Donovan called in for his send off game. | The Boneyard

Donovan called in for his send off game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Klinsman announces the roster for the Donovan send off game vs Ecuador.

GK - Guzan, Hamid, Rimando
DF - Brooks, Chandler, Garza, Gonzalez, Orozco, Ream, Yedlin
MF - Bedoya, Corona, Diskerud, Gil, Green, Morales
FW - Donovan, Altidore, Gyau, Miguel Ibarra (Minnesota United FC)?, Wood

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
meyers7 said:
Klinsman announces the roster for the Donovan send off game vs Ecuador.

GK - Guzan, Hamid, Rimando
DF - Brooks, Chandler, Garza, Gonzalez, Orozco, Ream, Yedlin
MF - Bedoya, Corona, Diskerud, Gil, Green, Morales
FW - Donovan, Altidore, Gyau, Miguel Ibarra (Minnesota United FC)?, Wood

Word is LD makes a cameo, not sure if he'll start or sub late.

The midfield needs work if this is the pool for 2018.

Friday's predicted XI:
Guzan
Yedlin - Gonzo - Brooks - Chandler
Bedoya - Mix
Guam - Donovan- Green
Altidore

Hope it's a good match. It's looking like a long nervous year at Everton.

Reaction Score
Should be a good test. Ecuador is solid, has depth, but is a different team when not playing with their homef ield advantage in a stdium that sits 9K feet above sea level (for comparison, Mile High is only 5K feet above sea level). Hopefully LD starts and is subbed off in the 55th-60th mintue and a big deal is made out of it. It's a freindly after all so the officials and visitors should be fine with it.

Curious to see who gets run v. Honduras on the 14th as well. We get into some serious business starting Spring of 2015 so would be nice to get some things settled with the lineup over the next 3 friendlies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Anyone know if this game is close to a sellout?

Reaction Score
I'm going, looks the weather is going to bite though. Leaving Jersey Thursday night and working remotely Friday before heading over to the game. No way I can make a 7 PM game at the Rent on a Friday night if I leave work at 5.

Reaction Score
SAMCRO said:
Should be a good test. Ecuador is solid, has depth, but is a different team when not playing with their homef ield advantage in a stdium that sits 9K feet above sea level (for comparison, Mile High is only 5K feet above sea level). Hopefully LD starts and is subbed off in the 55th-60th mintue and a big deal is made out of it. It's a freindly after all so the officials and visitors should be fine with it. Curious to see who gets run v. Honduras on the 14th as well. We get into some serious business starting Spring of 2015 so would be nice to get some things settled with the lineup over the next 3 friendlies.

He'll only play 30 or so. Galaxy play Saturday and are tied for first with three to play.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
He'll only play 30 or so. Galaxy play Saturday and are tied for first with three to play.
Yep, that's what I heard too. That's good though, don't want to waste too much time on an over-the-hill has been. ;)

Reaction Score
Word is LD makes a cameo, not sure if he'll start or sub late.

The midfield needs work if this is the pool for 2018.

Friday's predicted XI:
Guzan
Yedlin - Gonzo - Brooks - Chandler
Bedoya - Mix
Guam - Donovan- Green
Altidore

Hope it's a good match. It's looking like a long nervous year at Everton.

It's definitely not. Many of the best mids have real competitive matches on the 10th.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Watching the live feed, tactical cam and star cam on ESPN3. If only UConn hockey wasn't blocked on BTN (I don't get the Comcast sports tier), I'd be like a pig in .

Reaction Score
Missed LD's cameo in the first half as I was coaching. Watching it now. Cornoa missed to point blank opportunities. Wood looks good. Crowed looks lively and bigger than anything that UConn has had for football this year, sadly. Field looks like crap though, seeing a lot of slipping, even the keepers on punts.

Reaction Score
Hate the way these friendlies go. Wish we could see a consistent 90 minutes with the best we've got on the field. But I really like the way the midfield looked. Mix is totally the class of the team right now. I hope he gets picked up by a bigger European club.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I agree. I was never a big Mix fan but I am now after seeing him in person.

Reaction Score
I agree. I was never a big Mix fan but I am now after seeing him in person.

I know he is a #8 but he looked more like #10 last night. Settling the ball and holding up. He was just too far back.

Reaction Score
It was a fun. Good atmosphere at the Rent and nearly sold out. Field looked horrible though. Teamed looked good in the first half and missed way too many opportunities. Wood and Corona missed several easy shots. Second half, the substitutions ruined cohesion and bent the team out-of-shape; but, that s to be expected in a post Cup friendly like this. Need to get some sleep. Drove back to Jersey after the game and was up at 7 to drive back to CT (New Haven) for a wedding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom