Dr. Strange... | The Boneyard

Dr. Strange...

Reaction Score
Went to see it last night as Dr. Strange was my favorite comic as a kid. Very good special effects. The actor who play Kubla Kahn in the Marco Polo series on Netflix has a featured role as a sorcerer ally if Dr. Strange. Tilda Swinton was an interesting choice to play The Ancient One. Rachel McAdams as Strange's love interest worked well.
Interesting point about last night's screening. Some of those in the audience must be newbies to the Marvel cinematic universe. Many left as the credits started to roll. More left after the first preview (1 minute into the credits.) Only a handful (myself included) stayed for the second preview, which was the more important of the two for the story line going forward, as a 2nd Dr. Strange movie is planned.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Went to see it last night as Dr. Strange was my favorite comic as a kid. Very good special effects. The actor who play Kubla Kahn in the Marco Polo series on Netflix has a featured role as a sorcerer ally if Dr. Strange. Tilda Swinton was an interesting choice to play The Ancient One. Rachel McAdams as Strange's love interest worked well.
Interesting point about last night's screening. Some of those in the audience must be newbies to the Marvel cinematic universe. Many left as the credits started to roll. More left after the first preview (1 minute into the credits.) Only a handful (myself included) stayed for the second preview, which was the more important of the two for the story line going forward, as a 2nd Dr. Strange movie is planned.
Did you see it in 3D?

Reaction Score
3-d wasn't available in Southington & in Plainville 3-D was showing at an inconvenient time.
I liked it. Story line was okay. Loved the special effects. Could see where they would be spectacular in 3-D.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Looking forward to seeing it. Really like the Marvel movies and Benedict Cumberbatch is a terrific actor. If you haven't seen "Sherlock" you should watch those on Netflix. Really well done.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Marvel just continues to roll and this movie is excellent

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Did you see it in 3D?

I can't watch 3D without getting dizzy. I had to walk out and wait for the non 3D version. For those who can watch 3D, the special effects must be mind blowing.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I saw it last week. Loved it.
So are you a Marvel movie guy? Is this just another hero pict, or something more interesting.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I can't watch 3D without getting dizzy. I had to walk out and wait for the non 3D version. For those who can watch 3D, the special effects must be mind blowing.

Tom if you can see it in Imax or any movie by Marvel, it is unreal

temery

What?
Reaction Score
So are you a Marvel movie guy? Is this just another hero pict, or something more interesting.

Not necessarily Marvel, but I love the genre.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Some do but I saw it without 3D in Imax and it was awesome

I did see the non 3D version. Agreed. Really good movie. I've never watched Sherlock, so this is the first I've seen of Benedict Cumberbatch. He was perfect for the role.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I did see the non 3D version. Agreed. Really good movie. I've never watched Sherlock, so this is the first I've seen of Benedict Cumberbatch. He was perfect for the role.

He really was. Great movie. I really like how they are tying the Marvel universe together.

As for 3D, I use the closed caption glasses so assumed I should avoid 3D, but the lady at the theater said they had 3D things that go over the CC glasses. I still like 2D better in most cases.

Reaction Score
Watched this "on-demand" over the weekend, absolutely loved it. Great effects, great performances. Would have been a good one to see on the large screen. It was well done. Looking forward to a sequel (assuming they are creating one). Definitely worth the watch if you haven't seen it.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Watched this "on-demand" over the weekend, absolutely loved it. Great effects, great performances. Would have been a good one to see on the large screen. It was well done. Looking forward to a sequel (assuming they are creating one). Definitely worth the watch if you haven't seen it.

Did you see the extra scene Marvel adds at the end? I love they way they tie things together. Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is out soon, and I wouldn't be surprised if Dr. Strange makes an appearance.

Reaction Score
Did you see the extra scene Marvel adds at the end? I love they way they tie things together. Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is out soon, and I wouldn't be surprised if Dr. Strange makes an appearance.
Now I need to get caught up on all the Thor movies, as well as The Avengers. I am a late-comer to the MCU movies, so I think I've got a lot to watch.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Now I need to get caught up on all the Thor movies, as well as The Avengers. I am a late-comer to the MCU movies, so I think I've got a lot to watch.

All the movies tie together. The last Captain America was actually an Avengers movie. Iron Man movies too, even Ant Man, where the original Ant Man had connections back to Howard Stark. The first Thor movie lead to the first Avengers movie as well.

Reaction Score
All the movies tie together. The last Captain America was actually an Avengers movie. Iron Man movies too, even Ant Man, where the original Ant Man had connections back to Howard Stark. The first Thor movie lead to the first Avengers movie as well.
In doing a little research, I just found my chronological order to watch all Marvel Movies/shows.... but they didn't have Legion listed.

LINK

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
In doing a little research, I just found my chronological order to watch all Marvel Movies/shows.... but they didn't have Legion listed.

LINK

Legion? What is Legion?

Reaction Score
Legion? What is Legion?
I know it is somehow connected to X-Men, not sure how yet, so part of Marvel, just not sure how it all ties together. I'm getting in to this Marvel world way too late.... but I like it.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I know it is somehow connected to X-Men, not sure how yet, so part of Marvel, just not sure how it all ties together. I'm getting in to this Marvel world way too late.... but I like it.

XMen and Fantastic4 are really in separate universes. Time to catch up. I'd suggest getting up to Guardians at least since the new movie is coming out.

Reaction Score
XMen and Fantastic4 are really in separate universes. Time to catch up. I'd suggest getting up to Guardians at least since the new movie is coming out.

They are in the same comic universe. The Richard's son is a Mutant.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom