D'Orange---Mediocre till March | The Boneyard

D'Orange---Mediocre till March

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Isn't there already a post from a few months ago saying how horrible Cuse is that got 80+ likes but hasn't aged well? Might as well piss off the Gods and hand them a Final 4 with another mocking post. Never poke the dude who's already won that day's fight.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Can't help but think what they'd be like if McNamara had managed to land AJax instead of us. With his length, quickness and leaping ability, Andre would've been an absolute beast playing in a 2-3, and possibly fewer dumb fouls.

Reaction Score
A whine....

Ohhh...they play a defense we don't see...well tough .

Even conference mate FSU only has seen Cuse just once a season..actually only twice in three seasons. You can't really prepare for a defense that you see once a year.

Or...we don't play teams that shoot 30 three pointers from a spread.......

Or....the switching man press defense with such big guys is not something we see and can't really prepare for......man up, it's basketball.

Reaction Score
Omgggg You guys bring up Syracuse so much in the yard. Maybe we should pause until we can do better. They've out performed Uconn over last few years. #SyracuseFinalFour

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
The most successful coach all-time vs Cuse's 2-3 is Jamie Dixon (15-6 in BE/ACC vs Cuse). Dixon knew he'd be facing Cuse once or twice each year and had his guys practice vs the 2-3 in preseason.

Hopefully Sampson surfs the web for stuff like this.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Can't help but think what they'd be like if McNamara had managed to land AJax instead of us. With his length, quickness and leaping ability, Andre would've been an absolute beast playing in a 2-3, and possibly fewer dumb fouls.
Would we have gotten Richmond in n that case? How might that have played out? How much does it matter?

I'll be well-fed and in company when I watch the Syracuse-Houston game tonight w/an Orange fan alum.

When I first saw the brackets with UConn and Georgetown in the "Eastern" Region, I thought that better distribution for the 4-bid Big East would have been UConn swapping the 7-seed slot with Clemson. For those who think that the brackets are built w/devilish (or interesting, if you prefer) match-ups in mind, this could have resulted in facing B1G/ex-BE Rutgers in the first round, former-ACC rival Houston in the second round, and then ex-BE rival Syracuse in the Sweet 16. Would probably have been good for ratings with justifiable metrics to go along with good narratives.And I'd have entered the Tourney thinking that we could win all 3 or lose any of them.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Delete this thread. You're embarrassing UConn.
I'm neither embarrassed nor threatened by this thread. If it weren't for intending to visit my friend, I probably wouldn't even read it. He'll like it.

And, while not a huge challenge, I've already shifted his WBB interest from Orange to Huskies. MBB is a long-term project, probably tough for someone who attended when Pearl Washington played, but he's got a UConn MBA

Reaction Score
I'm neither embarrassed nor threatened by this thread. If it weren't for intending to visit my friend, I probably wouldn't even read it. He'll like it.

And, while not a huge challenge, I've already shifted his WBB interest from Orange to Huskies. MBB is a long-term project, probably tough for someone who attended when Pearl Washington played, but he's got a UConn MBA
We look like morons when we have threads continually bashing Syracuse while they are enjoying a Sweet 16 run and our season is over.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
We look like morons when we have threads continually bashing Syracuse while they are enjoying a Sweet 16 run and our season is over.
You keep using pronouns other than I, even though it seems pretty clear you're speaking for yourself. I suppose you have you have your reasons, but I can't go along.

Reaction Score
You keep using pronouns other than I, even though it seems pretty clear you're speaking for yourself. I suppose you have you have your reasons, but I can't go along.

k

Reaction Score
The banners in the rafters say otherwise

Reaction Score
That guy must read this board. We already know that a middle rung team like Syracuse will usually be good enough to get into the tourney with a record barely over .500 in the ACC.

Their style of play will confuse a lot of teams and that mediocre team will win a couple of games, but as the better, more athletic teams move on, their 2-3 zone becomes less affective.

In the end, they'll celebrate getting there, but they won't ever win another title with JB at the helm, unless another Melo type guy comes along and their recruiting of late has been abysmal.

It's more sad than prestigous and only serves to pull the rug from underneath the kool aid absurd fan base. I love it.

Reaction Score
Delete this thread. You're embarrassing UConn.
Isn't there already a post from a few months ago saying how horrible Cuse is that got 80+ likes but hasn't aged well? Might as well piss off the Gods and hand them a Final 4 with another mocking post. Never poke the dude who's already won that day's fight.
This was a post of a puff piece on Yahoo and fit with lots of posts here about how the zone works to their advantage in the tournament.

If that's embarrassing, let Yahoo know why you believe that to be true, and as far as other posts go, I felt this summed up the "world" view of a team that many here believe is only successful in March because they use a defense few teams face in this day and time.

And it looks as if God doesn't like the zone either based on the beat down they got from an AAC team.

Reaction Score
Didn't read the article, but I'd say Cuse getting 45 and 42 points just from 3s in the games they won was probably more responsible than the zone. 68 teams made the tournament and you can count on one hand the number of teams that wouldn't make the sweet 16 if they got 40+ points from 3 in each game.

Reaction Score
Why people obsess over those clowns is beyond me. Rival or not, we hardly see them anymore.
It’s embarrassing to just throw out excuses for why we haven’t down squat in 6 years, while they’ve seen the 2nd weekend any number of times, gimmick defense or not. It’s ok to admit they’ve done better if it helps you sleep at night.
Let’s worry about our own failures instead of acting like jealous exes cause our old bf is doing well.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Go watch youtube clips then. We haven't won an NCAA tournament game since 2016 and Cuse has made two Sweet 16s.
Yet in the long run who has had enjoyed more success?
The answer is Tyler, Shabazz, Giffs et al. they are 2>1
UConn is 4>1

Reaction Score
Yet in the long run who has had enjoyed more success?
The answer is Tyler, Shabazz, Giffs et al. they are 2>1
UConn is 4>1
Enjoy your YouTube experience then. I prefer to watch UConn win in real time while also enjoying the history.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom