Don't Forget What Crap is On The Bubble | The Boneyard

Don't Forget What Crap is On The Bubble

Reaction Score
I guess what I'm asking is if we were to win out by beating 2 ranked teams along the way and get to the final game of the tournament but lose a close one, is there a bid for us? MakersMuppet appeared in a dream last night.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I guess what I'm asking is if we were to win out by beating 2 ranked teams along the way and get to the final game of the tournament but lose a close one, is there a bid for us? MakersMuppet appeared in a dream last night.
I doubt it as we would be 19-13 against D-1 competition with two awful losses.

Reaction Score

Hopefully it was a dry one!:eek:

20-13? Hmmmmm......but remember the Chaminade game doesn't count LOL

Reaction Score
If we win out, beat SMU again in the tournament, and lose to Cincinnati in the final, we would have an RPI in the mid 40's with a SOS in the mid 30's. Certainly possible to get a bid, on the bubble.

Reaction Score
A week ago they get destroyed @ Cincy. They don't have a singe quality win and only 2 top 100 wins.

It seems like asking for a miracle for this team to win out and win 3 top 30 games.

The SMU-Cincy-Memphis games weren't remotely competitive.

At this point just try and finish strong enough for a NIT bid and build the experience from that.

If we win out, beat SMU again in the tournament, and lose to Cincinnati in the final, we would have an RPI in the mid 40's with a SOS in the mid 30's. Certainly possible to get a bid.

Reaction Score
A week ago they get destroyed @ Cincy. They don't have a singe quality win and only 2 top 100 wins.

It seems like asking for a miracle for this team to win out and win 3 top 30 games.

The SMU-Cincy-Memphis games weren't remotely competitive.

At this point just try and finish strong enough for a NIT bid and build the experience from that.
Oh, we're not going to win out? No .

That wasn't the question, but thank god you figured out a way to shoehorn in some more negativity.

Reaction Score
I call it objectively

Oh, we're not going to win out? No .

That wasn't the question, but thank god you figured out a way to shoehorn in some more negativity.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
If we win out then lose to Cincy/SMU in the final while beating the other in the semis we'd be at 19-13 for tourney purposes. We'd have a tourney ready RPI but I can't see a 19 win team with losses to Wagner and NU getting in. However out "last 10" would be 9-1 and we're certainly a better team. Cuse got in at 19-14 last year but the NCAA essentially said the games Boeheim was out didn't count.

Reaction Score
As of right now, no. 11-12 vs D1 teams and 2-9 vs RPI top 100.

But UCF should finish in the top 100 adding 2 more for us. 5 of the 6 remaining games are vs the top 100. Could play 3 more top 100 teams in the AAC tournament, even though I'd prefer we play USF, Tulsa, and ECU.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Our "eye-test" would keep us out of the tournament despite a great finish.

Need to win in Hartford come March.

Reaction Score
The committee considers improvement. That would be significant improvement. They will also consider the reshuffle of personnel.

Reaction Score
Our "eye-test" would keep us out of the tournament despite a great finish.

Need to win in Hartford come March.
I doubt that. If we actually started beating teams like SMU and Cincinnati on a regular basis, we'd probably be playing at a level that would pass the eye-test easily.

Reaction Score
In the last month we have played two decent teams and lost by 20 and 14. Our wins are over the #215, #286 x 2, #275, and #82 teams in the country. Wake up we are not winning out and right now we are not even a bubble NIT team.

Reaction Score
I doubt that. If we actually started beating teams like SMU and Cincinnati on a regular basis, we'd probably be playing at a level that would pass the eye-test easily.
I guess it all depends on which eye test the committee used. The bad losses early in the season or the team who closed the season with 2 or 3 wins against ranked teams

Reaction Score
I call it objectively

Often after one of your posts I get the urge to ask you to stop posting here - because you are ruining this board - but then I take a few deep breaths and tell myself that this is just a message board. That you are probably a fine person. And that writing such a thing would be bad will for such a petty reason.

This is not you at your worst here. But I fear that it may be you at your best. Your takes are never good and always hot - and you always come off like a jerk.

Can you control that by being less of a jerk going forward, please?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Often after one of your posts I get the urge to ask you to stop posting here - because you are ruining this board - but then I take a few deep breaths and tell myself that this is just a message board. That you are probably a fine person. And that writing such a thing would be bad will for such a petty reason.

This is not you at your worst here. But I fear that it may be you at your best. Your takes are never good and always hot - and you always come off like a jerk.

Can you control that by being less of a jerk going forward, please?

Not sure to whom you are addressing this self righteous rant but we ALL post things that everyone, some of us, none of us agree but I am glad you decided to take a few deep breaths.
Keep breathing and if you start having problems doing so, simply decide not to read what is on this board.
Can you control that?

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Often after one of your posts I get the urge to ask you to stop posting here...
Just put him on ignore. I did so about a month ago and it's made browsing the Boneyard much more enjoyable. Same with a few of the other doom & gloom brigade.

Reaction Score
"Lucky to go to the NIT"? Some of you are stating that. No. Uconn is a fringe (but on the outside) NIT team now but with some improvement they can make it.

IF they can go 4-2 to finish the season, they get into the NIT, regardless of what happens in Hartford in March. 3-3 with two wins in Hartford also gets them into the NIT. Anything less and it is almost certain there is no post season for the Huskies.

Reaction Score
We get a bid....to the NIT

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom