Dook's frontcourt getting run over | The Boneyard

Dook's frontcourt getting run over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kansas frontcourt of Robinson and Withey is running over the plumlees and the rest of Dook. Both should have double doubles at the end of the game

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
The Plumlee brothers are THE softest, most overrated "big" "men" in the country. I've been saying his since the beginning of last season. Watch what happens when they play UNC. All you need to do to beat Duke is play strong perimeter defense and/or have Duke shoot poorly from 3.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
my 2 cents on duke: this is not a hate puke rant....

1) curry is a shooter just like his older bro. hes going to get nba scouts buzzing eventually, he will have to be a pg in the league tho.

2)fryan kelly. he is a little farther along tyler olander type player i think. i see olander with more upside and more muscle but the games are alike. without kelly, duke doesn't keep it together, kid makes hustle plays, takes good shots and hits the boards. hope olander looks something like him by the end of this year.

3)plum family is soft yes. but what really gets me is that some 1 in the duke weight room told them they are great so they get on the court with tough guy faces and try to act buff.

4)unc/uconn/cuse/kansas/uk and other teams with legit lenght are going to smoke duke if duke doesn't shoot 40%+ from 3 in games.

5) rivers is quickly putting a nice game together. i don't like the way he kicks his legs around when he shoots but he does look good. if he keeps getting better=1ndone.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
oh and the kansas bigs smell how weak the plums are all day. everytime they are within 8 ft of the basket they are looking to smash rim.

caw

Reaction Score
2)fryan kelly. hope olander looks something like him by the end of this year.

I hope not, I don't wish that fugliness on anyone.

To your point though, Kelley has a bit more of a 3's game, Tyler a 4's. I mean Kelley is pretty weak on the boards and dribbles better.

Also, Kansas guards are just chucking knowing their bigs are going to clean glass.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
and duke bails themselves out with crazy 3's. bullpoop as usual. refs missed a reach foul and then 2 travels. duke always wins.

caw

Reaction Score
Horrid no call on the travel, just awful. Should have been KU ball with about 24 to go and down 2.

Reaction Score
Disgraceful that in a game between two reputedly top programs, one of them basically plays like a mid-major, gets half of their points on 3's, and wins.

Also, Tyshawn Taylor is a loser, in the Jerome Dyson category. 11 turnovers, my goodness.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
lmfao at this coack k interview. you played 6 games in 11 days or something like that lol. how tough etc...

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Horrible performance by Tyshawn Taylor, just awful. Robinson was fatigued the last five minutes and couldn't make up for Taylor's extremely poor play. That being said, Dook needed the zebras and a couple of fortunate 3s to bail themselves out

Reaction Score
off topic but what happened to the board, only 5 posts per page now?

Reaction Score
lmfao at this coack k interview. you played 6 games in 11 days or something like that lol. how tough etc...

I was thinking the same thing...what could be worse than playing a game every other day in a tropical paradise? Maybe playing a game everyday? At the end of the season when guys are more worn out.

Reaction Score
Thomas Robinson is a monster. Duke got bailed out by some lucky 3's and calls.

Reaction Score
Kelly has become a really good player, Miles sucks and Mason has his moments

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
I was thinking the same thing...what could be worse than playing a game every other day in a tropical paradise? Maybe playing a game everyday? At the end of the season when guys are more worn out.

I mean at leas they didn't have to play Georgetown, Pitt, Cuse and Louisville in consecutive days.

Oh wait...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
duke played 3 games in 3 days(because its a fuucking tney...) vs tenn/mich/kan. thats a tough 3 days i'll give them that but no tougher than what we did in maui last year. or duke played 7 games in 12 days. 3 of them were give mes that they let teams hang around. the point isn't that im ripping duke. they have a great ooc now with maui+msu. it was just to funny that who ever was giving that interview wated to make that the best thing ever in college basketball. not to mention how they won 2nights game.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Must be tough for those college kids to play basketball games in consecutive days early in the season when they aren't coming off of the grind of a full season :)

And also, by the nature of the tournament, their opponent in the finals was going to have to do the same thing. So they played a team that was also playing their 3rd game in as many days. So it doesn't really matter nearly as much.

Reaction Score
Why drag Jerome into a discussion about Duke. He's gone and a lot of folks liked him enough he was'nt all bad.

Reaction Score
I know this pains most of you but Duke is pretty good.

Reaction Score
Duke looks like a pretty nice team but honestly why are we spending all this time talking and hating on them. If we played them now I think we win, if we play them a few months from now we beat the crap out of them. Let's dedicate more time to teams like Kentucky, UNC and Cuse...teams that are actual threats to prevent a repeat.

Reaction Score
Duke looks like a pretty nice team . . . If we played them now I think we win, if we play them a few months from now we beat the crap out of them.
I'm not nearly as confident as you.
Dook is very good from the 3. I'd guess they're the best in the country at getting looks and then hitting them. They are also extremely well coached. If you watched the Dook/KU game last night what was very obvious was that KU was sloppy and Dook was not. That was the difference in the game. KU had more talent on the floor, but Dook made a lot fewer mistakes.
Almost half of Dook's shots were 3s. They hit 44%. They only hit 33% of 2s. If you know they're keying on the 3, and you're as athletic as KU, you should be able to defend the 3 better than that.

Everybody should take note. Hitting 44% of your 3s when every other shot is a 3 is a good way to beat any team in the country, including UConn. Don't write it off as luck. They shoot that well. If they had any kind of a front court they would be the #1 team in the country right now, IMO.

It seems pretty obvious that the way to beat Dook is to take away the 3. You better bring your A defensive game, you better commit to getting out on every single shot, and you better have a deep enough bench to outlast them, because they are going to shoot the 3 until the buzzer sounds.

We have that depth and talent.

Most teams don't.

Dook is a legitimate top 6 team right now on their ability to drain the 3 alone.

Kansas' coach needs to reconsider his approach. 6 assists? Really?

When your team assist to turnover ratio is about 1 to 3, you're going to lose a lot of games that you could have won.

caw

Reaction Score
Kansas' coach did a fantastic job, if you think Duke is a legit top 6 team. Kansas basically had ball down 2 with 50 seconds to go and turned it over. Not the coaches fault Kansas has a very short bench and Taylor is one of their top 3 or 4 players, when he would be a top teams 7-8th player at best. That said, they should have had ball down 2 with 20 seconds to go as well. That non-call at the end was brutal, the Duke player took at least 4 solid steps (hop, skip and a jump) before passing to the 3 that put them up 5.

Reaction Score
Kansas has a couple of really nice players, especially Robinson but their first guard off the bench is a walk on and their two bigs off the bench are transfers from Lamar and Loyola Marymount. Self has done a really good job so far but KU talent is wayyy down this year compared to the typical year and they will soon be exposed in the Big 12.

Reaction Score
I think we would have trouble with the pick and pop with Ryan Kelly. We've been struggling on switches. But on the other side, I don't see any of them being able to guard Lamb or Napier. And i'll wait til I watch Boatright to give my input on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom