DT USA Basketball Athlete of Year | The Boneyard

DT USA Basketball Athlete of Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thanks. No greater compliment than Geno's:

“When you think about how impactful she was right from the beginning of the tournament it’s unbelievable,” said Geno Auriemma, USA Women’s National Team and University of Connecticut head coach, as well as a 2016 USA Basketball Co-National Coach of the Year. “When you have a player that can single-handedly put the team in a position to win right from the opening tip, you can’t overestimate how much confidence every other player on the team has, because they know what Diana can do. I know everyone on the team felt that way, and D always comes up big in the biggest moment. That was certainly a big moment, and nobody was bigger than her.”

Four times USA Female Athlete of the Year!!!!

Reaction Score
Think I'll pop a really big bowl of popcorn tonight before sitting down to see what's trending on a few other boards.....

Reaction Score
As a Magic Johnson and Laker fan, one of the reasons Diana picked Uconn was the Huskies were and still are Showtime in the World of Womens College Basketball!!!

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
What are the odds of Dee going for Gold #5 in 2020? I'm assuming she will be around 38 at that point.
If she maintains good health I would guess it is more likely than not. I don't think any other women has gotten 5 gold medals
in hoops...is that correct?

Maybe not as a starter....but as a leader off the bench....super clutch in big moments....able to steady the ship if things go awry.
Aside from that possibility what former UConn players will be on that team?

Reaction Score
As a Magic Johnson and Laker fan, one of the reasons Diana picked Uconn was the Huskies were and still are Showtime in the World of Womens College Basketball!!!
For Years Geno --called his team the "circus" because of the fan and media exposure --and hoopla as they went from BB facility to another--he said --"The Circus is in town". It would appear DT choose wisely and properly!! As have: Walker, Charli, Lexi, Azura, et al

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
"DT USA Basketball Athlete of Year"

But only because Auriemma kept Parker off the team. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom