Don't get mad at O'Leary for keep trying to score | The Boneyard

Don't get mad at O'Leary for keep trying to score

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is the big-time people. He needs style points to move UCF up in the poll. It's all on UConn coaches and players to try to stop this

Reaction Score
It is pre-emptive. I can see some of the pollyannas whining

Reaction Score

Joe D took acceptation to O'Leary challenging the fumble call late in the 4th quarter. I didn't have an issue with it. He has to for style points.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I have seen no one mention it. UCF could have hung 80+ if they liked.

Reaction Score
Yep, if anything UCF called off the dogs early on their end.

Reaction Score
This is the big-time people. He needs style points to move UCF up in the poll. It's all on UConn coaches and players to try to stop this

Why would he need to run-up the score on a team that runs the score up on itself? We do the work. He benefits.

Reaction Score
Joe D took acceptation to O'Leary challenging the fumble call late in the 4th quarter. I didn't have an issue with it. He has to for style points.

While I think JoeD has improve a bit in recent years (other than consistently failing to adhere to the Red Barber rule of giving the score at least every 3 minutes) this is another instance where he needs to take the rose colored glasses off. This is not the Yankee Conference anymore; Cochran rule (Jack, that is) does not apply in FBS especially for the No. 21 team in the country

Reaction Score
This is not the Yankee Conference anymore; Cochran rule (Jack, that is) does not apply in FBS especially for the No. 21 team in the country

How about the B1G then? It's not just Joe D - Similar debate is burning btwn national columnists over the tOSU/PSU game where UM challenged a spot deep into 4thQ in their blow-out. Someone is always going to overreact and whine where MOV is huge.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

Boy are you having a bad year. Have you been right about anything first pass?

Reaction Score
While I think JoeD has improve a bit in recent years (other than consistently failing to adhere to the Red Barber rule of giving the score at least every 3 minutes) this is another instance where he needs to take the rose colored glasses off. This is not the Yankee Conference anymore; Cochran rule (Jack, that is) does not apply in FBS especially for the No. 21 team in the country

On his blog (Joe D) he called it classless.

Reaction Score
I am all for UCF's mauling of us. Got them ahead of Louisville in the polls. As a program, we got what we deserve. We should just be glad O'Leary took Bortles out. We made him look like a Heisman candidate.

Reaction Score
[quoteis="Butch, post: 733210, member: 590"]I am all for UCF's mauling of us. Got them ahead of Louisville in the polls. As a program, we got what we deserve. We should just be glad O'Leary took Bortles out. We made him look like a Heisman candidate.[/quote]

UCF is behind Louisville in all of the polls. Don't know how but they are.

Reaction Score
UCF is behind Louisville in all of the polls. Don't know how but they are.
I guess I saw wrong but the AP Poll does have UCF ahead. Probably has no value, but so does "espn.com's power rankings".

Houston, we have a problem.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I guess I saw wrong but the AP Poll does have UCF ahead. Probably has no value, but so does "espn.com's power rankings".

Since it doesn't matter. Who cares?

Reaction Score

Correct. With being 0-7 my facts get mixed up sometimes.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It won't matter if Houston beats Louisville, yeah.

It won't matter unless there is a 3 way tie. Which would pretty much require Houston to beat UCF lose to Louisville and the three of them win the rest of their games. I'd cross that bridge when you get to it.

Reaction Score
Challenging the fumble was probably not necessary. Having said that, UCF opted to play much of the second team for a good chunk of the second half. If O'Leary really wanted to pile on he could have. Although, there was probably a desire to bolster reserve experience in a game that allowed for that.

Reaction Score
I disagree with Joe D's characterization of the challenge as classless. It was helpful. It gave me time to get some water before total dehydration set in. Picture sitting on metal bleacher type seats in that scorching sun and watching your team getting embarrassed. I was hot both over and under the collar.

Reaction Score
I disagree with Joe D's characterization of the challenge as classless. It was helpful. It gave me time to get some water before total dehydration set in. Picture sitting on metal bleacher type seats in that scorching sun and watching your team getting embarrassed. I was hot both over and under the collar.

I'm sorry you had to sit through that...ugh

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The computers don't include margin of victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom