Drummond continues to give back to hometown | The Boneyard

Drummond continues to give back to hometown

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Dre is a genuine good guy. He is a wonderful young man. Dre knows his roots and doesn't forget them. I have known him for years now, he is a deep thinker and very sincere.

Remember when you were hanging with 'Dre and #uconnbitches? Even though he was on a plane elsewhere? Good times.

C

Chief00

Remember when you were hanging with 'Dre and #uconnbitches? Even though he was on a plane elsewhere? Good times.
Your insinuation has been debunk - Dre's plans changed - and there was a micommunication. Facey can straighten you out on that.

Reaction Score
Dre is a genuine good guy. He is a wonderful young man. Dre knows his roots and doesn't forget them. I have known him for years now, he is a deep thinker and very sincere.
Your desperation to be relevant has no bounds

C

Chief00

If his plans changed, why were you describing the situation as if you were with him in the present tense?
I have explained and re-explained to you and you are still stuck on _ _ _ _ _ _

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I have explained and re-explained to you and you are still stuck on _ _ _ _ _ _

No, you haven't. Because there is no way to explain your way out of that.

Reaction Score
He has actually taken a lot of heat lately by old friends in Middletown and people involved in ct aau ball for saying that he's a "kid from New York City" in an interview.

C

Chief00

He has actually taken a lot of heat lately by old friends in Middletown and people involved in ct aau ball for saying that he's a "kid from New York City" in an interview.
He is from NY but grew up in Middletown after age 7 or so. NY is a more recognized market - doing this is in part due to branding? The kid's has gotten pretty savvy with that great UConn education of one semester LOL.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
He lived right down the street from me and I remember seeing him dribble the ball in the street a number of times before he was six feet tall and wanted to be a guard. He has great friends here in Middletown and anyone saying something else doesn't know what they are talking about.

Yes, he does have a big heart and cares about a lot of people. His mom raised him right.

Reaction Score
It's great he's giving back, but this is $20,000 ($10,000 of which is his own money). He made $22M this year. Is someone donating half of a percent of a percent really newsworthy? This is the equivalent of someone that makes $100,000 a year donating $45. Obviously I realize his contributions go beyond the money.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
His NYC comments played terribly in AAU circles. He was on a national stage and had to shout out his city and he didn't.

C

Chief00

He lived right down the street from me and I remember seeing him dribble the ball in the street a number of times before he was six feet tall and wanted to be a guard. He has great friends here in Middletown and anyone saying something else doesn't know what they are talking about.

Yes, he does have a big heart and cares about a lot of people. His mom raised him right.

Bill, like you I know Andre and his family. You are 100% correct - they are wonderful people. He has a big heart and his mom did a great job! Unfortunately, for some posters, no matter what he gave it would never enough because they are jealous about his success and income. The number of really bitter people on the BY seems to have grown in the last couple of years. I don't know if it's the relative lack of success of the football and MBB teams, the CT economy or just personal issues? I hope that trend gets reversed.

Reaction Score
Bill, like you I know Andre and his family. You are 100% correct - they are wonderful people. He has a big heart and his mom did a great job! Unfortunately, for some posters, no matter what he gave it would never enough because they are jealous about his success and income. The number of really bitter people on the BY seems to have grown in the last couple of years. I don't know if it's the relative lack of success of the football and MBB teams, the CT economy or just personal issues? I hope that trend gets reversed.
It's pretty much because of you Head bang

Reaction Score
It's great he's giving back, but this is $20,000 ($10,000 of which is his own money). He made $22M this year. Is someone donating half of a percent of a percent really newsworthy? This is the equivalent of someone that makes $100,000 a year donating $45. Obviously I realize his contributions go beyond the money.
It's more about him giving his time and coming back than just the money. Maybe that's all the YMCA asked for. We have no idea what the deal is.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I will add another thing that many don't know about Andre. A good friend of his brother passed away at a young age and Andre gave the family $50,000 to help them out during this difficult time.bvery few knew about it, but it was something he did because he cared for his friend and the family. At the tine he was making his rookie salary.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Mom is/ was a caring nurse, I believe. Good stuff.
The only thing negative I ever heard about Drummond is the he has an Imaginary relationship with Chief. But he says it is only a casual, imaginary friendship.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom