Drummond | The Boneyard

Drummond

Reaction Score
Wow, what a stat line. Flirting with a 5x5.

If Blake can stay healthy and Detroit can add a piece or two, that Clippers trade might have worked out for both sides.

Reaction Score
Also, look where he is on the all-time rebound list – who he's recently passed, and who he'll likely pass before this season's over:

s82CASq.png

He's 25. 25!!!

If he stays healthy and keeps rebounding at this rate through his age 30 season, he'll have ~13,500 career rebounds. Top 15 all-time, a very good chance at ending up third all-time, and a decent chance of becoming just the third player in NBA history (Wilt & Russ) with 20,000+ rebounds.

Best part, though, is that for the past 3 months he's been so much more than just a rebounder/put-back machine. He's a defensive force out there, and has been an efficient offensive player as well.

And he's just 25!!!!

Reaction Score
Also, look where he is on the all-time rebound list – who he's recently passed, and who he'll likely pass before this season's over:

s82CASq.png

He's 25. 25!!!

If he stays healthy and keeps rebounding at this rate through his age 30 season, he'll have ~13,500 career rebounds. Top 15 all-time, a very good chance at ending up third all-time, and a decent chance of becoming just the third player in NBA history (Wilt & Russ) with 20,000+ rebounds.

Best part, though, is that for the past 3 months he's been so much more than just a rebounder/put-back machine. He's a defensive force out there, and has been an efficient offensive player as well.

And he's just 25!!!!
Very good chance he will end up the best rebounder of all-time. Maybe not by the numbers, but when eras are compared, he has a strong argument. He currently has a 24.34 rebound percentage, which is almost a full percentage point more than Rodman who’s second all time.

C

Chief00

s82CASq.png

He's 25. 25!!!

And he's just 25!!!!

Agree, very proud of Dre and happy for his fam.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

s82CASq.png

He's 25. 25!!!

And he's just 25!!!!

I laughed at how many teams passed on him on draft night. For guys who couldn’t dream of having his upside.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
He'll be perpetually underrated on the Pistons. Maybe one day him and kemba will move somewhere people will recognize them.

Reaction Score
Now Blake has missed three games in a row and the Pistons are dangerously close to missing the playoffs. Drummond had 28 pts. (11-16) shooting 19 rebs. and they still got blown out by the Pacers.

Reaction Score
Now Blake has missed three games in a row and the Pistons are dangerously close to missing the playoffs. Drummond had 28 pts. (11-16) shooting 19 rebs. and they still got blown out by the Pacers.

A lot of teams lose to the Pacers

Reaction Score
I feel like Blake maybe should nut up and play, if they miss the playoffs that’s a huge letdown

C

Chief00

Great player, bad team - is such a curse in the NBA. Dre is such a great guy, perhaps Calhoun needs to talk to him about his future and legacy. Dre kind of lives in the present and would benefit from such a discussion.

Reaction Score
He was getting so much hate from the smart corner of NBA journalists and now his name is popping up as a All NBA candidate. Nice to see the public perception changing.

Reaction Score
He was getting so much hate from the smart corner of NBA journalists and now his name is popping up as a All NBA candidate. Nice to see the public perception changing.

Is he really an all-NBA candidate? I have not paid as much attention to the NBA this years as I have in the past, but I find it hard to believe he has any legitimate case as being better than Embiid, Jokic, Towns, or Gobert. I suppose I may just be contesting semantics though.

Reaction Score
Is he really an all-NBA candidate? I have not paid as much attention to the NBA this years as I have in the past, but I find it hard to believe he has any legitimate case as being better than Embiid, Jokic, Towns, or Gobert. I suppose I may just be contesting semantics though.
He's probably in a race with Gobert for the third team. Towns has had a really good second half of the season, but his team's the worst of the bunch, he gets dominated head-to-head by these guys (including 'Dre), and he remains a very bad defender.

Reaction Score
Great player, bad team - is such a curse in the NBA. Dre is such a great guy, perhaps Calhoun needs to talk to him about his future and legacy. Dre kind of lives in the present and would benefit from such a discussion.
Would Dre change the perception of Charlotte???

Reaction Score
Like @Matrim55 said, KAT has been great the second half of the year, but so has Andre. Andre’s eye test defense might not be outstanding, but his stats, ex; steals and blocks, as well as his advanced defensive stats are nothing short of amazing.Him and Gobert will be fighting for 3rd team IMO

Reaction Score
Meanwhile Kemba has gone for 47 and 32 in the last couple of outings.

Reaction Score

You are exactly right. Lowe, for instance, said that Drummond is clearly not a serious candidate but he had been so good recently that good name should at least be mentioned.

C

Chief00

Yeah...if Steph Curry came with him

Charlotte needs a big and another guy who can score off the dribble. Mainly another guy who can score off the dribble.

Just my opinion, and I don’t know contract and salary cap details, but I would think if (and that’s a big If) they played together it would be on the Knicks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom