Donny Marshall just posted Tristen Newton on his POY Top 5 list. | The Boneyard

Donny Marshall just posted Tristen Newton on his POY Top 5 list.

Reaction Score
Taking off my blue tinted glasses..

His highs have been high, but I don’t think Newton has had the consistency to warrant top 5 player in the country status.
I completely agree if the statement, Newton is my favorite player on a team and I love everything that he does but he's pretty inconsistent currently, I'm hoping that after a few more games he'll start to develop his identity and become the killer player he was in the postseason last year

Reaction Score
Put the glasses back on. He had a January lull last year before leading us to a natty. This year he's going to do it with the spotlight on him. He'll be top 5 by March.

Reaction Score
FWIW, he is 9th in in the KenPom.com Player of the Year standings.
IMG_4282.jpeg

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

His highs have been high, but I don’t think Newton has had the consistency to warrant top 5 player in the country status.

His shooting percentages are bad and even with his propensity to get to the line and make FT, he's behind the rest of the starters in points per shot. Obviously he does other stuff, including rebounding like a 6'10" guy. But he's shooting 40.5% and 30.7% from 3. Not good.

He's an awesome player, All-Big East, etc., but you got it right: he's not consistently performing at a POY level. That's not an insult.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom