Down time in December | The Boneyard

Down time in December

Reaction Score
Tuesday the 19th seems like forever. When I was 7 and adults told us Christmas was only 3 weeks away ; we groaned. Three weeks was an eternity. Like holiday/exams seem now that it’s UConn basketball season. Geno is a healthy 63 year old, he likes this gang, and they’re coming together very fast. Very fast. Not a season to miss...not by a long shot. Winter and it’s UConn Basketball. Worth saying twice.

It’s the best time to watch games from the archives. Been watching during free time on and off all week. Have finished three. Am on a jag right now and I’m firmly back in time...to 2002 through ‘04. Transcendent games that were seen as milestones at the time. In Knoxville in ‘02 before over 24,000 screaming Orange. Summitt not knowing what’s hit her. Dee and Sue own the joint but Swin and Ashja are in peak, game changing form. And watch for the Pride of the Valley, #5, to get significant minutes.

Or at the Alamodome in the Final Four. Going for our 3rd National Title in just 7 years ! We clinic Tennnessee in the semi and get ready for Stacey Dales, coached by Geno’s protege, Sheri Coale. Kara Lawson’s last shot against Sue. Not a game for the faint of heart.

Diana would never go 1 (2?) for 15 and cry on the bench...ever again.

These archived games are perfect for December Down Time.

Reaction Score
If my family weren't so fixated on "The Crown, season 2", that's what I'd be watching tonight. Thanks!

Reaction Score
Tuesday the 19th seems like forever. When I was 7 and adults told us Christmas was only 3 weeks away ; we groaned. Three weeks was an eternity. Like holiday/exams seem now that it’s UConn basketball season. Geno is a healthy 63 year old, he likes this gang, and they’re coming together very fast. Very fast. Not a season to miss...not by a long shot. Winter and it’s UConn Basketball. Worth saying twice.

It’s the best time to watch games from the archives. Been watching during free time on and off all week. Have finished three. Am on a jag right now and I’m firmly back in time...to 2002 through ‘04. Transcendent games that were seen as milestones at the time. In Knoxville in ‘02 before over 24,000 screaming Orange. Summitt not knowing what’s hit her. Dee and Sue own the joint but Swin and Ashja are in peak, game changing form. And watch for the Pride of the Valley, #5, to get significant minutes.

Or at the Alamodome in the Final Four. Going for our 3rd National Title in just 7 years ! We clinic Tennnessee in the semi and get ready for Stacey Dales, coached by Geno’s protege, Sheri Coale. Kara Lawson’s last shot against Sue. Not a game for the faint of heart.

Yea, in those days we thought that was pretty good.:D

Reaction Score
If my family weren't so fixated on "The Crown, season 2", that's what I'd be watching tonight. Thanks!
Gotcha. Let us know how The Crown handles state visits by America’s leaders. My favorite is Truman 1953.

BTW: There is only one network on Tuesday the 19th : CBSSN.

Reaction Score

How does one access these games?

Reaction Score
What is your favorite game in the archive? Mine is 2013 FF vs. ND.
2013 was a watershed year. Kelly Faris’s final season. She never doubted after every one of the 7 losses to Skylar’s Irish. The year Geno said “Now I’ll show you how to win a national championship.”.

All time fave ? Partial to January ‘02 in Knoxville. Diana at her peak ? Hard to pick. Best NC is easy: 1995.

Reaction Score
How does one access these games?
Type in uconnhuskygames in google . Open the first hit. That’s all.

If it’s your first time...start at the beginning. Martin Luther King Day 1995. A snowy Monday in January when it changed forever.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom