DT: Not Hard To Figure What is Happening Here | The Boneyard

DT: Not Hard To Figure What is Happening Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"Usually Diana doesn't assert herself like she has the first three games," UConn coach Geno Auriemma said. "Usually waiting for the game to come to her, get everybody else involved. These first three games of the tournament she's come out and taken over right from the beginning."

Taurasi drains six 3s as U.S. outlasts Serbia

She's thinking this may be it and I'm not going out with a silver. She's so damn smart. When she's on it more than special to watch.

Reaction Score
"Usually Diana doesn't assert herself like she has the first three games," UConn coach Geno Auriemma said. "Usually waiting for the game to come to her, get everybody else involved. These first three games of the tournament she's come out and taken over right from the beginning."

Taurasi drains six 3s as U.S. outlasts Serbia

She's thinking this may be it and I'm not going out with a silver. She's so damn smart. When she's on it more than special to watch.
We have D, the other teams don't!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I could be right.

"She's usually waiting for the game to come to her, get everybody else involved. And these first three games of the tournament, she's just come out and taken over right from the beginning.

"Why is that? You know, that's a good question. I talked with her yesterday during our off day. We talked about a lot of things that she and I have been through in the past, we talked about where we are right now, we talked about whether there's a future at all at the Olympics. I said, 'If this is going to be your last,' ... I don't know if it is or not, it looks like she can play until she's 50. But I said, 'Let's go out in a bang.' This reminds me of her in college and she's doing whatever she wanted. She's doing it against the best players in the world."

UConn 2017 commits set official visits

Reaction Score
This seems to be the most important part of the story for UConners:

""She's something else, isn't she?" Auriemma said, according to USA Basketball. "Kia's finally healthy. She struggled most of the season and she got it taken care of at the end."

Turns out she seems to have played last year with a sports hernia....

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

""She's something else, isn't she?" Auriemma said, according to USA Basketball. "Kia's finally healthy. She struggled most of the season and she got it taken care of at the end."

Kia played hurt last year, and Napheesa played hurt. Plus Morgan got some rest because of her knees, and Lou got hurt. If we had been healthy, we could have won all our games. ;)

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
DT is playing free and loose. And I assume that part of it is the same that it is for the rest of the team, knowing that if you miss or make a mistake there is another top player there to have your back. So why not play loose and let it fly. She is feeling invigorated by playing in the Olympics and with great friends and teammates. In other words, she is HAVING FUN! I think that sometimes there can be so much responsibility at the professional that players can forget to have fun.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
DT is playing free and loose. She is feeling invigorated by playing in the Olympics and with great friends and teammates. In other words, she is HAVING FUN!

Just as Swin told Doug Gottlieb, "It's actually fun to whip somebody by 40 points.";)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

1. That was my take too. Kia, tough as nails, but with the quickest smile and laugh.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Dee does not appear to be on the downside of her career at all.
Father time is undefeated. DT has conditioned herself for these Olympic games and she is playing remarkable well. Maybe the next World championships is a realistic goal for DT but just to maintain this conditioning for another year would be remarkable.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Father time is undefeated. DT has conditioned herself for these Olympic games and she is playing remarkable well. Maybe the next World championships is a realistic goal for DT but just to maintain this conditioning for another year would be remarkable.

After DT and BG make it through the Olympics they can go back to Phoenix and give a full effort.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Watching this team play, as much as I love Catchings, and she is one of my all-time favorites, I can't help but wish that the US had taken a young guard to these games. We are blowing folks out by 30 and 40 points and this sure would have been a good opportunity to give a young guard a little experience like Stewart is getting. And we have young guards who would have contributed, like Stewart is doing.

Reaction Score
Watching this team play, as much as I love Catchings, and she is one of my all-time favorites, I can't help but wish that the US had taken a young guard to these games. We are blowing folks out by 30 and 40 points and this sure would have been a good opportunity to give a young guard a little experience like Stewart is getting. And we have young guards who would have contributed, like Stewart is doing.
I agree with both your points: why Stewie is on the team, and why not a young guard?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yeah, but who to choose.....

241baf1dcb61429296ea6fb291a933f4.ashx

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I just feel that Catchings deserves to be there. And while she is getting very limited minutes, when she gets on the floor she is playing well. She reminds me of Jones in the last Olympics - almost an afterthought, but one who you can see being pivotal in one game should she be needed.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Yeah, but who to choose.....

241baf1dcb61429296ea6fb291a933f4.ashx
I was out this afternoon and just watched the game on reply. Interestingly, I was thinking the same thing. Angel used her speed effectively. Moriah would have run by the Canadians, and her defense would have annoyed the crap out of them to the point of surrender. I expect to see Mo on the team in 2020 at the latest. She can do almost what Sue does and she uses speed that no one else has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom