Dorka & Caroline send Christyn some gifts | The Boneyard

Dorka & Caroline send Christyn some gifts

Reaction Score
1C837923-BAF6-4B80-AF1D-23EEF687DFAA.jpg

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
If you are motivated enough to start a thread, how about taking the time to get their names correct?
I was gonna dislike your post because typos happen, but two out of three ain't good.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I was gonna dislike your post because typos happen, but two out of three ain't good.
True, but for what it’s worth, this is a part of the reason why people default to abbreviations. They are faster and less likely to result in someone fire off a broadside at you.

@Jibariqua, thanks for posting. It’s nice to see how these kids care about each other.

Reaction Score
I'll just go with Doraline next time so that takes care of 2 of the names.
I can easily overlook some gooofs. The OP title is better than DJ and CD send CW some gifts. (Oops, we're done with right right?)

CL82

Reaction Score
I can easily overlook some gooofs. The OP title is better than DJ and CD send CW some gifts. (Oops, we're done with right right?)
Are we though?

Reaction Score
True, but for what it’s worth, this is a part of the reason why people default to abbreviations. They are faster and less likely to result in someone fire off a broadside at you.

@Jibariqua, thanks for posting. It’s nice to see how these kids care about each other.
For every letter of the alphabet there must he 10,000 abreviations. Each industry has their own and many overlap. Uconn has how many CD's? Only one true CD that comes to mind Ms Dailey. If you stay with in the current CD's you may get your point across. Good writing practices dictated that you identify the abbreviation with the abbreviation then use it.

CL82

Reaction Score
For every letter of the alphabet there must he 10,000 abreviations. Each industry has their own and many overlap. Uconn has how many CD's? Only one true CD that comes to mind Ms Dailey. If you stay with in the current CD's you may get your point across. Good writing practices dictated that you identify the abbreviation with the abbreviation then use it.
Well, we have four CDs, with Caroline Ducharme being the current one. (For what it’s worth, I wrote that as CD.4 without the period and it will auto correct to Caroline‘s full name. That’s a great example of how the site can resolve this issue, if it wants to. I got the sense that Tom is considering this, but it’s time consuming.)

In any event, “good writing practices” are not monolithic. What is appropriate in a legal brief or a medical journal would be out of place in a thank you note. Good writers understand their audience and modify their writing style accordingly. Just an FYI.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom