Doris and Dave's Wrap-up and Gabby's Hug From Geno | The Boneyard

Doris and Dave's Wrap-up and Gabby's Hug From Geno

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
So now we have had two, count them, two(!) post-game hugs from Geno this year. One for Danger and now one for Gabby.

In my recollection this is exceedingly rare. Heck, even Kelly Faris only got a chest bump on a day that she was close to Wonder Woman. In recent years at least, Geno generally does not hand out oncourt hugs until the waning moments of the NC game, for seniors at that.

Having said this, I think Geno recognized that both Danger and Gabby had turned in truly special performances, even by UCONN standards, not because they exceeded--on an absolute level--anything that Maya or Dee or Breanna ever did but because of the how much they got out of themselves. That's what earns his respect more than anything.

Last edited:

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
So now we have had two, count them, two(!) post-game hugs from Geno this year. One for Danger and now one for Gabby.

In my recollection this is exceedingly rare. Heck, even Kelly Faris only got a chest bump on a day that she was close to Wonder Woman. In recent years at least, Geno generally does not hand out oncourt hugs until the waning moments of the NC game, for seniors at that.

Having said this, I think Geno recognized that both Danger and Gabby had turned in truly special performances, even by UCONN standards, not because they exceeded--on an absolute level--anything that Maya or Dee or Breanna ever did but because of the how much they got out of themselves. That's what earns his respect more than anything.
or Geno is babying them... as Jeff was talking about! :rolleyes:

Siestakeyfan

Sailing at Block Island Race Week
Reaction Score

Nice Post !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog