DT Talks Rio Magic, Tokyo, Geno | The Boneyard

DT Talks Rio Magic, Tokyo, Geno

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
A little tease:

"And it helps to play with the best point guard in the world. I mean, every single time I was open Sue got me the ball. I'd forgotten how unbelievable she is and how easy she makes the game for her teammates."

Nothing but fun here.
As for that guy who means so much to her: " I'm sure we'll chat again before I leave for Russia and go over some things."

Take the fifth? Taurasi is not saying

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
"It was basketball bliss," Taurasi said. "You wake up every morning and you're playing with the best players in the world, players who were unselfish and who wanted to play for each other. Then the Coach had this special shine about him every time that we were in the gym. He gave us this confidence and the way to play. He was amazing. I've been around him for a long time and I think that's the best job he has ever done with a group."

Nice job, Geno!!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
It is a long time till 2020 for an athlete in her thirties, but Diana is obsessive about basketball and doing everything she can to prolong her career already. If she is to try for five, I think she will need to choose to skip a few more seasons, both another WNBA season and perhaps one or two European seasons - that would be a financial hit for her with no guarantees that she would actually make it to the next Olympics. But she has also been relatively lucky so far in terms of significant injuries, unlike Sue, and that could help her.

One of the things with a great point guard like Sue that doesn't get commented on very often is not just picking out the right pass to the open teammate, but getting the exact location on the pass and the exact timing. Sue is superb at delivering the ball on time and in a location where the recipient is able to flow smoothly into their shot. A pass that is to low or high so the shooter has to bend or stretch to catch it, or that is off-center disrupts the timing.

Reaction Score
I love Maya Moore...always will....but for my money the greatest UCONN Women's Basketball player has to be Diana Taurasi!! Nobody has been as clutch, as much as a "winner" in so many ways and so loyal to the UCONN brand!!

Interesting that she apparently gave $25K to the practice center and has never been honored with a mural. ( I wonder how much Ray could afford?)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
It is a long time till 2020 for an athlete in her thirties, but Diana is obsessive about basketball and doing everything she can to prolong her career already. If she is to try for five, I think she will need to choose to skip a few more seasons, both another WNBA season and perhaps one or two European seasons - that would be a financial hit for her with no guarantees that she would actually make it to the next Olympics. But she has also been relatively lucky so far in terms of significant injuries, unlike Sue, and that could help her.

One of the things with a great point guard like Sue that doesn't get commented on very often is not just picking out the right pass to the open teammate, but getting the exact location on the pass and the exact timing. Sue is superb at delivering the ball on time and in a location where the recipient is able to flow smoothly into their shot. A pass that is to low or high so the shooter has to bend or stretch to catch it, or that is off-center disrupts the timing.
I watched part of Seattle's game last night. Kaleena was on the right wing. Sue drove the lane and passed to the right corner. The ball arrived just as Kaleena got there, and she smoothly went into her shooting motion and splashed the 3-pointer. It was textbook.

WNBA League Pass It comes at about 5:50 of the second quarter.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I watched part of Seattle's game last night. Kaleena was on the right wing. Sue drove the lane and passed to the right corner. The ball arrived just as Kaleena got there, and she smoothly went into her shooting motion and splashed the 3-pointer. It was textbook.

WNBA League Pass It comes at about 5:50 of the second quarter.
I was happy for K on that shot

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
"Not only did we have what I think are the 12 best players, it was 12 players who fit the best. It was 12 who complemented each other. No one stepped on each other's toes on and off the court. It was a pleasure to be around everyone. Plus, how well we played with each other, it was just the perfect mix. It showed. People would say, 'It looks like you're having fun out there.' I haven't had that much fun playing in a long time. It was a great time. There was something special about everyone. From the players, the coaches, (national team director) Carol Callan, there was just something special about the whole group."

It's impossible for me to read these words from Diana without hearing in them a thinly veiled explanation of why Parker wasn't on the team.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
"Not only did we have what I think are the 12 best players, it was 12 players who fit the best. It was 12 who complemented each other. No one stepped on each other's toes on and off the court. It was a pleasure to be around everyone. Plus, how well we played with each other, it was just the perfect mix. It showed. People would say, 'It looks like you're having fun out there.' I haven't had that much fun playing in a long time. It was a great time. There was something special about everyone. From the players, the coaches, (national team director) Carol Callan, there was just something special about the whole group."

It's impossible for me to read these words from Diana without hearing in them a thinly veiled explanation of why Parker wasn't on the team.
I'd guess she didn't mean anything with respect to Parker.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I'd guess she didn't mean anything with respect to Parker.

I'm not saying it was her intent to specifically address the Parker situation, but she's pretty clear in her opinion that the selection committee made the perfect choices.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score

looks like it was about Parker to me... lets stop playing nice. She may not have said her name but the casual/rabbit fan would think its "kinda" about Parker

some UConn POSTERS seems to think that's the case (DT's comments), so why not someone who's directly related to the situation. from one of the horse's mouth

but maybe not :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS