Drummond (way too early) HOF Bound... | The Boneyard

Drummond (way too early) HOF Bound...

Reaction Score
I know it's way too early but I looked up where Drummond stands in relation to all-time rebounders.

First I was reminded that AD is only 25 and is in his 7th NBA year already.....he was such a pup at UConn.

The top 15 NBA all-time rebounders are all in the HOF or locks (Duncan, Garnett, Howard). #16 is Buck Williams and he isn't in the HOF at 13,007. So let's say Drummond has to get into the top 15 above Shaq (13,099) hypothetically.

AD is at 6,500 at age 25 so he is exactly half way there already. So if he plays 7 more years at the pace of 1K per season (1,200 last year) he'll be 13K at age 32. If he managed to play until 35 he would be at maybe 16K which would put him #5 in Moses Malone territory (16.212). His absolute ceiling is #3 Kareem (17,440) ..........Wilt & Russel both well over 20K so I'll put them out of reach for now :D.

I know this is way premature and depends on health, interest in playing well into 30's, etc but it's pretty amazing the pace he is on. He made the right choice going to NBA after 1 year at UConn for sure. I would say he is a lock HOF at 14K rebounds and he will be half way there at age 25.....keep it going AD.....making UConn proud!!!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
For me, he has the potential to be in the HOF but does he have the personality/drive to keep it going? When he is motivated, he is unstoppable, I still wish he just plays that way every game. Also, getting trash talked and walked all over by Embid is a no-go. When Drummond was snubbed for the all-star game he responded with a 30/20 game or something close. Why can't he do that every game? That's the frustrating part.

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
He’s only making it because the basketball HOF sucks so bad

Reaction Score
Yeah I agree RayRay, I think drive & longevity will be the issue. If Detroit could get another offensive stud to go with Griffin and be a perennial playoff contender I think that would help as well. Lamb might be a good fit ;)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
A lock for the Hall of Fame? He's not even close now and won't get a sniff until his teams win something no matter how many rebounds he gets.

Reaction Score
A lock for the Hall of Fame? He's not even close now and won't get a sniff until his teams win something no matter how many rebounds he gets.
Who said he was close now? I said in 7 years at his pace. If Detroit wins of course that helps but not a requirement. If he's top 10 all time he'll be in.

Reaction Score
Dwight Howard doesn't belong in the Hall of Fame.
Howard will be in.... 3 consecutive NBA finals to start career, 8 all-star games & 13K rebounds.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yes he does.

I’m very far from a Dwight fan, but I think people have forgotten how good he was for an extended period in Orlando.

C

Chief00

He'll be a Hall of Famer when it's all said and done, he's one of the best rebounders ever.

That’s correct. I would love to see him on a team though with real veteran leadership. One thing about Dre is he can be coached and positively influenced. Some great ones don’t need to be taugh how to win (Jordan, Kobie, Bird and Magic come to mind). Others need a little coaching and team environment to develop that mindset. Dre fits into that category.

Reaction Score
Imo it depends on his motivation to play ball after 30. The money is so sick these days and he started so young that by 30 he will be worth waaay over $100mm. But I believe he can be a HOFer.

Reaction Score
If Drummond keeps up with this pace, then he will be in the HOF. Its just unfortuante that outside of Ray near the end of his career, most of our alums in the NBA have gotten stuck on bad/average teams.

C

Chief00

If Drummond keeps up with this pace, then he will be in the HOF. Its just unfortuante that outside of Ray near the end of his career, most of our alums in the NBA have gotten stuck on bad/average teams.

Rip was on some very good Piston teams.

Reaction Score
For me, he has the potential to be in the HOF but does he have the personality/drive to keep it going? When he is motivated, he is unstoppable, I still wish he just plays that way every game. Also, getting trash talked and walked all over by Embid is a no-go. When Drummond was snubbed for the all-star game he responded with a 30/20 game or something close. Why can't he do that every game? That's the frustrating part.
Because it's the regular season and no one goes hard every game except for egomaniac stat sheet stuffers like Russ.

The fact that he doesn't go hard every game and is still avg. 16 rpg is scary.

However, I do wish everyone played as hard as Russ every game, it's just not how the league works. Save the juice for the playoffs.

Reaction Score
Because it's the regular season and no one goes hard every game except for egomaniac stat sheet stuffers like Russ.

The fact that he doesn't go hard every game and is still avg. 16 rpg is scary.

However, I do wish everyone played as hard as Russ every game, it's just not how the league works. Save the juice for the playoffs.

A lot of guys do go very hard all the time. Most players are replaceable and they know this. Often bench bigs have their ethic as their key characteristic. The reason this meme gets perpetuated is because unfortunately a lot of stars do not go hard on defense. Some of this has to do with their offensive burden and mpg but some is lack of accountability.

Drummond does not need to be consistently on winning teams to get into the HOF. Overwhelming stats and all NBA nods >. Being an integral part of many championships is more of a factor for the borderline stat guys.

Reaction Score

He's the definition of a lock.

x3 DPOY
x5 All-NBA 1st Team
x5 NBA rebounding leader
x2 NBA blocked shots leader
x8 All-Star

There are many players who accomplished far, far less in the HOF.

Howard will be in.... 3 consecutive NBA finals to start career, 8 all-star games & 13K rebounds.

Three consecutive NBA Finals?

As for the topic at hand, if Drummond stays healthy and keeps along his projected pace he'll definitely be a HOFer.

Reaction Score
Three consecutive NBA Finals?
Yeah, I screwed that up, lol.....w/Orlando 1 NBA final, 3 consecutive conf semi-finals....Howard still a lock HOF.

Reaction Score
Why can't ge get 30 and 20 every game? Because Wilt Chamberlain is the only guy in history who could do that.

Reaction Score
Why can't ge get 30 and 20 every game? Because Wilt Chamberlain is the only guy in history who could do that.
That was an exaggeration for sure, but watching Andre pretty much every game i can still see large periods of laziness and complacency. Last nights game for example Wendell Carter had something like 17 points on him in the third quarter alone and he looked like he just didn’t care. To take the step from All-Star to All-NBA he needs to recognize this and correct it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom