Doris, Kara, Rebecca, et al. | The Boneyard

Doris, Kara, Rebecca, et al.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I just wanted to take the time to comment on how Doris, Kara, Rebecca, et al were coming to Geno's defense tonight and commenting on what a class act he is, in response to the classless, inappropriate, sour comments of one Muffett McGraw. While watching the game and listening to them defend Geno's character I was not only impressed by their words but I was disappointed and angry with Muffet.

Last year Kim Mulkey ran her mouth off and was called on it by the NCAA. Maybe the NCAA should look at the behavior of one Ms. Muffet and knock her down on her Tuffet, because her comments were uncalled for, unfounded, and disrespectful of a great Man.

Shame on you Muffet! Shame!

Reaction Score
I just wanted to take the time to comment on how Doris, Kara, Rebecca, et al were coming to Geno's defense tonight and commenting on what a class act he is, in response to the classless, inappropriate, sour comments of one Muffett McGraw. While watching the game and listening to them defend Geno's character I was not only impressed by their words but I was disappointed and angry with Muffet.

Last year Kim Mulkey ran her mouth off and was called on it by the NCAA. Maybe the NCAA should look at the behavior of one Ms. Muffet and knock her down on her Tuffet, because her comments were uncalled for, unfounded, and disrespectful of a great Man.

Shame on you Muffet! Shame!
I did notice that. He is not 100% lily white in this whole thing, but Muffet has been impossible-to-ignore disrespectful and Geno has managed to charm the media (including Doris-Rebecca-Kara-et al). Mulkey complained about the refs last year. Don't think the NCAA has anything to penalize Muffet for, but think she has been knocked off her tuffet quite nicely just the same.

Reaction Score
Muffet has 1 National Championship and acted disrespectful toward the Player of the Year. Geno has 9 National Championships and applauded when Muffet got her award. I KNEW Geno would make sure UConn won by 20 last night, just to put her in her place.

Reaction Score
So in her post-game presser she said she told Geno after the game that it was like playing the Miami Heat - all he was missing was LaBron. Weren't our key players in this game pretty much the exact same ones she beat 3 times last year? So what changed all of a sudden to make UCONN so Heat-like THIS time?

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
So in her post-game presser she said she told Geno after the game that it was like playing the Miami Heat - all he was missing was LaBron. Weren't our key players in this game pretty much the exact same ones she beat 3 times last year? So what changed all of a sudden to make UCONN so Heat-like THIS time?

I don't recall what Stef's line was in last year's NC game but she was definitely hobbled. There were times where I wondered if Geno was going to have to pull her, she was laboring so hard with the leg and foot issues. But last night, we saw 100% Grade A certified Dolson taking the floor. There was a difference! And Stokes filling in really well, too. Not sure she had an impact last year. (Would have to check the box score again.)

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I think the UConn players were more motivated by the Verbal War Muffet started with Geno. Didn't have the desired impact.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I think the UConn players were more motivated by the Verbal War Muffet started with Geno. Didn't have the desired impact.

Without a doubt
It unnerved Notre Dame's kids
And stimulated the (sometimes missing) blood lust in our's

Reaction Score
Was watching the interview, of KML, Stef, Stewie, one reporter said I heard last night about the game, Stewie told you I got your back, meaning you were going to win. Stef said she knew her team mates had her back all season. Stewie has said on a number of occasions, there's only one way for the Senior's to go out, and that's with the National Championship. Stewie choose UConn because its the only place she could have gone, and not been pigeonholed into a specific position on the floor. With Geno, and UConn Stewie has the opportunity to be the best player she can be, and the next 2 years, she will get so much better. Everyone lets enjoy the ride, in 20 years we may look back on this, and tell people we watched the moments, when Women's basketball took off.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Muffett comments didn't motivate the players... they were going for the jugular because it was Notre Dame and it was for the National Championship!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom