Dorka - achieve WNBA dreams and make home country of Hungary proud | The Boneyard

Dorka - achieve WNBA dreams and make home country of Hungary proud

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
"Juhász is familiar with Mühl’s game and even spoke to her about joining Ohio State back when Mühl was getting recruited there."

"She heard stories, too, from Ohio State assistant Tamika (Williams) Jeter about her time as a Husky and how coach Geno Auriemma is tough, sarcastic but pushes players to be the best they can be — exactly what Juhász wanted in her next school."

"Juhász will make an important stop before heading to Storrs and officially becoming a Husky: Next Friday, she’ll finally return home for the first time since last summer after being separated from her family for nearly a year due to the COVID-19 pandemic. She’ll spend about a month there, getting some reps in at a Hungarian national team practice camp before starting her next chapter at UConn."

"Juhász, a 6-foot-4 forward, comes from a big basketball family, her mother, Hajnalka Balazs, was one of Hungary’s best players during her prime. Juhász’s dad, now a pediatric surgeon, was on a practice squad facing off against Balazs’s team when they first met. As Juhász grew up in a big basketball town of Pecs, family talks at the dinner table largely circled around the sport, Balazs offering feedback and pushing Juhász to improve while still “always very, very supportive.”

HHH

Hartford Hall Husky
Reaction Score
Welcome to The University of Connecticut Dorka Juhász!
  • While we’re sad for you that things didn’t work out at OSU, we’re ecstatic that you’ve decided to give UConn a try. We’re sure that “Mama E” won’t mind having another Big to feed (especially on the court!) and that the team will make you feel right at home.

• At UConn you’ll have the opportunity to play with a couple of generational-type ballers in Paige and Azzi, something only a few players will ever get to experience in their lifetimes, and we’re sure you’ll make the most of it. One thing to keep in mind is that when you least expect a pass from these guys, that’s probably when it’s coming, so heads-up! Another is that if Paige always tells you to shoot, you might want to check with Coach first (even if Nika says that’s not really necessary…LOL! ;-).

• Google Maps says you’ll be moving 686 miles closer to home! Yay! It also says that Pécs, Hungary (your hometown) is only about a 3 hour drive from Zagreb, Croatia (Nika’s hometown), so you may even have a built-in travelling companion on the team!
Looking forward to your arrival…Cheers to a great collaboration!

Reaction Score
Welcome to The University of Connecticut Dorka Juhász!
  • While we’re sad for you that things didn’t work out at OSU, we’re ecstatic that you’ve decided to give UConn a try. We’re sure that “Mama E” won’t mind having another Big to feed (especially on the court!) and that the team will make you feel right at home.

• At UConn you’ll have the opportunity to play with a couple of generational-type ballers in Paige and Azzi, something only a few players will ever get to experience in their lifetimes, and we’re sure you’ll make the most of it. One thing to keep in mind is that when you least expect a pass from these guys, that’s probably when it’s coming, so heads-up! Another is that if Paige always tells you to shoot, you might want to check with Coach first (even if Nika says that’s not really necessary…LOL! ;-).

• Google Maps says you’ll be moving 686 miles closer to home! Yay! It also says that Pécs, Hungary (your hometown) is only about a 3 hour drive from Zagreb, Croatia (Nika’s hometown), so you may even have a built-in travelling companion on the team!
Looking forward to your arrival…Cheers to a great collaboration!
Things did work ok at OSU... she just graduated in 3 years.

HHH

Hartford Hall Husky
Reaction Score
Things did work ok at OSU... she just graduated in 3 years.

I was thinking of the following quote from this article:

But the postseason ban last season was specifically difficult for Juhasz and the team as a whole, and it did have a role in the forward’s decision to move on.

“It was super hard. I think it was hard on all of us,” Juhasz said of the ban. “I’ve been here for three years, but I haven’t been to the NCAA tournament once, so obviously that played a factor. It wasn’t the biggest factor, but that also played a factor just not being able to get there. It kind of left emptiness inside of me just not being able to compete at the national level for three years, that definitely played a little role. Obviously it wasn’t the main factor why I left, but yeah, definitely played a little role in it.”

If OSU had been allowed to play in the NCAAT, and they were able to make some noise, and Dorka thought they could do it again over the next couple of years, I think it’s possible she may have liked to stay with her current teammates and friends. Having said that, if she could have known that UConn would take such a keen interest in her, I’m sure that would have made the decision to enter the Transfer Portal a little easier….

HHH

Hartford Hall Husky
Reaction Score
So... Dorka is a Hungary Husky?

You could call her that. Just don’t call her -- all together now -- late for dinner! ?️

Reaction Score
So... Dorka is a Hungary Husky?
Wasn't that N.D., S.C., Bay. and Stan. in her breakfast bowl?
Lets Eat Thanksgiving GIF by Gone to the Snow Dogs

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom