Don't Discount the Presence of Patterson on the Staff | The Boneyard

Don't Discount the Presence of Patterson on the Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Don Patterson is going to be one of the key's of the staff this year....he will be the guy Diaco can lean on for advice during a game...a mentor that he can rely on to help him through the rough spots as a first time HC. He also did a pretty good job as Qb coach at UB.

Reaction Score
Don Patterson is going to be one of the key's of the staff this year....he will be the guy Diaco can lean on for advice during a game...a mentor that he can rely on to help him through the rough spots as a first time HC. He also did a pretty good job as Qb coach at UB.

He did? Says who? I know they whooped our tails last year, but up to that point what evidence is there to show he did a pretty good job as QB coach there? Granted he doesn't have the same talent at UB like an OSU QB coach would, but just curious where you make these claims from.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
You forget he was up for the job before Randy Edsall was offered the job.
I think he is a huge part of the offense and the quarterbacks going forward. He is HCBD mentor and will help round him into a better coach in the end.

Reaction Score
He did? Says who? I know they whooped our tails last year, but up to that point what evidence is there to show he did a pretty good job as QB coach there? Granted he doesn't have the same talent at UB like an OSU QB coach would, but just curious where you make these claims from.
My own opinion as a college football fan. UB just didn't whoop up on us they had 8 wins went to a bowl game and played OSU tough in their opener. Paterson was a coach there from 2011-2013, that means he had 2-3 years to work with Joe Licata; who for a Sophomore starting for the first time had a very good season last year (233-402 2824 Yds 24 TD's and 8 Int). I'd say Paterson did a good job as a qb coach.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
My own opinion as a college football fan. UB just didn't whoop up on us they had 8 wins went to a bowl game and played OSU tough in their opener. Paterson was a coach there from 2011-2013, that means he had 2-3 years to work with Joe Licata; who for a Sophomore starting for the first time had a very good season last year (233-402 2824 Yds 24 TD's and 8 Int). I'd say Paterson did a good job as a qb coach.

Opinion + facts to back it up = winning

Reaction Score

That's all I wanted. Thanks.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score

I agree....and it is key that he is on the offensive side of the ball. Since BD is a defensive guy...his offensive hires are his most important.

Reaction Score
Don't discount the entire staff experience. We've never had a staff with so much college coaching and NFL playing experience.

I expect that by the time conference play starts we will see a well disciplined team that will improve with every game.

Reaction Score
10 year head coach at western ill. 63-47.
Coached and worked with BD at Iowa. Hired BD at W.I.
Great guy to have next to you as you rebuild a program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom