Donor Mike Melio Tweets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Unsure if Key or Non-Key so just giving him his own thread:

Mike Melio ‏@EnzosDad Aug 24
Want to Accelerate Conference Realignment?You can help by being in a seat Sept 3rd for our Home Opener! @UConnFootball #RiseUpTogether

If we want to insure FUTURE success for ALL of our Athletic Programs WE NEED to Support our Football Team NOW! @UConnFootball #RiseUp

Conference Realignment is INFLUENCED by TV Revenue Generating Football. SHOW UP-STAND UP-RISE UP Sept 3rd! @UConnFootball #BuyInNow

Mike Melio ‏@EnzosDad Aug 25
BIG-TIME FOOTBALL?Our Coaching Staff and Student Athletes are doing their Job. We NEED to do OURS! FILL THE RENT Sept 3rd. @UConnFootball

Mike Melio ‏@EnzosDad Aug 25
We've come a long way from 1-AA & Memorial Stadium-time to STEP UP to P5.CROWD SUPPORT and VICTORIES deliver the Promiseland @UConnFootball

If nothing else he definitely is getting me amped for the start of the 2015 football season. Anyone know what kind of insight donors like him typically would have?

Drew

Reaction Score
If mod could delete this thread that would be helpful. Duplicate posting

Drew

Reaction Score
@Drew - I like his enthusiasm but Who is this guy?

He's one of the bigger donors for UConn athletics that we have. Stole this from the Western Piedmont Metal site:

“Michael Melio is a Waterbury, Connecticut native who built two North Carolina-based companies, Western Piedmont Metal and United American Steel Company,” Reitz said.

Currently, Melio serves as the president and CEO of Western Piedmont Metal Incorporated, and he has had considerable success building his own business despite setbacks due to the turbulences of the 2008 market crisis. The focus of Melio’s two companies is recycling asset management systems for industries dealing with scrap metal. Combined, his businesses report estimated revenue of $50 million.

His personal experiences, which ultimately led to his business success as well as his friendship with esteemed life coach Tony Robbins, have been the subject of a segment on the CNN talk show program Piers Morgan Tonight.

Reaction Score
Unsure if Key or Non-Key so just giving him his own thread:

Want to Accelerate Conference Realignment?You can help by being in a seat Sept 3rd for our Home Opener! @UConnFootball #RiseUpTogether

Anyone know what kind of insight donors like him typically would have?

It means that nothing is in the works (at least that he knows of). Otherwise, he wouldn't be mentioning a need to accelerate conference realignment. :(

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It means that nothing is in the works (at least that he knows of). Otherwise, he wouldn't be mentioning a need to accelerate conference realignment. :(
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
I'm sure that you are right, unless of course he knows that the B1G is finalizing its expansion and he wants to be doubly sure that UConn gets as good a revenue phase in deal as is possible.

[Sotto Voce: "Amateur..."]

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure this guy is on an actual realignment committee the school has. He is in the know for sure

Reaction Score
If that's true and this guy knows we need to fill the Rent to get in, UConn better fill the Rent. If they have to give free tickets to local schools, homeless people, or even women's basketball fans, do it.

Reaction Score
If that's true and this guy knows we need to fill the Rent to get in, UConn better fill the Rent. If they have to give free tickets to local schools, homeless people, or even women's basketball fans, do it.
Unfortunately they won't show up Hoophound.....they don't even acknowledge that football, Men's basketball, or even hockey (men & women) exist! Hopefully they figure out a LOT sooner than later that we are ALL in this together!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Can you please release the names of the members of the realignment committee.

Reaction Score

I hope you aren't being serious because the other guy sure as hell wasn't being serious. There is no realignment committee.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Richard Blumenthal, Jeff Hathaway, Paul Pasqualoni, and Linda McMahon.

The North Carolina Car Sparkle crew, the Fish of WV, Mike Aresco, okielite, and Rutgers Al.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score

Since I'm not authorized to comment directly on this, I've masked the names of the individuals that comprise the three member committee.

M*rk *mm*rt, D*nn* l*l*, and R*v. L**hy

The committee insists that they are working diligently and incessantly to advance UConn's position in conference realignment.

Reaction Score
Since I'm not authorized to comment directly on this, I've masked the names of the individuals that comprise the three member committee.

M*rk *mm*rt, D*nn* l*l*, and R*v. L**hy

The committee insists that they are working diligently and incessantly to advance UConn's position in conference realignment.
The end result of this group is admission to the conference "You're Screwed"!!

Reaction Score
Burton gave UCONN $$ to fund a position to market UCONN in realignment:
http://www.ctpost.com/uconn/article...aloni-firing-I-told-4857720.php?cmpid=twitter
If I was gonna bet on there being a realignment committee..I'd go all in.

According to the story:

Now that Pasqualoni is out of the picture, Burton said he would donate money to UConn to hire a full-time person to promote the school's athletic programs to marquee conferences.

"That person should be out there selling the university and should be knowing every (athletic director)," Burton said. "UConn has a lot of opportunity here."

It doesn't say that UConn ever took him up on that idea.

Reaction Score
According to the story:

Now that Pasqualoni is out of the picture, Burton said he would donate money to UConn to hire a full-time person to promote the school's athletic programs to marquee conferences.

"That person should be out there selling the university and should be knowing every (athletic director)," Burton said. "UConn has a lot of opportunity here."

It doesn't say that UConn ever took him up on that idea.
I'm going off this assumption: Burton has blown his stack once...he would be doing it again if he wasn't satisfied with the effort on marketing UCONN for CR.

Reaction Score
According to these emails, Herbst stated that "realignment is a presidential-level dynamic".
http://www.documentcloud.org/documents/282123-responsive-documents.html#document/p1

She did bring in her chief of staff, Rachel Rubin, and mentioned that Mike Enright produced the document "UConn is New York's Team". Warde Manuel was hired since then. So if you want to consider the President, Chief of Staff, the AD, and the Associate AD the "realignment committee", then there is a realignment committee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom