels because he has the most potential. I'd be surprised if Boatright leaves unless ego gets in the way. The best he could hope for is a deal in Europe or somewhere overseas. If KEA couldn't hook on with an NBA team then Boatright has no chance.Another year of college coaching could help Boatright a lot.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I still don't buy Duffy's point that Bazz can't improve his stock. Bazz has improved as a player every year he's been here, and he made a tremendous leap from soph to junior year and he spent a great deal of the offseason in a walking boot and then had his foot operated on, if Bazz gets an entire offseason to continue working on his game and his body how can he not come back a better player? And while he'll never become Nate Robinson or even Boat athletically, there are workouts that you can do to improve your speed and vertical, and he most certainly can tighten up his body from a muscle standpoint. He might have to go outside the program because I'm kind of skeptical of whoever is running our strength and conditioning program(see the transformation AO underwent once he went to Mizzou for example), but it can be done. I just don't understand the reasoning for going pro just hoping to be drafted when all of the evidence will be given to him that he's not even guaranteed to get picked at all. I hate to bring them up because I know this board will go nuts, but if Bazz went to Duke and wasn't guaranteed to be drafted would there be any question he would be coming back? I mean Nolan Smith had a very similar JR year to what Bazz has had, won a title, and there wasn't even any question that he was coming back for his SR year. Yet we have beat writers encouraging players to go pro when it's in doubt whether he will be drafted at all.
It is a well known fact that the beat writers come to the Boneyard for ideas and to get a pulse of what the fans are interested in. :) Since there are five or more threads imploring BAZZ to return it was a no brainer to write an article with this bias!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak
Top Bottom