Dorka wnba game | The Boneyard

Dorka wnba game

Reaction Score
Did anyone catch the the lynx game yesterday. Dorka looked very confident and comfortable. She is playing like 20+ minutes a game. Had a steal and a fast break lay up. Defense looked good. Hopefully she will make the team. Will see as the season goes. Just curious on everyone thoughts.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I had to laugh when Dorka stole the ball away from that girl and raced from midcourt in for a layup. I don't think she ever did that at UConn. She looked confident out there. BTW, the game highlights were on YouTube.

Reaction Score
Did anyone catch the the lynx game yesterday. Dorka looked very confident and comfortable. She is playing like 20+ minutes a game. Had a steal and a fast break lay up. Defense looked good. Hopefully she will make the team. Will see as the season goes. Just curious on everyone thoughts.
Oh yeah. I watched the game and was very excited for Dorka. Dorka is looking confident and comfortable. I totally agree with you. I think she will make the roster. Dorka has the height, length, and other intangibles that make her a great fit for the Lynx. She is ready for the WNBA and will only get better with minutes.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I had to laugh when Dorka stole the ball away from that girl and raced from midcourt in for a layup. I don't think she ever did that at UConn. She looked confident out there. BTW, the game highlights were on YouTube.
You should have hauled them over here!

Reaction Score
She looks ready. No way she doesn't make this roster. She fits this system so well as the Lynx deviates from having a big imposing center like Fowles and goes towards Dantas and Dorka who are tall, can make perimeter shots and let the guards go off in the paint. She has a really good fit where she is.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I think Minnesota has only 2 centers, Dorka and Dantas. She should get lots of playing time.
No, they also have a 6-5 center from Serbia named Milic. She did not play in the most recent game, along with Napheesa and other obvious starters. To me, that suggests that a decision has already been made about Milic's roster status, either to keep her or to cut her, whereas Dorka is "on the bubble" and is still being evaluated.

Milic looked pretty good to me in the Lynx games that I saw last summer. It seems unlikely that both she and Dorka will be retained.

On a somewhat related note, it appears that the Ct Sun have Lauren Cox in their camp. She must have arrived since their exhibition game against the Liberty. So probably she and Liv will be competing for one slot on the Sun roster. I would give the edge to Liv in that contest.

Reaction Score
No, they also have a 6-5 center from Serbia named Milic. She did not play in the most recent game, along with Napheesa and other obvious starters. To me, that suggests that a decision has already been made about Milic's roster status, either to keep her or to cut her, whereas Dorka is "on the bubble" and is still being evaluated.

Milic looked pretty good to me in the Lynx games that I saw last summer. It seems unlikely that both she and Dorka will be retained.

On a somewhat related note, it appears that the Ct Sun have Lauren Cox in their camp. She must have arrived since their exhibition game against the Liberty. So probably she and Liv will be competing for one slot on the Sun roster. I would give the edge to Liv in that contest.
Milic didn’t play because she has just gotten back from Europe commitments the day before as likely wasn’t yet cleared to play, not because she’s a lock like Napheesa. Now idk if she will make the team or but most Lynx media seem to think she’s most likely be cut.

Reaction Score
Milic is 6'3" not 6'5" and she only had 93 rebounds in 31 games last season. Dorka, at this point, is almost a sure thing to make this roster. Brea Beal is probaby hanging on by her finger tips. Taylor Soule, a 3rd round pick, is looking good and will likely make the roster ahead of Milic. I liked Milic last year too but the Lynx lost and are shaking up their roster and their system. I am not clear how Milic will fit in with the new 5-out offense. Dorka passes, steals, drives, and rebounds... a lot.

Reaction Score
Milic is 6'3" not 6'5" and she only had 93 rebounds in 31 games last season. Dorka, at this point, is almost a sure thing to make this roster. Brea Beal is probaby hanging on by her finger tips. Taylor Soule, a 3rd round pick, is looking good and will likely make the roster ahead of Milic. I liked Milic last year too but the Lynx lost and are shaking up their roster and their system. I am not clear how Milic will fit in with the new 5-out offense. Dorka passes, steals, drives, and rebounds... a lot.

Soule really impressed me Saturday. She's going to make things difficult for the coaches when it comes to cuts.

Dorka looked great and very comfortable. My only complaint was the scoreboard itself. For some reason they couldn't spell her name. Question marks showed up for a couple letters....bizarre and probably the only embarrassing thing I saw that whole game.

Reaction Score
Screenshot_20230518_135715_Instagram.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom