Dream @ Mercury - 9/03/17 | The Boneyard

Dream @ Mercury - 9/03/17

Reaction Score
I'm at the game. Mercury warming up wearing the "Texas" shirts they're selling for Houston charity. They changed from donating a "portion" of the proceeds to donating 100%. DT looks ready to play - jumping around, high energy, chewing her gum faster than I've ever seen. Too many Red Bulls for breakfast?

Reaction Score
So BG drops 30 en route to an 84 - 70 win for the Mercury.

I know all the talk about this year's MVP is about Fowles vs. Charles. But c'mon, is there really any a player in the WNBA more valuable to her team than Brittney Griner? Her team went, what, one for five when she was out with the ankle/leg injury?

Remember, its the most valuable player, not the best player. And Phoenix simply is not built to win without the big girl.

Fowles scored five points the Lynx today, by the way.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
chewing her gum faster than I've ever seen

How does she do that without shredding the inside of her cheek!? No, sadly, I'm serious (a rare event to be sure).

Reaction Score
So BG drops 30 en route to an 84 - 70 win for the Mercury.

I know all the talk about this year's MVP is about Fowles vs. Charles. But c'mon, is there really any a player in the WNBA more valuable to her team than Brittney Griner? Her team went, what, one for five when she was out with the ankle/leg injury?

Remember, its the most valuable player, not the best player. And Phoenix simply is not built to win without the big girl.

Fowles scored five points the Lynx today, by the way.

You're not too valuable if you're out for injury for a long stretch. Being an ironwoman is part of the award, imo. If you look back, no player has won MVP playing less than 31 games (in the 34 game era). Griner has only played 26 games.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
You're not too valuable if you're out for injury for a long stretch. Being an ironwoman is part of the award, imo. If you look back, no player has won MVP playing less than 31 games (in the 34 game era). Griner has only played 26 games.
That's the issue. If Brit had played 32-34 games, the vote would be very, very close.

Reaction Score
How does she do that without shredding the inside of her cheek!? No, sadly, I'm serious (a rare event to be sure).
DT's a speed freak - no 'real' gum required. She can't even hold still during the anthem - never could. But she went quiet when the game started, and stayed that way. All of her 9 points came at really key, game-changing times though. Griner looked sluggish in the first half too. But she stayed out of foul trouble and finally figured out they had no one who could guard her. Tiff got frustrated and committed some unsportsmanlike-hard fouls, to the point where the crowd was calling for flagrants or technicals.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom