Drew Brees | The Boneyard

Drew Brees

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Tough to see him go out like this if he has really played his last game. He set the course for undersized QB's in the modern NFL and I still haven't figured out how San Diego gave up on him so easily.

If true, next stop Canton, OH in 5 years.

Reaction Score
Tough to see him go out like this if he has really played his last game. He set the course for undersized QB's in the modern NFL and I still haven't figured out how San Diego gave up on him so easily.

Drew Brees is(was) a good quarterback but IMO is not a Hall of Fame quarterback. It’s the HALL OF FAME, not the hall of good.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yeah, no room for a 5' 10" QB in the HOF. Despite his ring and the fact that he is the ALL TIME NFL passing yardage leader.

Drew Brees is(was) a good quarterback but IMO is not a Hall of Fame quarterback. It’s the HALL OF FAME, not the hall of good.
HOF. Case closed.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

You are correct. Fortunately being in the top 3 of pretty much every passing category puts in him the hall of really freaking excellent, which in a simplified form is called the Hall of Fame. He was way beyond a statistic compiler.
That being said, if he didn't play more than 2/3 of his games indoor or in Tampa every year (8 home game, plus one division game in Atlanta, plus a home game in Tampa every season) I don't think his numbers would be as great. But the same would be said for Peyton Manning playing all his home games indoors in Indy. Or Kurt Warner with the Rams and Cardinals.
You could tell tonight that Brees just doesn't have it anymore. He's the classic 90mph pitcher who lived on the black part of the plate and can no longer paint the corners any more.

Reaction Score
He had some tough picks tonight. Unless you go out winning the Super Bowl, it’s always going to be a tough way to leave . I think he has a season or 2 left in him, if he wants it.

Reaction Score

The reason that San Diego traded him was the crucial injury he sustained that led to the Chargers getting Philip Rivers. If you recall, the Chargers drafted Eli Manning because they were so concerned as to whether Brees would recover fully. Manning had repeatedly said that he wouldn't play for the Chargers beforehand if selected, resulting in the Rivers selection by the Giants & immediate trade with San Diego.

Reaction Score

Tell me your joking, you could make an argument of where he belongs on a list of all-time abs but no question hes a 1st ballot hall of famer.

Reaction Score
The reason that San Diego traded him was the crucial injury he sustained that led to the Chargers getting Philip Rivers. If you recall, the Chargers drafted Eli Manning because they were so concerned as to whether Brees would recover fully. Manning had repeatedly said that he wouldn't play for the Chargers beforehand if selected, resulting in the Rivers selection by the Giants & immediate trade with San Diego.

Rivers sat behind Brees for 2 years. In Rivers rookie season is when Brees had turned a corner. Ironically Brees suffered the shoulder injury the last game of 2005 going into his FA period.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Drew Brees will be in the Hall of Fame in Canton. He will eventually be joined by his two big contemporaries: Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers.

Reaction Score
Brees looked done last night. He will be a first ballot HOFer.
I think he is done as well. The last two seasons he has been in decline. It wasn’t just yesterday. Tough season with the rib injury but he will hang them up.

Reaction Score
With his injuries last few seasons and his body language after the game on top of him and Brady hanging out a little bit after the game I’m guessing he’s done. After the game when he ran back to the tunnel waving to fans he looked like he was getting teary eyed and put his helmet back on. If had to bet on it I bet he retires

Reaction Score
I expect Brees to retire but I’m not so sure he’s necessarily “done”. He’s been hurt this year, so I have trouble judging if his arm is shot like many say or if his ribs just make it look like his arm is finished. Based on his comments that he’ll assess things soon, he may want to take some time to see if his ribs heal up and try whipping the ball around a little before he quits for sure. Personally, I’d want him back for another year or two if I were a Saints fan.

Last edited:

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Lol, this may be the dumbest post I've ever seen here. He is #1 in passing yards, #2 in TD passes, and #5 in QB rating in the history of the game. I am just floored by how stupid your post is. Wow.

Reaction Score
Lol, this may be the dumbest post I've ever seen here. He is #1 in passing yards, #2 in TD passes, and #5 in QB rating in the history of the game. I am just floored by how stupid your post is. Wow.
I’m sorry, I must have missed the memo that said my opinion must align with yours.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
I’m sorry, I must have missed the memo that said my opinion must align with yours.
I didn't say your opinion must align with mine. I simply stated my thoughts on your opinion in this matter.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
HoF, sure. But not top 10 IMHO. Between current HoF QBs and the 5-6 current players who are certain to get in, Brees is probably right in the middle, like around #14-16.

Reaction Score
Huh? He has been an elite QB in the NFL for almost two decades and has a super bowl. He is a lock first ballot HOF. Somewhat easy to overlook him since he was overshadowed by Brady and Peyton during his career, but zero doubt he's a deserving hall of famer.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
HoF, sure. But not top 10 IMHO. Between current HoF QBs and the 5-6 current players who are certain to get in, Brees is probably right in the middle, like around #14-16.
Agreed. I don't think he is Top 10 either, but a lock first ballot HOF pick. If guys like Bradshaw, Namath, and Lynn Swann are in, Brees is a no-brainer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom