Don't get too excited, but... | The Boneyard

Don't get too excited, but...

Reaction Score
The frontcourt that's been unfairly bashed all season (by me) is starting to look fairly strong.

Facey is having a Gavin Edwards-esque senior season, and Brimah seems to be rounding into form after his bad start. Off the bench, Enoch and Durham keep swapping who feels like having a productive night, but that's really all you need from your sophomore and freshman posts.

Vance Jackson might be the biggest difference maker, though. Again, I don't want to overreact to a small sample size, but having a versatile forward is almost like having two players. With such a short bench, his emergence is YUGE.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The frontcourt that's been unfairly bashed all season (by me) is starting to look fairly strong.

Facey is having a Gavin Edwards-esque senior season, and Brimah seems to be rounding into form after his bad start. Off the bench, Enoch and Howard keep swapping who feels like having a productive night, but that's really all you need from your sophomore and freshman posts.

Vance Jackson might be the biggest difference maker, though. Again, I don't want to overreact to a small sample size, but having a versatile forward is almost like having two players. With such a short bench, his emergence is YUGE.
Howard??

Reaction Score

Facey is having a Gavin Edwards-esque senior season, and Brimah seems to be rounding into form after his bad start. Off the bench, Enoch and Howard keep swapping who feels like having a productive night, but that's really all you need from your sophomore and freshman posts.

Who is Howard?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
More like a Hilton Armstrong stat senior season for KF
I still think the fact that Ham not coming to UConn has helped both VJ and RP because now they don't have to worry about PT - I have a feeling that weighed on them in particular

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

Wtf is Howard?

Reaction Score
Temple beat West Virginia and Florida St.? Wow.
Must have been on fire from 3.

Reaction Score
upload_2017-1-11_23-14-32.png

The howard?

Reaction Score
Enoch still doesn't really know how to play but I firmly believe on the offensive end it's just a matter of time. No clue when it will happen but at some point it will click. He is built like a Clydesdale and when it clicks he will be drop stepping for easy hoops, hook shots, and just bullying people.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I can tell you I was excited. Ran up and down stairs between tv and computer (not a fan of laptops) two and three steps at a time during timeouts entire game. And I'm approaching 70 but today I feel like twenty. booyah!

Reaction Score

Facey is having a Gavin Edwards-esque senior season, and Brimah seems to be rounding into form after his bad start. Off the bench, Enoch and Durham keep swapping who feels like having a productive night, but that's really all you need from your sophomore and freshman posts.

Facey has improved even from the start of this season...something has just clicked with him recently. He's a more aggressive rebounder, has developed a nice fade-away jumper, and doesn't lose the ball as much as he used to.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
This is the enthusiasm this board needs.
I was pumped all day and it wasn't from watching the gals get #90. Mrs Fleud kept her distance from me if you catch my drift. Just felt like things could be moving in the right direction. Little did I know the football news would be as incredible as it was. Hope things continue.

Reaction Score
More like a Hilton Armstrong stat senior season for KF
I still think the fact that Ham not coming to UConn has helped both VJ and RP because now they don't have to worry about PT - I have a feeling that weighed on them in particular

I've been saying all year that Facey would emerge this season in the same way Hilton Armstrong did his senior year, and people here said I was insane!

But if you just look at what he is capable of as a basketball player, forgetting about consistency, you'd have to figure he would get the consistency part down during his senior year. Great to see. And apparently Fran Dunphy agrees! I was really glad to hear an opposing coach say that about Facey.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I was pumped all day and it wasn't from watching the gals get #90. Mrs Fleud kept her distance from me if you catch my drift. Just felt like things could be moving in the right direction. Little did I know the football news would be as incredible as it was. Hope things continue.

This can be read one of two ways. You old horndog.

Reaction Score
Temple beat West Virginia and Florida St.? Wow.
Must have been on fire from 3.
Their top scorer was 1-10 from 3 tonight. He is 42% on the season and missed a ton of wide open looks from 3. He hits a few of those and it's a different game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom