Drummond Facial...miss him already! | The Boneyard

Drummond Facial...miss him already!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
After evaluating AD at UConn I always thought he would pretty much instantly be better in the NBA than in college. A lot more spread out. It favors his athleticism.

Reaction Score
You know guys I like the kid......having said that if it didn't piss you off just a little to watch the AD highlight video then you're not a Husky fan.......if he worked that hard for position around the boards vs 6'6 kids he easily would have averaged 16/14 a game....easily maybe more....

I'm glad he gets it now just wished he did last year, a little more!!!

Reaction Score
That was nice. I really wish we had the chance to see this guy develop. Even if he stayed two years im sure there would have been a huge difference in his play this year. We could have used him too since the front court is so thin. Maybe if we didnt have a post season ban, it makes his decision a little harder?

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
If he came back for his sophomore season, he probably averages close to 20 and 15 just based on slight improvements in FT shooting and a real post game. He's probably the number 1 overall pick too.

Having said that, he had no reason to come back even if there was no post season ban.

Reaction Score
You know guys I like the kid......having said that if it didn't piss you off just a little to watch the AD highlight video then you're not a Husky fan.......if he worked that hard for position around the boards vs 6'6 kids he easily would have averaged 16/14 a game....easily maybe more....

I agree.

That's the problem with a one and done (although I imagine one year like Carmelo's or Anthony Davis' would be different!)- you just don't have the time necessary to really watch these kids.

I still get excited for Rudy or CV highlights, and definitely will for Lamb, but Drummond not so much. I'll always root for him, but somehow him being on uconn was like a fuzzy dream.

Reaction Score
I agree.

I still get excited for Rudy or CV highlights, and definitely will for Lamb, but Drummond not so much. I'll always root for him, but somehow him being on uconn was like a fuzzy dream.

How can you get excited for CV highlight's and not AD? CV has fizzled into a fuzzy dream with his play in the NBA. He's also nowhere near as exciting a player. It's not Drummond's fault that he was on an underachieving team, and if Drummond turns out to be good, it will bode well for future big man recruits.

I understand that he had one year where he did not live up to our expectations on a team that did not live up to expectations. However, he left for the right reasons, and will still show loyalty to the program.

Reaction Score

One thing to keep in mind - some coach once said that the best thing about freshman is that they become sophomores. AD has probably been working non-stop on his body and game since last season ended. If he were still in Storrs, he'd probably be a much different player this season.

Reaction Score
How can you get excited for CV highlight's and not AD? CV has fizzled into a fuzzy dream with his play in the NBA. He's also nowhere near as exciting a player. It's not Drummond's fault that he was on an underachieving team, and if Drummond turns out to be good, it will bode well for future big man recruits.

I understand that he had one year where he did not live up to our expectations on a team that did not live up to expectations. However, he left for the right reasons, and will still show loyalty to the program.

I'm not close to the program, so I base my opinions about a lot of the guys from what I watch on tv and sometimes at the games. I don't know who is more likeable as a person.

Drummond seems like a great guy and I will always root for him, but I got to watch Charlie for two years. I also thought it was great watching him develop. When he first committed to uconn, he was pegged to start since he was a top5 recruit nationally. Boone was a better fit (and better player) that year and Charlie was just a good bench player. By the end of his sophmore year, he was playing like a 3rd team AA.

So, I think it's just a matter of time spent watching the player grow and Charlie fit that much better for me than AD.

CV highlights are coming! I can feel it!

Reaction Score
He was a great offensive rebounder at UConn, and he could always block shots, the biggest difference I notice is intensity and maybe playing with guards that really look for him on the pick and roll; i doubt very much he developed a back to the basket game in 6 months, but if he ever does he's going to be an all star. In the end it's two preseason games and there will be regression but it makes me wonder if Drummond wasn't misused when he was here. if he was going to be here 3 or 4 years it makes sense to make him work down low and focus on defensive rebounding so he can improve but in terms of showcasing his talent it's probably the things he's worst at.

Reaction Score
OK- after watching that video, I just realized I like Drummond a lot and that I want to watch more Drummond highlights.

Reaction Score
Am I the only one here who is kind of grossed out by seeing "Drummond facial" everytime I vist the board?

Reaction Score
And yet you click to see it anyway. But, yea I don't think the homoeroticism in sports needs to be this overt.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
One thing to keep in mind - some coach once said that the best thing about freshman is that they become sophomores. AD has probably been working non-stop on his body and game since last season ended. If he were still in Storrs, he'd probably be a much different player this season.

Funny thing - had a friend text me from the airport. He sat next to AD on a flight and said he ate about $20 worth of McDonalds on the way.

Reaction Score
This is one of the players I really didn't care for. I thought he would have done better with the huskies but with Calhoun being out last season it didn't help him or the team. But I wish him luck in the NBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom