Dueling Headlines... Or Dualing Headines??? | The Boneyard

Dueling Headlines... Or Dualing Headines???

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
IMG_35541.jpg
IMAG0693.jpg

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I found this article, read this article, and now don't want to post it because I already know which McGraw quote the board is going to freak out over.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Paul Doyle and Tom Coyne... Could this be like Samuel Clemens and Mark Twain???

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Someone once said.................Be careful what you wish for. I'm sure ND is a lot more comfortable hosting this game, than having to play it at the house of horrors (Gampel).
If they are going to beat us, they'd better do it THIS year, at their place. Next year they come to Gampel, and our 2017-2018 team will be more potent, taller, and pissed off if we lose this game on national television, and they end the winning streak. Don't poke the bear. :mad:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
You know - honestly, I don't think the house matters - both of these teams are going to be really excited about this game whether in SB or CT, and I don't think they ever 'dread' it. And there is often a more relaxed attitude for teams in highly competitive games being on the road. Too often, the word 'defend' and the idea of having to protect something gets associated with a home court or home field - and that can distract from normal preparations.

It is like Geno talking about 'defending' the championship in preseason - he tells the team there is nothing to defend, no one is coming to take last year's trophy back. This is a new year and we are working toward winning new games and new trophies. And why no one talks about 'preserving the streak' or even thinks about the streak. It is todays game that matters, everything else is a distraction.

Or when coaches and teams leading in the fourth quarter of any sport start trying to 'defend' or protect the lead instead of playing/coaching to win the game - quite often it goes pear shaped on them.

NB: The Patriots coach was asked why Brady was still in the game last week with the score 26-3 and 5:30 left - he said he is still playing to win the game, and he has seen too much happen over the years to think about anything else. I liked that comment.

Reaction Score
I found this article, read this article, and now don't want to post it because I already know which McGraw quote the board is going to freak out over.
As a fellow primate there is only one thing to do..... take it to the grave with you.:eek:

Reaction Score

Okay you've piqued our, or at least my curiosity. Surely you're not going to leave us hanging like that. Post it, and let us decide which quote to freak out over.

Reaction Score

Okay you've piqued our, or at least my curiosity. Surely you're not going to leave us hanging like that. Post it, and let us decide which quote to freak out over.

Don't do it. If you do I will do everything in my power to have you expelled from The Boneyard. I mean.... don't do it. :eek::eek::mad::eek:

Reaction Score
Maybe it was this:

"They don't have a great player," McGraw said. "They don't have that one player like Stewart that can just take over the entire game. I think they have balance — probably more balance than they've ever had. You have to guard everybody."

McGraw contends the pressure is on the Huskies, who have won 82 straight.

"They've got to keep that going, with however many games they've won in a row," McGraw said. "They're No. 1 now, so it's a little bit like it was in the past."

Reaction Score
Maybe it was this: "They don't have a great player," McGraw said. How about this for "don't have a great player": Napheesa Collier 28 points/10 rebounds, Brianna Turner 11 points, 6 rebounds.

"They've got to keep that going, with however many games they've won in a row," McGraw said. "They're No. 1 now, so it's a little bit like it was in the past." How about this for "a little bit like it was in the past": UConn 85 - ND 64

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom