Drummond returns scholarship to Bradley | The Boneyard

Drummond returns scholarship to Bradley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Drummond's turn to do the right thing. He can afford to pay his way (real soon).

Bradley is still a hero in my book (still paid his first semester).

Linky

Reaction Score
Good for Drummond. If I recall he was never opposed to paying his own way but they had the clear up the confusion about him being a recruited player. Glad to hear that he thinks he'll be back next year!

Reaction Score
What's the most exciting part of this quote?

“I told Mike, `Don’t do that, man. I’ll pay my way and take a scholarship next year.'"
RichZ

Very mature move. Its his fault (and his only) that he was indecisive and 'held out'. Why should Bradley be asked to sacrifice? What's exciting is that he is not transferring to get a schollie, but literally paying for his mistake. This team is filled with likable and really nice kids.

Reaction Score
What's the most exciting part of this quote?

For the record, this is the third "next year" reference that Andre has made. He talked about the major he was going to declare next year, he said that we were going to beat his boy Kris Dunn next year and now he's saying he'll be back on scholarship next year.

However, I'm sure if you dig through the archives you'll find plenty of instances of kids talking about "next year" and then declaring for the draft.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
AD seems like a very nice kid, and a good teamate. Its great to hear there is a possibility in his head that he may play next year (even if its not reality).

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I thought Kara Lawson was crazy when she talked about Drummond paying his own way...

Reaction Score
I think the good karma keeps flowing at UCONN these days. It's a nice change of pace I have to admit- good kids-good chemistry. AD is a great person- MB is a great guy and I agree- still up on a pedestal for what he was willing to do for the team.
How long will it take for ESPN ( I had to stop myself from calling them scum- it's almost got to that point) to post the story- if it was something negative it would be on the home page already. You have to think that after reporting on something that turns out not to be accurate- in great detail- they would want to get the facts out there before other talking heads beat them to it.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Would be awesome to see Andre come back for another year. I don't expect it, and honestly, the kid would have my full support if he declared after this season, because he is clearly ready to move up, but who knows? Maybe he loves college life and wants to become an absolutely dominating force before he leaves?

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
If it doesn't have to do with Tebow or a scandal ... it's not news at this point. Don't expect to see it printed outside this jurisdiction.

Great news though.

Reaction Score
I thought Kara Lawson was crazy when she talked about Drummond paying his own way...

I was thinking the same thing when she made that comment during the game. I felt a little embarrassed for her screwing up the story like that. I actually don't think she's a bad color commentator and now I know she has better sources than I do lol.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Great story. Really puts UConn in a positive light. In the history of college basketball, has the consensus #1 recruit ever been a walk-on?

As for next year, does anyone know how many free scholarships we have next year? There are no seniors on this team that aren't walk-ons are there? The loss of 2 for Nate Miles come back next year. When the scholarships lost due to APR come back?

Reaction Score
Drummond's turn to do the right thing. He can afford to pay his way (real soon).

Bradley is still a hero in my book (still paid his first semester).

Linky
Wonder if Bradley paid an out of state tuition fee while AD paid the in state tuition fee. Just looked it up and it costs 2x as much for out of staters. Wow. The cost of education has skyrocketed since I went to school ....

Reaction Score
Wonder if Bradley paid an out of state tuition fee while AD paid the in state tuition fee. Just looked it up and it costs 2x as much for out of staters. Wow. The cost of education has skyrocketed since I went to school ....

At the very least Bradley should be getting a nice car for his graduation present. ;)

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I was thinking the same thing when she made that comment during the game. I felt a little embarrassed for her screwing up the story like that. I actually don't think she's a bad color commentator and now I know she has better sources than I do lol.
I have a lot of respect for Kara. She really tries to do her homework. Furthermore she has stayed above the fray on the Tennessee UConn problems on the women's side. So when she made that statement that AD was paying his own way I had really scratched my head thinking that wasn't like her. And it wasn't. She had the info and we didn't.

Reaction Score
If I recall he was never opposed to paying his own way but they had the clear up the confusion about him being a recruited player.

A recruited player can always pay his own way. That never was an issue.

Reaction Score
what are the chances ESPN writers a follow up saying Drummond is paying his way?
I just sent an e-mail to Eammon Brennan at ESPN.com and Matt Norlander at CBSSports.com with the links. Let's see if they set the record straight or bury this.

Reaction Score
I guess we should never doubt Kara Lawson. Not for nothing but I think Kara is a terrific commentator, really does her homework and she is smart as a whip. I couldn't stand her when she played for the Vols but she has won me over.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I think we hear about this story throughout the season as the UConn games get broadcast. It's a compelling story and the anti greed story. It should be good pr for UConn going forward. I'm also hoping the apr situation improves and the bad stuff gets further and further behind us.

Reaction Score
Great move on Drummonds part great to see a kid who is a star before he even played a game here be a team player sounds cliche but in this world of me first one and dones kids with this character are rare to see. Whether he wants to stay more then one year well see alot of guys have said they would be back im sure he gets asked about it all the time from the media whats he supposed to say? Its not out of the realm of possibility that he comes back Sullinger stayed for his Sophomore year, its possible but not likely well see.

Reaction Score
A recruited player can always pay his own way. That never was an issue.
Uhmmm....actually, that was exactly the issue. Read the article, and the articles prior to this one discussing how/why Bradley gave up his scholarship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom