Dorka - 2023 WNBA Mock Draft from LINES | The Boneyard

Dorka - 2023 WNBA Mock Draft from LINES

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
The LINES is your trusted ;):rolleyes: global authority on all things betting, including odds, tips, and picks across all of your favorite sports around the world.
Lines has Dorka being selected in the WNBA draft at #10 by Connecticut. Griffin at 28 by the Lynx!. Maddy at #13! Park-Lane at 16!

MdStang

Greetings From Geezerville
Reaction Score
The LINES is your trusted ;):rolleyes: global authority on all things betting, including odds, tips, and picks across all of your favorite sports around the world.
Lines has Dorka being selected in the WNBA draft at #10 by Connecticut. Griffin at 28 by the Lynx!. Maddy at #13! Park-Lane at 16!
Joens at #2? A great player but no way she is drafted ahead of Diamond Miller or Haley Jones.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Joens at #2? A great player but no way she is drafted ahead of Diamond Miller or Haley Jones.
So ask for the odds and place you bet against Joens at #2! You should win a bundle as you say no way she is drafted at #2. ;)

Reaction Score
That is an improvement for Dorka who I think was in the 16 range previously. Of course Geno said he thought 5-6. Interesting that she is higher than where Liv was drafted as well.

In general, both for Dorka and Aubrey these rankings don't show much concern for their ability to recover from their respective injury issues. I am not worried at all about Dorka, and seeing Aubrey doing weight training in a few clips is encouraging as well. In Aubrey's case I am pretty optimistic, so far so good, but want to see the further anticipated recovery before feeling really confident.

Reaction Score
I don't think Aubrey will be in the 2023 draft. She may not be in the draft until 2025.
A possibility for sure. Aubrey and Paige will both have interesting decisions to make in the future. Both could play a year past what they originally thought would be their last year.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
A possibility for sure. Aubrey and Paige will both have interesting decisions to make in the future. Both could play a year past what they originally thought would be their last year.
Pretty confident Paige isn’t going to turn pro this year. If Aubrey were to have a WNBA career, it likely means that she had one heck of a season. I’m all in for that. I suspect Aubrey has at least one more year of college basketball assuming that she is fully healed up.

Reaction Score
I love the thought of Park-Lane in the W. If she can make it work at that level, I'd pay to see it. The kid has some magic.

I don't see Joens at #2 either. I'd expect to see Haley Jones at #2. I also don't see Miller and Owusu at 5 & 6 -- Miller because she's too fragile, Owusu doesn't quite have the skills yet.

I'm surprised they List Dorka as a PF at 6'4". She looks to be 6'5" -- at least as tall as Olivia -- and more like a C.

Reaction Score
I also suspect that Kitley will not go at #4, and may not even make the cut at all even if she is drafted early. She has a similar game to Cunane, who also didn't make the cut. I like Dorka better than both of them. Cunane has better post moves, but both she and Kitley could fall asleep in the paint. Dorka is a rather more energetic player than either of them.

Reaction Score
Aubrey needs to fine tune her offense and develop more guard skills to succeed at the next level. She wont be able to guard 4's,5's in the WNBA but she will be a lock down defender. If she can work on her outside shot she could be the next 3D player ala Gabby and Alysha Clark.

Reaction Score
I'm so confused because I think that Jordan Horston could be one of the top pro prospects in this draft.
Agreed her size will help her at the next level with her playmaking. If she gets drafted to the right franchise with good development she can be player in the league and in the running for ROY. Control the ball a little better but she's not a PG shes best at SF the way she rebounds , defends , scores and passes the ball. Top 4 Pick .

Reaction Score
I really liked Cunane and was really surprised that she fell out of the first round and even more surprised when she didn't make Seattle's roster when they had some injuries in the front court to start the season. I like Kitley a lot as well. She dropped 40+ in their tournament game last year and scored in a lot of different ways.
I agree that Dorka is a better rebounder. I would really not be surprised if she averages around 10 this season given a lot of minutes. I went to the UCLA game and as u said her energy was something to watch. She had like 16 rebounds that game but it wasn't just the rebounds. She just seemed like she was making a lot of effort plays. I do worry about her offensively, both catching and finishing. I've rewatched some games from this past season and she had some where she struggled a lot finishing through contact, even against smaller defenders. But I'm a fan, really glad she's part of the team and hope she can reach Geno's expectations.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I'm so confused because I think that Jordan Horston could be one of the top pro prospects in this draft.
Needs to improve decision making and shot selection but based on skill and athleticism she's a surefire top 10 pick. Players with her athleticism and skill set are far and few between.

Rickea Jackson and Tamari Key should also be much higher than they're projected on this list. Natural physical gifts (size/length/athleticism) go a long way in the pros even if they're less critical for success at the collegiate level.

Reaction Score
The April 2nd version of the list shows Lou and Dorka being selected in the first round. That would be very exciting. Since players like Jackson and Kitley are staying on at Tenn and Virginia Tech, respectively, that increases the opportunities for our players.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom