Donovan Clingan breaks the BCHS single game scoring record. | The Boneyard

Donovan Clingan breaks the BCHS single game scoring record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Jack Nicholson Yes GIF by The Taboo Group

Reaction Score
I wanna know about his assist numbers this season, but those don't really get tracked well, or at all. His passing is the most exciting part of his game other than being a literal giant.

Reaction Score
Went to see DC play for the second time tonight in New Haven vs Wilbur Cross. It was a back and forth game that ended up going to OT before Bristol Central pulled out a double-digit win. Donovan gave up a free throw rebound for a putback that tied the game in the final seconds but Bristol bounced back and dominated in OT.

I thought Cross did a good job at times preventing Donovan from being his usual completely dominant self (held him to 4 points in the 4th quarter for example). They were super physical and double-teamed him constantly. Bristol Central was having a hard time dealing with Cross's pressure all game and turned it over a bunch. I thought Cross got away with fouling Donovan a bunch. I think he only shot 5 free throws all game (4-for-5). That said, he still had a hell of a game, posting a triple-double with blocks. Some nice passing as well.

Reaction Score

29 points 24 rebounds 12 blocks was the final stat line. Pretty ridiculous. It really did feel like Cross did a decent job, dude is just unstoppable at this level.

Wilbur Cross coach complaining about a disparity in foul calls in that article, which is pretty bad. The game was called loose the whole way and Clingan got fouled a ton without the refs blowing the whistle. Most of the fouls called on Wilbur Cross were intentional at the end of regulation and OT. Cross also barely drove into the paint at all because Donovan was there. Settled for a lot of jump shots and didn't shoot foul shots as a result. Game changing defense from Clingan. He blocks two or three jump shots as well.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Am I the only one surprised he is only now breaking the record? Who else played there?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If it ain't 112 points, I ain't impressed.
Yeah, but the 111 you are referencing were Canadian points. They have to be discounted significantly. If Canadian points were worth the same as US points, Syracuse probably have a winning record this season.

Reaction Score
I love how DC cares about his town. He is already a literal legend in Bristol. Cant wait to see what he builds at UConn when all is said and done
I suspect it takes at least 2 years before he is a significant contributor. Very few bigs are significant players as freshmen and Hurley seems to not play freshman unless they are really good or he has no choice. Plus some of the scouting reports on Him suggest that he has lots of upside but isn’t physically mature enough to be a significant contributor right away. Assuming Sonogo is back, he likely is a backup anyway next season. That is not to say he isn’t going to be a significant force. Just not as a freshman. Playing against 6-3 high school guys is somewhat different than going against 6-9 21 year olds who have been training for 3-4 years.

Reaction Score
Didn't Aaron Hernandez play basketball for Central?
Both Aaron and D.J.

"Hernandez entered Bristol Central for the 2003-04 academic year and immediately made an impact in athletics. In his high school career, he played four years of football in the fall and three years of basketball in the winter, while also running outdoor track in the spring of his junior year. Hernandez left Bristol Central after the fall semester of his senior year to focus on training to play college football.

His freshman year coincided with his brother D.J.’s senior season and they played together on the gridiron and the hardcourt. D.J. was the quarterback of the Rams in 2003-04 and the two hooked up for plenty of receptions that year.

Hernandez’s football career at Bristol Central ended up being a historic one. In 2005, he set Connecticut state records for most receiving yards in a single game and in a single season. On Nov. 4, 2005, Hernandez racked up 376 yards against Newington, passing the previous record of 335 set by St. Paul’s Bob Simeone in 1980. Hernandez finished the 2005 campaign with 1,807 yards, which was 134 yards more than the previous mark.

By the end of his senior season, Hernandez added another state record to his resume. With 1,334 yards in the 2006 season, he totaled 3,677 yards on 172 career receptions. All three of those marks still stand to this day as state records, in addition to being Bristol Central school records.

Following his senior season, Hernandez was selected as the Connecticut Gatorade Football Player of the Year, making him the third Ram to earn the award. The other two were Tim Washington in 2001-02 and D.J. in 2003-04."

Reaction Score
Don't forget the greatest nickname in college hoops history, the Big Deli. Jeff Savlosky who played a few years up in Amherst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom