Donyell killing it | The Boneyard

Donyell killing it

Reaction Score
Great result, and he's proving to be a great hire for CCSU.

Aren't too many guys out there that made $70 million+ in the league that are willing to put in the work and bust their behinds as a low-major assistant, then the very lowest-major head coach. 'Yell is on the grind and I hope it keeps leading him upwards.

He'd be a great replacement for Hurley at URI next year.

EDIT: And I'll just add that he & Hurley have known each other for 30 years. Wherever Hurley ends up next year, it'd be interesting to see if he offers Donyell a job as an associate head coach/big man coach. Can't think of a program that could use a guy like that, though.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Aren't too many guys out there that made $70 million+ in the league that are willing to put in the work and bust their behinds as a low-major assistant, then the very lowest-major head coach. 'Yell is on the grind and I hope it keeps leading him upwards.

CCSU has made the turn. Two good hires for football & basketball.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
EDIT: And I'll just add that he & Hurley have known each other for 30 years. Wherever Hurley ends up next year, it'd be interesting to see if he offers Donyell a job as an associate head coach/big man coach. Can't think of a program that could use a guy like that, though.

Now that's something Id be on board with. As you say, He's put in the hard yards, he's got NBA cred, and I'm pretty damn certain he knows how to coach the big man position. Hurley and Yell would be fantastic. Tom Moore could take over URI. I'm happy to keep it in the family if it actually makes sense.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score

Some people talk about never taking shortcuts. Some people actually coach the credo.

Reaction Score
Big win for them taking down the preseason NEC favorite. Maybe they can make some noise in their conference.

Reaction Score
Husky fans, if you’re looking for something to do on Sunday afternoon (3:30) come on down to NB to support Donyell. Robert Morris, a very good NEC team, is playing at Central. A win would put CCSU in a great spot to start the NEC season. We’ve got a talented team this year with a chance to make a little noise.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score

Maybe Yell could go to GTown. I hear Ewing is looking for a coach for his big men. Only UConn and Chief are looking for a big man coach. And why would Yell, who seems to have a good thing going, leave to become an associate coach or Hurley? It makes no sense. I would think he'd like to schedule URI right now and try to kick they .

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
CCSU is in a good spot right now with fb and bb. New facilities coming soon too for b-ball to bring a nicer atmosphere. Excited for hard hittin New Britain!

I wish UConn and CCSU played every year

Reaction Score
Central is actually playing entertaining basketball this season. Team should compete for NEC this year with the talent they assembled. DM and staff doing a great job so far, and still lots of room for improvement.

Sunday 12/31 vs. Robert Morris
3:30 at Detrick Gym, New Britain

$8 for GA seating, up to $12 for Reserved Chairbacks - best DI basketball value in Connecticut!

Reaction Score
Central is actually playing entertaining basketball this season. Team should compete for NEC this year with the talent they assembled. DM and staff doing a great job so far, and still lots of room for improvement.

$8 for GA seating, up to $12 for Reserved Chairbacks - best DI basketball value in Connecticut!

You're exactly right, 97. When they're playing WELL those games are the best deal in CT. You can bring your kid to a D-1 game--park, buy your tickets, buy him a slice of pizza and a water and a snack for a TOTAL of $20. And you are right in the action. Back in '07, my son and I saw 4 teams in Detrick Gym that ended up going to the NCAA tourney. Can't beat it.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

@UConnDan97 any relation?

Reaction Score

Dang it.

Now you have me thinking of Hurley, Moore, and Donyell leading the 2018-19 Huskies.

Reaction Score
Yep, same age and no UConn affiliation. And no, I'm not predicting an undefeated season ever. I'm too pessimistic in general for that.

I'll take 12-6 in the NEC, and we reach the Semifinals or better in the conference tournament.

As the CCSU fans here have said, when we play well Central is a great deal for college hoop fans. The facilities at Central are like UConn circa 1988, but so too are the prices and access.

Where else can you park for free and watch a potential NCAA tourney teams up close? Plus a lot of individual talent has played on that court and any given night you should be entertained. Sure, it is mostly low-major hoops and horrible referees, but if you are in the area, I encourage you to catch a game.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Donyell is not taking an assistant job anywhere.

He’s a head coach until he can’t get a job as a head coach. That doesn’t look like it will be anytime soon.

Reaction Score
As a CCSU fan, I have no right to an opinion on this board. However...IMHO you guys need to aim higher when it comes to your next HC. Let's be honest, Tom Moore hasn't won in 20 years of coaching. Hurley might be a good fit but I'm not convinced he'd want to leave URI for UConn at this point. And as for Donyell....let's just say that he hasn't done anything YET; and he has only been on the sidelines for half of Central's games this year due to the incident (which there was a little more to than has been reported at this time.) BUT, if he ends up winning the NEC this year (which is not likely; Central is probably like a 10-8 NEC team) THEN he will be ready to step up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom