Drinking a pint of beer, or a glass of wine a day shrinks your brain? | The Boneyard

Drinking a pint of beer, or a glass of wine a day shrinks your brain?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Link to article

I probably should feel worse about this, but apparently I lack the brain capacity.
All anyone needs to do to verify the article's claim is spend a few hours on the Boneyard. They will find more than sufficient evidence.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
John Cena Face GIF

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So the more we drink, the larger the percentage of our brains we are using. That's great!

Do you want write the article that says “People who drink at least a pint of beer or a glass of wine every day use a larger percentage of their brain.“

The subheading would be “2 pints is even better!“

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Suckers.

Says nothing about a pint of rum.
There’s no study that I am aware of that says that drinking 16 units of alcohol a day, as opposed to one or two units, doesn’t reverse the brain shrinking effect. The problem could be due to the unwillingness of the study participants to fully commit to their alcohol consumption.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
long ago, good research indicated that consuming 1 1/2 ounces per day of alcohol can be a net positive for health for most people. i guess that's a shot, or a tall boy.
periodically, i remind myself of that, and try it, but it never lasts more than a few days, until i wake up and realize that drunk knees or slurred hearing are not for me, just like sweet potatos are never on my menu.
on the other hand, i do have a pantload of buds and babes who drink like fishes, and the only shot they took in the covid thing came in a glass, all the while never keeling over but for a few days in bed.
and, on the other, other hand, the hebrews do have an age old prayer before knocking back a few.
sumbody knows sumthing aboot all this, and it ain't me.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
long ago, good research indicated that consuming 1 1/2 ounces per day of alcohol can be a net positive for health for most people. i guess that's a shot, or a tall boy.
periodically, i remind myself of that, and try it, but it never lasts more than a few days, until i wake up and realize that drunk knees or slurred hearing are not for me, just like sweet potatos are never on my menu.
on the other hand, i do have a pantload of BUDS and babes who drink like fishes, and the only shot they took in the covid thing came in a glass, all the while never keeling over but for a few days in bed.
and, on the other, other hand, the hebrews do have an age old prayer before knocking back a few.
sumbody knows sumthing aboot all this, and it ain't me.

Post/Handle

Reaction Score
The ad i was served in this thread - perfect. If anyone needs proof the phone is always listening here it is - i extended dry January through February in what can i only be called an ill-conceived idea. I’ve been pissing and moaning about it for two weeks.

Attachments

• 9FA2733A-EFEC-46D5-923E-20BEC3425896.jpeg
    9FA2733A-EFEC-46D5-923E-20BEC3425896.jpeg
    524.8 KB · Views: 89

temery

What?
Reaction Score
The ad i was served in this thread - perfect. If anyone needs proof the phone is always listening here it is - i extended dry January through February in what can i only be called an ill-conceived idea. I’ve been pissing and moaning about it for two weeks.

I just got this ad.

A161AD00-FA71-44C2-BF21-D6CC0CE5BAA7.jpeg

Reaction Score
I'm calling BS on that!

Would be catastrophic, though, if something else was shrinking

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members