Donovan Clingan anxious to bring his game, plenty of confidence to UConn men’s basketball team | The Boneyard

Donovan Clingan anxious to bring his game, plenty of confidence to UConn men’s basketball team

Reaction Score

Clingan isn’t wasting time in preparing for his college career. He wakes up at 5:45 a.m. to lift weights. After school, he heads to the basketball court and shoots for an hour or two. If he has time after completing his homework he gets in a second gym session.

He knows he has to put the extra work in to earn minutes.

I know Adama Sanogo is the star big right now,” he said. “For me, I’m going in there trying to fight for my spot on the team. I know nothing is going to be handed to me and nothing is going to be easy. I am going to have to work for everything.”

The UConn coaching staff has challenged Clingan to get into better shape. At the end of his high school season in March he weighed 285 pounds. Now he weighs 268 with the goal to get down to 265.

Reaction Score
Sanogo getting to practice against Clingan every day will pay dividends for when he has to match up against Kalkbrenner twice this year. And Clingan getting to practice against a top 5 center in college will help him immensely as well. They’re going to make each other expand their games on offense and defense.

Reaction Score
It's kind of hard to fathom that kids from CT high schools would chant "UConn sucks". What is that all about?

Reaction Score
AS/SJ/RS/AK will all be better players.. As will DC.. By going to battle every day against each other.. Everyone wins

Reaction Score
It's kind of hard to fathom that kids from CT high schools would chant "UConn sucks". What is that all about?
Probably kids who got rejected by UConn but got into that safety school 1 hour east of Storrs

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Kids in Connecticut love hating on Connecticut. It’s strange.

Reaction Score
I think as a stronger and better conditioned Donovan gets used to the speed and physicality of the college game, the coaches here at UConn will have quite a good player on their hands. I really think that he will do well here, and soon.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score

UConn does an awful job with alumni relations. Part of it is a function of appealing to people of CT is next to impossible a piece of it is the school.

Reaction Score
UConn does an awful job with alumni relations. Part of it is a function of appealing to people of CT is next to impossible a piece of it is the school.
Not arguing by this question, but what piece do you think belongs to the school?

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Not arguing by this question, but what piece do you think belongs to the school?

I don't think the school does a good job of serving the "koolaid" when we are students like other schools. My sister went to a southern school and she was effectively brainwashed into loving the school. It was a sight to behold. It feels to me that other schools do a much better job whipping up their alumni bases especially around sports.

Reaction Score
I could see Northwest Catholic kids chanting that. Growing up in West Hartford, all the preppy Catholic kids from that school attending Providence.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
LOL, only on the Boneyard could some kids chanting ish at a basketball game be translated into some kind of alumni relations issue. That’s super genius work right there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom