Drummond and Brimah | The Boneyard

Drummond and Brimah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Andre Drummond ‏@AndreDrummondd 21m21 minutes ago
@amidabrimah @ryan_bass_ and I haven't taken a day off in the lab! #BestBiginTheNCAA

CFkLKgEW0AA0iXn.jpg

Reaction Score
For a guy who hadn't been able to live up to expectations in his one year of ball, it's nice seeing him meet NBA expectations and gain more popularity among the UConn base. And, he should market his personality - probably the most entertain big since Shaq.
Enoch has been up multiple times in the last two weeks working with Drummond and Brimah.

Reaction Score
Drummond looks like he's in his 40's!

I'm guessing the other tall guy is Christian Foxen (walk on). He seems taller than his 6'8" height.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Enoch has been up multiple times in the last two weeks working with Drummond and Brimah.
For a second I thought Enosch Wolf, and I got really happy.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

I'm guessing the other tall guy is Christian Foxen (walk on). He seems taller than his 6'8" height.

I have a feeling that the "Silver Fox" will end up being a fan favorite by the end of his time here.

Reaction Score
Is that a selfie or is someone actually in the gym taller than AD?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Andre with the Tom Selleck curly chest hair

Reaction Score
I have a feeling that the "Silver Fox" will end up being a fan favorite by the end of his time here.

Someone posted a picture of Foxen (with Purvis & others) during the Miller visit & Foxen looked much taller than Miller... and Foxen looks tall above here... Can't find that post, but maybe Foxen is taller than 6'8" now? Miller is listed as 6'7". I'm all for a tall walk on. Hopefully he'll get into some games & gets some cheers!

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score

Christian has the potential to contribute down the line.

Reaction Score

That is Foxen. He's not a walk on, just a practice player right now.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
That is Foxen. He's not a walk on, just a practice player right now.

He's listed on ESPN's roster. He's also dressed for games, most notably in PR this past November but I also saw him on the bench in sweats at the conference tourney. Do they do that for practice players?

Reaction Score
He's listed on ESPN's roster. He's also dressed for games, most notably in PR this past November but I also saw him on the bench in sweats at the conference tourney. Do they do that for practice players?

Not listed on the official UConn website roster. The only time he dressed up was when players were hurt. Trust me, he's a practice player. I see him sitting across the bench at every game. But hey, getting the experience for free. I wouldn't be complaining if I was him.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Not listed on the official UConn website roster. The only time he dressed up was when players were hurt. Trust me, he's a practice player. I see him sitting across the bench at every game. But hey, getting the experience for free. I wouldn't be complaining if I was him.

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn...s-taking-on-west-virginia-20141123-story.html

Again, to be dressing for a game and therefore eligible to participate in NCAA competition, he has to be designated as a walk-on. I don't think that the Courant would misreport that.

Reaction Score

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Someone posted a picture of Foxen (with Purvis & others) during the Miller visit & Foxen looked much taller than Miller... and Foxen looks tall above here... Can't find that post, but maybe Foxen is taller than 6'8" now? Miller is listed as 6'7". I'm all for a tall walk on. Hopefully he'll get into some games & gets some cheers!
image1-png.9261

Reaction Score

I don't know all the specifics about walk on or practice player (probably being eligible to appear in games), but seems like Foxen is connected to the team. He's appeared in several photos lately, so to me he seems to be part of the team at least socially. Good for Foxen! You don't need to be an official walk on or practice player to help develop the team, you just need to be a team player & want to help UConn achieve. I'd sign up for that.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
My guess is that given the relatively high amount of upperclassmen in our walk-on system (Lenehan, Amilo, Guest, Ditimi), preference was given to them. Since Amilo is the only one of them left, I believe that Foxen will probably be listed on the official roster from the start of the season alongside him.

Reaction Score
I don't know all the specifics about walk on or practice player (probably being eligible to appear in games), but seems like Foxen is connected to the team. He's appeared in several photos lately, so to me he seems to be part of the team at least socially. Good for Foxen! You don't need to be an official walk on or practice player to help develop the team, you just need to be a team player & want to help UConn achieve. I'd sign up for that.

Yep. I'd sign up for that too. I don't see him ever being an impact player for the team but as long as he's enjoying himself, good for him. Hope to see him get in a few games next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom