Drummond | The Boneyard

Drummond

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Good 2 C Detroit asking Andre to rep them at the nba draft, this shows Detroit think he is their future

Reaction Score
Good 2 C Detroit asking Andre to rep them at the nba draft, this shows Detroit think he is their future

Except he didn't bring Detroit any luck with their pick. :(

Poor Bobcats got screwed again.

caw

Reaction Score
Except he didn't bring Detroit any luck with their pick. :(

Poor Bobcats got screwed again.

Man the Bobcats have no luck. Historically worst team ever last year and lose out on the easy All-star pick. Missing on Drummond is their fault though. Tied for worst team this year and lose the coin flip? then end up 4th in what appears to be a two man draft.

Who do they take now?

Cleveland picking Noel is almost a given. Then they have a nice core of Irving, Waiters, Zeller, Thompson. Noel would balance out Thompsons poor defense but they have similar offense (not much).

Orlando could also go with a PG, but I think McLemore just makes too much sense for them. They could go after the thief from Cuse, but that would be a reach.

Washington has a tough one. They really need a SF or big, but I'm not sure there is any great SF or PF here. Porter would be a very solid pick for them.

Charlotte needs a SG, PF and/or C (if you believe that Bismak Biyombo is a future starter or not). I would go after Oladipo, Bennett or Zeller. Leaning to Oladipo. You know he will be a plus defender next to Kemba and MKG that gives you a very solid defensive core. Oladipo also has very good athleticism. If Orlando goes with someone else then maybe you can still get McLemore.

I think a lot of teams are going to try and move down in this draft.

They are going to suck again next year, so maybe they will get lucky and get a top 3 pick next year and get one of Wiggins, Parker or Randle. That is a more important draft for the Bobcats than this one.

Reaction Score
Bobcats screwed the pooch by winning a couple on the tail end of the season, I think Orlando was 1 loss worse than the Bobcats. Don't hold your breath for them getting Wiggins next year.

Reaction Score
Anthony Bennett is going to be the best player in this draft other than Noel. McLemore 3rd.

Reaction Score
Man the Bobcats have no luck. Historically worst team ever last year and lose out on the easy All-star pick. Missing on Drummond is their fault though. Tied for worst team this year and lose the coin flip? then end up 4th in what appears to be a two man draft.

Who do they take now?

Cleveland picking Noel is almost a given. Then they have a nice core of Irving, Waiters, Zeller, Thompson. Noel would balance out Thompsons poor defense but they have similar offense (not much).

Orlando could also go with a PG, but I think McLemore just makes too much sense for them. They could go after the thief from Cuse, but that would be a reach.

Washington has a tough one. They really need a SF or big, but I'm not sure there is any great SF or PF here. Porter would be a very solid pick for them.

Charlotte needs a SG, PF and/or C (if you believe that Bismak Biyombo is a future starter or not). I would go after Oladipo, Bennett or Zeller. Leaning to Oladipo. You know he will be a plus defender next to Kemba and MKG that gives you a very solid defensive core. Oladipo also has very good athleticism. If Orlando goes with someone else then maybe you can still get McLemore.

I think a lot of teams are going to try and move down in this draft.

They are going to suck again next year, so maybe they will get lucky and get a top 3 pick next year and get one of Wiggins, Parker or Randle. That is a more important draft for the Bobcats than this one.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Cleveland think about McLemore.... they don't have a good SF, but they do have young big men.

I was looking at a few mock drafts, this has got to be one of the worst collections of talent in a draft that I can remember. There is no one that can turn a franchise around. At most, there are role players, and the teams at the top of the draft obviously need more than that.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I wouldn't be surprised to see Cleveland think about McLemore.... they don't have a good SF, but they do have young big men.

I was looking at a few mock drafts, this has got to be one of the worst collections of talent in a draft that I can remember. There is no one that can turn a franchise around. At most, there are role players, and the teams at the top of the draft obviously need more than that.

You've just described every NBA draft for a decade.

Reaction Score
You've just described every NBA draft for a decade.

And yet the league seems to have a higher skill level than ever before!!!

We're comparing 18 and 19 year olds to 23 year olds from decades ago.

Nerlens Noel might have a Ralph Sampson-ish skill level in 3 years.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
And yet the league seems to have a higher skill level than ever before!!!

We're comparing 18 and 19 year olds to 23 year olds from decades ago.

Nerlens Noel might have a Ralph Sampson-ish skill level in 3 years.

I think that's right at the top of the draft with the top few players. Players are also coming in more physically developed. There's been a shift in where players are trained. It used to be college... now it's the bottom of the roster and the NBDL. The NBA has become slightly more like MLB and NHL in that they are developing a healthier farm league than they've had in the past. A team can take someone who's physcally gifted and develop them in the league now. That wasn't the case a decade ago.

Reaction Score

Lets say the Bobcats do get the 1st pick next year and Wiggins and Randle are 1 and 2. Do they take Wiggins even though they have MKG? I feel like you still have to take Wiggins even if you already have a #2 overall pick at SF

Reaction Score
Let

Lets say the Bobcats do get the 1st pick next year and Wiggins and Randle are 1 and 2. Do they take Wiggins even though they have MKG? I feel like you still have to take Wiggins even if you already have a #2 overall pick at SF
Did you watch the Sam Bowie documentary?

The answer is YES.

Reaction Score

Greg Oden was the best prospect since LeBron. But Wiggins is right after him. The NBA is built upon superstar players as the foundation of championship teams. If you have the opportunity to draft one, you take him regardless of the composition of your team.

Reaction Score
Greg Oden was the best prospect since LeBron. But Wiggins is right after him. The NBA is built upon superstar players as the foundation of championship teams. If you have the opportunity to draft one, you take him regardless of the composition of your team.
LeBron
Oden
Durant
Wiggins
Rose

That's who I think the best 5 prospects of the past 10 years are. That about the consensus on the BY?

Reaction Score
Who in this draft is as good as Kyrie Irving? Lillard?

I will give you Kyrie but not Lillard. Who thought he would be so good?

The draft get blasted for lacking talent 2 out of every 3 years, but good players are still coming into the NBA.

The 09 class was supposed to be an absolute joke and has already produced Blake, Harden, Curry - franchise players, plus other talents like B Jennings, Rubio, Tyreke, Lawson, etc. The problem is in the evaluation, unless there are a couple super studs at the top, the draft get panned.

caw

Reaction Score

If I were GM and had a top 10 pick I would swing for a homerun every single time. By that I mean, go based on talent/potential not fit. You can always trade talent (see OKC/Harden).

This is why I would have taken Drummond in the top 3 last year.

Wiggins should go #1 unless he fails miserably, or has a career ending injury.

Let's say they get McLemore/Oladipo this year. There are worse things than having MKG + McLemore/Oladipo + Wiggins + Kemba on a team.

You could trade Wiggins or MKG in the future pretty easily, likely MKG.

Throw in the fact that they might have Detroit's (top 8 protected) and Portland's (top 12 protected) picks next year and that is the draft for them to make their bones.

Who in this draft is as good as Kyrie Irving? Lillard?

Oladipo would be my bet but he may just be a SG version of Mr. Big Hands (without the benefit of playing in altitude in college).

Reaction Score
LeBron
Oden
Durant
Wiggins
Rose

That's who I think the best 5 prospects of the past 10 years are. That about the consensus on the BY?

darko had more hype than rose, and i would say melo had equal if not greater hype as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom