Dudleytown??? | The Boneyard

Dudleytown???

Reaction Score
A buddy of mine who knows I grew up in CT asked me what I knew about Dudleytown.

Told him I had never heard of it. He gave me a brief description.

So, it's a haunted area inside the woods on some private property??

In Cornwall. Maintained by a private land trust.

Reaction Score
A buddy of mine who knows I grew up in CT asked me what I knew about Dudleytown.

Told him I had never heard of it. He gave me a brief description.

So, it's a haunted area inside the woods on some private property??
Yeah. You can find info online about it. It was a small village and at some point everyone in the village died from a virus or something. It is interesting and creepy. I’ve read several stories about it over the years.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
In Cornwall. Maintained by a private land trust.
Yeah. You can find info online about it. It was a small village and at some point everyone in the village died from a virus or something. It is interesting and creepy. I’ve read several stories about it over the years.

Seems like this would have been something teens and young adults would have tried to visit or screw around by visiting.

I'm just surprised I had never heard of it.

Anyone ever try to go there or know stories of those who tried?

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Seems like this would have been something teens and young adults would have tried to visit or screw around by visiting.

I'm just surprised I had never heard of it.

Anyone ever try to go there or know stories of those who tried?
Yes, I grew up in northwest CT and everyone knew Dudleytown. Went there a couple of times in high school. It was either that or doing loops on main street and hanging out at McDonalds.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Yes, I grew up in northwest CT and everyone knew Dudleytown. Went there a couple of times in high school. It was either that or doing loops on main street and hanging out at McDonalds.

So, is it haunted?

Reaction Score
We used to go up there when we were young teens at night to scare ourselves and I remember staying over one night. We went back up there at night after watching The Blair Witch Project and it seemed like half the young people in CT. were there. It turned into a pretty strange night, that movie made the state crack down on letting people in.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So, is it haunted?
I can only say Chris McKinnell told me not to go there. So I never did.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
We had the melonheads when I was a kid. The lived in the woods in Huntington, Monroe and Easton. Which in the 50s, were 90% wooded -- or at least seemed that way. No one would admit to believing in them, but if you drove down the old sawmill road at night, you locked the doors and sped like crazy, anyway.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
We had the melonheads when I was a kid. The lived in the woods in Huntington, Monroe and Easton. Which in the 50s, were 90% wooded -- or at least seemed that way. No one would admit to believing in them, but if you drove down the old sawmill road at night, you locked the doors and sped like crazy, anyway.

Yep. The melonheads. Used scare the bejeezus outta me.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I always though Dudleytown was near Caprilands.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score

Reaction Score
Gunntown cemetery in Naugatuck is supposedly haunted too. Really old headstones

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
We used to go up there when we were young teens at night to scare ourselves and I remember staying over one night. We went back up there at night after watching The Blair Witch Project and it seemed like half the young people in CT. were there. It turned into a pretty strange night, that movie made the state crack down on letting people in.
For some reason I thought you were like 80

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Yep. The melonheads. Used scare the bejeezus outta me.
ok, now u've actually demonstrated some Bridgeport/Lupe's street cred with that 'melonheads' reference.
when it first came to me in grammar school, and i asked the elder yankees in my family aboot that, they were all like 'of course, the melonheads are there. u gotta watch out for them.' and since they had hooks into renting horses and stuff there since the Civil War, i believed them.
im still not sure aboot all of that. i think that they lied to me cuz i later learned that The President did not, in fact, pass a special law declaring that children in Bridgeport must go to school or lose all dinner privileges.
too risky to argue that one. i do like to eat.
of course, like folks in Columbus' times, we believed that the Merritt Parkway defined the edge of the known world, and if u biked past that, a melonhead might just eat you.
the only dudley we knew was that canuck riding a horse, always unwrapping ladies tied to a train track by some bad guy who looked suspiciously like our principal.

Last edited:

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
early grammar school, our 'street' gang gets the word. 'mr rodrigues sez ask your folks if you can go on a camping trip to Kettletown Park.'
'hey pops! mr rodrigues wants to know if i can go.....'
'sure, have a good time. are you leaving now?'
aboot a week later, so our special group is filled with camping chat as we pass the time in the penitentiary, and everyone is asking me questions cuz i was a day camp attendee, and they all thought i was daniel boone.
'where is Kettles Town?'
'canada. its got bears, wolves, an everything. bring a machete and a shotgun. could get sketchy.'
'what's the melonhead 411 there?'
'bad. i think a whole van of kids got eaten there recently, and we got to watch out for that guy with the hook hand they always tell me aboot at camp itchy.'
we decided to visit keith's gramma, en masse, and put the arm on her cuz she was all churchy, and it took an act of congress to get that kid free on a sunday morning. 'but we'll learn stuff!' 'he needs to learn manners, not marshmellows...' his pops puts his foot down 'he's going, anywhere far from here!' sounded like my dad. i think they had a union.
we get there, 'are we in jellystone? where are the bathrooms? im not going near that thing, it smells really, really bad... where do i plug in my....'
a fine time was had by all, except, i think, by mr rodriguez. last we heard, they sent him to Gaylord, or one of those rehab places, after that. nice man, knew a lot of cool stuff like skinning bears and catching fish with his teeth, or so it seemed.
come to think of it, i had a lot of conversations with the rents that went like this,
'can i go....'
'do i have to do anything, like drive, or.... no? have a nice time, don't hurry back.'
subtle as a brick to the noggin, those two.

Reaction Score
ok, now u've actually demonstrated some Bridgeport/Lupe's street cred with that 'melonheads' reference.
when it first came to me in grammar school, and i asked the elder yankees in my family aboot that, they were all like 'of course, the melonheads are there. u gotta watch out for them.' and since they had hooks into renting horses and stuff there since the Civil War, i believed them.
im still not sure aboot all of that. i think that they lied to me cuz i later learned that The President did not, in fact, pass a special law declaring that children in Bridgeport must go to school or lose all dinner privileges.
too risky to argue that one. i do like to eat.
of course, like folks in Columbus' times, we believed that the Merritt Parkway defined the edge of the known world, and if u biked past that, a melonhead might just eat you.
the only dudley we knew was that canuck riding a horse, always unwrapping ladies tied to a train track by some bad guy who looked suspiciously like our principal.
I laughed at your Dudley do right reference.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom